Ande Whall Denim V3

andewhall

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing work Ande !

May I ask what style jean shank and rivet are you using ? size ?color ? with or w/o logos ? also what size diameter is your kick press ?

Reason in asking is, I have few dies sets laying around that I can let go. Also if you need any help with hardware suppliers. I have connections at Scovill and YKK if ever needed. I'd be happy to support the cause..

Chicken..if your reading...i got you on those Levis rivets. Hit you back later this week.

Sean

Few pix

I have few black leather pockets if interested (about 3 pairs) via Medike in Canada. Die sets for 22L and 27 line shanks. One Rivet die is for washer style rivets 17L washer. The other I believe is for the nipple style. Also few Chain samples ( I have 4 sets of Nickel left) and few shank samples from Scovill and Ching Fung in HK. If your interested, shoot me PM..I'd let all go for nothing since it's going toward good cause. All this stuff is just extras from a previous life :D

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

Keep up the great work !

Hey Sean!

Wicked man, you have the hook-ups! :D The whole hardware business has been kinda stressful and still is, have been pulling my hair out hitting so many stumbling blocks along the way.

I have purchased plain antique gold finish 27L tack buttons for the waist, 22L for the button fly and a kind of nipple looking burr with a tubular rivet (thats what is says on the invoice), all from Coats Industrial. The plan was to use the plain hardware for six months or so untill I raised enough cash to get some copper donut buttons/burrs with all the logos embossed on them etc.

I finally got the hand press machine on friday from a leather wholesaler, checked to see if the dies fit ok first. Also got 2 of the dies from Coats, 2 more are coming tomorrow. The only die that is not in stock and has to get made is the one for the Burr? And the guy is unsure of delivery, arrrggg.:mad:

The round metal bit on the die that slides into the machine measures approx 9mm across. The nipple Burrs measure approx 9mm across. Wicked man, I'll shoot you a PM, this a good update anyway. Looks like you have some cool stuff, chains and leather, dies, hardware! Here are some pic's of the hand press, dies and hardware I have so far:

Nice set up...

Well since your getting your die sets in, let me know if you need new style rivets and shanks. Now that I know your set up, I can send you images of different finishes and different designs of shanks that will work with the exsisting die sets you own. I handle all the branding & trims for a major denim mfg. in NY and would be happy to use some of my resources to help you out. Is Coats where your getting your thread at too ? Dual Duty poly core spun ?

My only advice to you is I can say from experience, if your back patch is untreated veg leather...the shrinkage will be insane. I love that leather and know it well. It wears well with natural oils, but water and heat..kill it. You might want to look into another skin down the line. Are you box stitching it ? or top and bottom ? Tex size of thread ? Bro I am seriously here to help so if you want to PM me, I can show you the same skins Levis uses now as well as few other popular brands.

Damn, you sound like a good guy to know.

that's what I hear :cool:

Brohams shit is impressive, can't help wanting to help the little guy (figure of speech). Plus Karma is under-rated, so what the hell.....

Just Remember, it is all in the details and craftsmanship. You see I work for a major, and it's just about the bottom line at the end of the day. If I can work with design and push the envelope with the darn .02-.15 cents they give me for trims, I can walk away with a sense of pride. But when I see that someone is doing it...to do it (mind you with little to no budget).... I can't help but admire that shit.

supreme x ande whall tee

thumb.jpg

Hahahahaha.....classic coldrice!

TruestoryT, when I get some time I am going to have a good search around for some black denim that is on par with the indigo. Maybe a while though:D

Hey guys, have been getting really pissed off by the delayed delivery on the last burr die for attaching the rivets......so for the last two days I have been hand making a die from steel, with some help from an engineer friend. Hope to finish it today, so will update as soon as poss!

Mr. Lowrey I have quite a few people interested in Black Denim. I can still get black denim from my old supplier, its slightly lighter approx 14oz as opposed to 14.5. I have just washed my 6 month old blacks, nice mellow combs coming out. I washed them 4 times in 6 months, 4 washes was prob to many times. Will post pic's this afternoon.

Thanks guys. I hope to have it finished today and test it out, it should be better than the actual one. Its a bit of a NZ thing making your own stuff as we have always been so far away from everything else in the world, ask Hap and Tg. I think we have one of the highest small business operators per capita, also internet users etc. As a small country we get used to test out crazy stuff as well, to see if it works. Eftpos transactions (bankcards, punch your number in at the shop, blah blah) was tested out here....no one ever has cash