Sign in to follow this  
mike lowrey

suggestion: forum structure

what do you think the new arts etcetera forum should be named?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think the new arts etcetera forum should be named?

• superart
    • superfart
    • superculture
    • superlife
    • superstuff
    • supermisc
    • supersenses
    • supercreative

I was kind of hoping that "supergeneral" would be a misc forum for all other topics, in my opinion thats something we're missing as currently people seem to be posting misc topics around supershopper, blurber, lists and trash.

in my opinion the current structure is a bit confusing at the moment. take for example music, food or art related topics, I think those are something that are usually discussed in a reasonable manner, so they're not trash. theyr'e not about shopping or happenings and I wouldn't like to make a list about them either.

currently (I left out the more obvious sections, market = buy&sell etc):

supershopper is meant for clothing related topics

superblurber for topics about happenings and such

superlists is kind of hard to use since its about top 10 this and that

supertrash for, well, trashy-no-control-go-all-out topics

so basically it leaves no designated place for general discussion topics, and thats why the topics are scattered around all over the forums. so my suggestion would be to re-define the current sections or make a new one.

how I would put it:

superjetset

discussion on locations around the world. travelling to a superfuture city? best hotels, worst airports, good and badshopping zones, shops, restaurants, bars, clubs,
local happenings and events

supershopper

shopping and clothing related discussion for global shoppers. hot brands, new labels, sharp new products, new designers, general gossip...

supermisc

misc. discussion on general topics such as music, food, art, life, movies, television, sports....

superdenim

denim addicts, all about denim...

supermarket

buy and sell anything on the supertalk supermarket smørgasbord... clothes, shoes, animals, aircraft...

superlists

tell the world YOUR top 10 list of... anything... top cities, top shops, top designers, top airline meals, top doorhandles, toilets, toasters, vacuum cleaners...

supertrash

junk threads, flame wars, psycho rants of the superbored and supergay

superofficial
(supergeneral)

rules, how to post, how to link images, random questions, announcements, suggestions, complaints, wish lists, whinging and whining... NOT for general discussion.

so I'd combine blurber with jetset because both focus on local things and at the moment blurber seems to house a lot of misc discussion and the idea of it seems a bit confusing.

anyway this is just an idea that I was thinking about, any thoughts?

superlists should be retired. would not a supertalker start a top 10 sugarcane models in superdenim, or 10 ten shoe stores in supershopper, or whatever? yes.

supermisc is a good idea, but under a different name. maybe supersenses? or superculture? superlife? superstuff?

combining blurber w/ jetset is a stroke of genius, laaaawrey.

yes we are right in the middle of a bit of a reorganization of the forums...

already

1. we consolidated supermaps and superjetset

2. added supergeneral and consolidated it with superproject

we are also about to

1. add a general design/art/music etcetc forum to be called 'superart'

i think adding superblurber to superjetset might work and is quite a good suggestion, though i still think superblurber serves a purpose on its own.

we also agree that superlists is becoming redundant

thanks for the input!

movin on up (movin on up) to the top.....

.... finally got a piece of the pie_doublecrust.jpg

superlists should be retired. would not a supertalker start a top 10 sugarcane models in superdenim, or 10 ten shoe stores in supershopper, or whatever? yes.

supermisc is a good idea, but under a different name. maybe supersenses? or superculture? superlife? superstuff?

combining blurber w/ jetset is a stroke of genius, laaaawrey.

I agree

superlife would definately be a cool name for the general chitchat

"SuperArt" is a horrible, horrible name.

I think 'SuperCulture' is the way to go. It just sounds better, and

encompasses all of the of the general topics that should be discussed there.

"SuperArt" is a horrible, horrible name.

I think 'SuperCulture' is the way to go. It just sounds better, and

encompasses all of the of the general topics that should be discussed there.

No.

If you call it "culture" then religion and politics will become involved.

The forum is going to be about art. Photography, music, painting, sculpture, architecture, graffitti, cinema, etc.

No.

The forum is going to be about art. Photography, music, painting, sculpture, architecture, graffitti, cinema, etc.

but where do I post a topic about food, literature, television, movies, sports etc? (well movies are art for some but entertainment to me)

thats why I though superlife would be nice, most of these relate to everyday life :)

but where do I post a topic about food, literature, television, movies, sports etc?

All of those will be included in SuperArt.

Except sports, but i think i can count the number of sports related topics ive seen on this board on one hand...and ive probably started at least one of the topics. So sports can go into supertrash if you absolutely must start a thread.

yea, but why call it art if theres other general discussion too..

I mean its of course up to wayne and folks who decide on the things, but thats just how I see it

No.

I see your point, but there are things that I think merit discussion here on SF

that aren't necessarily artistic in nature, but shape/influence or are shaped/influenced

by fashion, style, travel, etc.

Also, I don't see fit to consider what the forum is named as a sign of what would end up being posted there. Everyone knows that political and religious threads are a no-go, so why worry?

Really, I'm just against the name SuperArt. Say it out loud, come on, it sounds baaaaad.

Superculture, Superlife, Superaesthetic... anyone else have a bright idea?

Because "Art" can encompass all things mentioned.

not to me weirdo :P

Superculture, Superlife, Superaesthetic... anyone else have a bright idea?

How about...Superart? Yeah, that sounds good.

Im pretty sure thats the final decision.

umm ok if you say so :confused:

just making suggestions on what seems sensible to me, calling a general discussion forum art doesn't, but that could just be me :)

But its not gonna be a "general discussion" forum. It's going be concentrated on "art"

If you want general discussion there is always supertrash

well, as we can see when looking around the forums, general discussion is currently scattered across shopper, blurber, lists and trash. so people obviously don't take it automatically to trash.

I wouldn't like to discuss general topics in trash either because threads usually go off-topic and end up full of funny pictures. not saying theres anything wrong with that, thats pretty much what makes the section, but its obviously not the most suitable way to actually discuss anything - as I mentioned in my original post.

this makes sense, no?

I'm making these suggestions just because I think the forum can be improved. I'm not saying that this is the only right way but since this forum is for suggestions..

well, as we can see when looking around the forums, general discussion is currently scattered across shopper, blurber, lists and trash. so people obviously don't take it automatically to trash.

I wouldn't like to discuss general topics in trash either because threads usually go off-topic and end up full of funny pictures. not saying theres anything wrong with that, that pretty much make the section, but its obviously not the most suitable way to actually discuss anything - as I mentioned in my original post.

this makes sense, no?

I'm making these suggestions just because I think the forum can be improved.

Makes good sense.

I just think superart needs to be "art" and thats it.

i think that we need two new threads. Superart and Superlife. The two coule encompass all the things that we need in new threads. We need to get rid of super lists.....i only think i have clicked on that thread like once and it was over a year ago. Oh and blurber.....i guess people use that...

btw....carl whats up with the future sex love songs?

hahahhaha

i can smell a poll...

^haha

I actually like superstuff too!

hmm.. I really think that improving the forum definitions would be a good thing. now even supergeneral is getting random topics, I assumed it was for superfuture and forum related issues..? I'd change the name to superofficial, sound more.. umm.. official? "general" just calls for random chat.

that's a great suggestion

for balance, here are some lousy ones:

change supershopper to superstyles

change superdenim to supermutability to account for "shoes that look better w/ age" and to include "evolution of leather goods"

change supermarket to superconsumption

change supertrash to supermotherfuckingtrash

keep supermaps as is

destroy all else