Who has tried Diesel Denim Gallery limited edition pieces?

beast

Darn!

Clicked on the link: http://www.yoox.com/areas/denim/look.asp/areaid/7319

& saw Denim from US$400 to US520.

The description sounds great or is it due to some copy writer's handiwork.

Anyway, recall seeing some limited edition Diesels few months back.

Don't know whether its the same thing.

Anyone here with any clue whether these are great denims or not?

It seems like they've been going back and forth a lot. After they shut down Style Lab, the more high end pieces were put in the main collection, but it had it's own tag with the italian flag and was named "made in Italy". Then they took the items out of the main collection and formed a "fashion collection". And now they are talking about bringing back Style Lab. During this time they've introduced the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line - which gets a bit confusing as they also call some of their own stores (namely three of them) Diesel Denim Gallery - where you can find both the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line, and stuff from the other collections. And the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line is also sold to independent stores. I am confused.

I have seen some of the Denim Gallery jeans and my impression was that they were very italyfashion - with tons of embroideries all over. But that was the spring stuff, I haven't bothered to go check the new stuff for fall. Please do let me know if you'd like me too - they have the collection at a store a few hundred yards from my apartment.

I went in about 3 weeks ago and they had a VERY nice pair of raw straight leg jeans with distinct pocket styles (no embroidery or logos were to be found on the outside of the jeans). The denim had a unique sheen to it that I hadn't seen in other japanese brands. Unfortunately they were $780. I was floored.

If you're into extreme washes and a near perfect medium to low rise cut, you can't get much better IMO. The quality, (despite not being on par with most of the denims discussed in these forums) is one that is pretty tough. Even their most destroyed washes last a long time. But they are far from being worth the price IMO, unless you are only concerned with a more pre-fabricated aesthetic.

It seems like they've been going back and forth a lot. After they shut down Style Lab, the more high end pieces were put in the main collection, but it had it's own tag with the italian flag and was named "made in Italy". Then they took the items out of the main collection and formed a "fashion collection". And now they are talking about bringing back Style Lab. During this time they've introduced the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line - which gets a bit confusing as they also call some of their own stores (namely three of them) Diesel Denim Gallery - where you can find both the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line, and stuff from the other collections. And the Diesel Denim Gallery jeans line is also sold to independent stores. I am confused.

I have seen some of the Denim Gallery jeans and my impression was that they were very italyfashion - with tons of embroideries all over. But that was the spring stuff, I haven't bothered to go check the new stuff for fall. Please do let me know if you'd like me too - they have the collection at a store a few hundred yards from my apartment.

Thanks for the information on Diesel.

Its very kind of you but no need to scout out the store.

I am just very curious to see why & how Diesel can charge US$500 for Japanese jeans which do not seem to be extremely unique like Gucci's special indian cotton.

Saw the limited edition stocks before, which was not sold in the normal Diesel shops. Since the sales assistant could not offer me any information on it other than they were 'special', I decided not to part with my money.

If you are more into washes and details, then the Diesel Denim Gallery is for you. The denim is pretty tricked up, but it is made with Italian and Japanese denim. More for the fashion forward person, rather then an enthusiast. And definitly, defnintly, not worth the price.

Hmm. I wonder is it worth buying if its 50% off during end of the season sale?

If you're in the NYC area, they got a store in SOHO. It's all denim gallery and you should check it out. I mean its really more worth it if you can touch it and try it on. It's pretty cool stuff, so I think that its okay to buy it at 50% off. But I don't think jeans should be priced so freaking high. But then you are paying for quality of construction, fabric, details etc. A 20$ pair of jeans is night and day compared to something from Diesel Denim gallery.