Omnigod denim??

hamham3001

it's a little difficult to explain, but if you can imagine in photoshop, if you started adjusting your blue more to the reddish side as opposed to the yellowish side while you're in the cmyk mode.

i'll try to explain it another way. in paint:

blue + red = purple

blue + yellow = green

if you look closely, some blues are more purplish, and some are more greenish. even though my omnigods are far from being greenish, compared to my eternals, they are just few shades.

(just as a side example, i think some of the natural indigo sugar canes are quite greenish looking.)

the depth of the dyework is different. that is more about saturation (how dark/deep the color is) as opposed to hue (color, like purplish or greenish).

and how do you come about with a almost-new pair of eternals?

superfuture :D

i'm going to try to do a little demo. the color representations can't be accurate because of the web factor, but hopefully you'll get a gist of it.

here are two examples of blue.

c = cyan, m = magenta, y = yellow, k= black

notice the amount of magenta is higher in the one on the left. yellow is higher in the one on the right.

c80m75.gifc90m50y17.gif

now, this is what happens to them when you make them lighter in shades.

c37m28.gifc49m14y12.gif

which is different from making them less saturated.

c76m64y20.gifc85m55y74k19.gif

people often confuse brighter with lighter. brighter means more saturated, lighter means less dark. i know this is a bit confusing, but when you're talking about colors, you have to know three things:

hue

saturation

lightness/darkness

• 2 months later...

i'm bumping this thread because TAKASHI posted his friend J's omnigods. although this model (5010-a1) is no longer in production, the denim seems similar to the ones that are available now. TAKASHI also mentions about the greenish hue omnigods have. this pair has a three-year wear in them:

http://denim-gallery.heavy.jp/other-denim-collection/omnigod-5010aw.html

:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

my 50052 is making a slow progress. i think the denim is pretty stubborn, but compounded by the cold winter in new york, i haven't been walking around as much as i usually would, too. (when it got really cold, i was also wearing my eternals.)

my guess is that i'd be able to post some updates around the end of summer.

but the denim is yellow-greenish for sure. i think the indigo is on the greenish side to begin with, but also the weft is yellow. i bet you that's why you're not seeing a very dramatic contrast in the faded pairs as you would with white wefts.

• 1 month later...

iirc, i got these at the end of november last year. my estimate's about 4 1/2 months of wear, since i switched over to my eternals during the coldest part of the winter.

perhaps it was because i'm less active during the winter months, but they definitely feel like one of the more stubborn denim i have. i feel like they finally hit a point about two weeks ago where they started to show some noticeable fades.

just as a refresher, before:

IMG_0692a.jpg

thanks guys. i'm happy with how they're coming along.

tyro, i have it posted in the previous page, but the length is just a tad over 32 inches.

ddml, i do have an idea to what constitutes to tight honeycombs (tighter the knees, the tighter the honeycombs). but i have no idea as to what constitutes to tall honeycombs. that's an interesting observation and i'd like to know why, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hmm, i haven't been wearing mine in a while because of the combination of little wear in the backpockets and switching to the contest jeans. i'm still planning on getting the pockets patched up and wearing them after the contest is over. but that's still almost another year away...

• 4 weeks later...