double breasted cardigans?

chris

00050f.jpg00150m.jpg

00340m.jpg00220m.jpg

00220m.jpg00040m.jpg

00150m.jpg00290m.jpg

lgJLgreyswtrFRONT.jpg0005h.jpg

http://www.bluebee.com/product_display.aspx?l=00150119046700000000&p=BSO01231&pn=1&st=0

im about to cave, and buy the j.lindeberg one. but before that happens, can anyone suggest a double breasted cardigan that wont set me back $40000000000000 plus? thanks.

ps, i already checked h&m this past weekend, and unfortunately, the only one i saw could pretty much double as a dress.

Actually the cloak one fits real weird on skinny people. I didn't try the x-small though but the small didn't drape properly..

Oh and I'd personnally avoid any deep-v-neck cardigans as they will look stupid in 2 seasons (well they do now but could maybe fit with the whole current aesthetic). It's my feeling that dfouble breasted, although definitely not a stapple, will remain wearable as it can be combined with a variety of outfits.

yhst-1478880498451_1921_144865931

this is an interesting predicament. this sweater is great looking, the gun metal color too... but it isn't a real cardigan, it just looks like one. so, you can't unbutton it...

BUT

as with anything double-breasted, you really shouldn't be wearing it unbuttoned anyway. double-breasted suits look like garbage unbuttoned, and a lot of peacoats

look ridiculous when you leave one side open and it hangs a full six inches past your

body, compared to the other side.

soooo.... to buy or not to buy?

NO BUY. This is such a retarded trend, if you buy one, buy a cheap one. After next season, it'll just look stupid IMO. Plus, it only looks good on built tall men. If you are skinny or short, the cardigan will look off. And wearing it unbuttoned looks off as well. Buy a regular cardigan, you'll thank yourself later.

NO BUY. This is such a retarded trend, if you buy one, buy a cheap one. After next season, it'll just look stupid IMO. Plus, it only looks good on built tall men. If you are skinny or short, the cardigan will look off. And wearing it unbuttoned looks off as well. Buy a regular cardigan, you'll thank yourself later.

Totally agree. I can see this looking pretty cool, but if I do get it I would avoid the stripes/houndstooth patterned ones like the plague. Those are wearable for maybe 3 more months max before you'll look like a fashion victim.

^^ explain the "fashion victim" idea you are getting at?

i like the houndstooth cloak one because its not a deep v its creating, its still rather high up, and i think it looks dope with a coat over it..

I think he means it'll go out of style quickly. Where to buy these though? that aren't extremely expensive?

I don't see how something as classic as a houndstooth print could go out of style. Also, a double breasted cardigan is really unique, but still classic. I could see my self wearing something like this long after a say skinny jeans become a passe silhoutte.

^^ explain the "fashion victim" idea you are getting at?

I'm just saying that sometimes a piece will look so distinct that it will be very obvious as to what collection it came from, or at least what collection it was obviously meant to emulate. What seems very stylish and fashion forward today can look very silly in the near future after the design has saturated the market.

Right now I'm seeing the houndstooth print all over the place, in jackets, scarfs, etc.... While it is a classic pattern, I don't think it was ever used that much outside of sport coats (and for good reason).

houndstooth is in in a big way, but that doesn't mean that once the general trend passes, a design as classic as that will somehow look 'out'. the cloak houndstooth in question, fyi, is a vest, not a cardigan, and i can attest that it looks both classic with a jacket over it, and rock and roll with a pair of skinny jeans... also, you can't tell from the photo but the back is vertical black and grey stripes...

its just a cardigan that happens to have an extra set of buttons. big deal. i dont see how anyone would look stupid if they wore it a few months from now. or ever.

houndstooth is in in a big way, but that doesn't mean that once the general trend passes, a design as classic as that will somehow look 'out'. the cloak houndstooth in question, fyi, is a vest, not a cardigan, and i can attest that it looks both classic with a jacket over it, and rock and roll with a pair of skinny jeans... also, you can't tell from the photo but the back is vertical black and grey stripes...

man, you just made it sound so much better... i was hoping it was a vest and not a cardigan. do you know what season it is from?

i'm on the lookout.

Right now I'm seeing the houndstooth print all over the place, in jackets, scarfs, etc.... While it is a classic pattern, I don't think it was ever used that much outside of sport coats (and for good reason).

Exactly, GAP/BR has houndstooth on everything this season. While its a classic pattern, my guts tells me that it'll saturate the market like the Burberry check for a couple seasons.

its just a cardigan that happens to have an extra set of buttons. big deal. i dont see how anyone would look stupid if they wore it a few months from now. or ever.

Then buy it. I don't see why you need our opinions to influence your decision.

Then buy it. I don't see why you need our opinions to influence your decision.

when did i say that i cared about anyone's opinion? i bought that saint augustine academy one the moment i saw it, and still planning on buying more if anyone can suggest some.

Exactly, GAP/BR has houndstooth on everything this season. While its a classic pattern, my guts tells me that it'll saturate the market like the Burberry check for a couple seasons.

not pattern related, but its ironic how you guys are saying this to houndstooth and everyone on this board is jumping on m65s like crazy.

i understand military style will not go out of style but i think its going outta hands. it was hot 2 season ago, i dont see too many people rocking it but every mall store/streetwear label has their own take on one nowadays.