Kato denim

Neilfuji

Finally an update!

These are 4, almost 5 months old and has been worn religiously.

Washed once at the 3 month mark.

Sorry for the shitty lightning. The Colour is best in the first picture.

Front:

DSCF0732.jpg

Back:

DSCF0735-1.jpg

And a bonus crotch-shot. The colour here is a bit fucked, but you can see the fading quite a bit better.

DSCF0734.jpg

These have been through it all, from beer to whipped cream.

Edit: Actually i redecided. The colour on all the pictures is great. I rule!

I'm extremely boring when it comes to colouring my clothes.

I've been doing a "blue jeans, white top, khaki/armygreen jacket, brown shoes" for quite some time now, which is why i want that jacket.

The problem is ofc that i don't have any brown boots/shoes. Someone buy my jomons so i can afford some MOTOs!

Like the uniforms guys - was out in my

M-65 last night, with

Kato bucklebacks

ancient, black Ben Davis shirt, white Goodwear T (I like to keep warm)

and ...New Balance trainers (!*?)

anyway, chitchat aside, just ordered a Fishermans shirt so I'll post pics when it arrives...

hello

just read in 'senken shimbun' that Kato (team kit) has been sold to CaiTec a large trading company who have a history of breaking up small companies and 'franchising' the name off into the mass market

has anyone else heard this? or can help with infomation on how to get hold of them, before they become to main street?

RAC

• 2 weeks later...
Guy also made a user on avatar. The only posts he has made has been to say that.

Drill to the temple?

hello,

sorry, what does 'drill to the temple' mean?

I've read your posts and see you are a fan of Kato' I'm just trying to get some more information on the sale, see if anyone on here had read anything, maybe throw it open a bit more......

hello Opie,

didn't say it was going to shit, I said it's been sold to a company that has a history of doing just that.

I see from your posts that you're a fan of Kato, I am too the EU collections were very good more focused and carried the best parts of the both Kato's ranges, but in the clothing industry the time scale on a brand is governed by there money making and position in there 'home' market, Kato' in Japan is a very different product that out side, it's market is different and it's place in the home view is not as 'high' as it is outside.

one of the first things trading companies do is take control of the whole market the EU company almost certainly would have been another company only connected to the Japanese company by contract or relationship, the EU site has been down at least since Jan, they have a holding page saying as much, I do know how caitec work, but they would either employ or destroy the other EU/US companies, clearing out the market for they own expansion and then flood the product out to create a home market explosion.

or

clean out all external issues and focus solely on the home market as a way to make back they investment as quickly as possible.

Both are done in many way, nearly always at the cost of quality, product and heart, a small company is driven by heart a bigger company by accountants.

This is what I do...sadly, not as heartless but advise bigger companies what would be a good purchase for them to increase there profile and profits.

RAC

Hello again Kato fans,

I am looking to pick up a pair of the one-wash slim straights that are tagged 32W. The guy selling them says the actual waist is 34", but I have seen them listed as 33". My best fitting jeans with the same rise have stretched to ~35" waist. I know that Katos stretch a fair amount, so do you think I should go with these, or size way down to a 30W? Mind you, I typically don't wear jeans very tight. Otherwise, superdenim.co.uk's measurements for a 32W look great.

Thanks in advance.

Bah. I realized I asked the exact same question a few months ago. Basically, I am wondering if allowing for only one inch of stretch is enough. I am ok with a relaxed fit, but I just don't want them falling off my ass.

hello Opie,

didn't say it was going to shit, I said it's been sold to a company that has a history of doing just that.

I see from your posts that you're a fan of Kato, I am too the EU collections were very good more focused and carried the best parts of the both Kato's ranges, but in the clothing industry the time scale on a brand is governed by there money making and position in there 'home' market, Kato' in Japan is a very different product that out side, it's market is different and it's place in the home view is not as 'high' as it is outside.

one of the first things trading companies do is take control of the whole market the EU company almost certainly would have been another company only connected to the Japanese company by contract or relationship, the EU site has been down at least since Jan, they have a holding page saying as much, I do know how caitec work, but they would either employ or destroy the other EU/US companies, clearing out the market for they own expansion and then flood the product out to create a home market explosion.

or

clean out all external issues and focus solely on the home market as a way to make back they investment as quickly as possible.

Both are done in many way, nearly always at the cost of quality, product and heart, a small company is driven by heart a bigger company by accountants.

This is what I do...sadly, not as heartless but advise bigger companies what would be a good purchase for them to increase there profile and profits.

RAC

Still sounds sad as shit if you ask me.

Just hoping we can keep a very nice brand around. Hell, i'd rather see it gone completely instead of it turning into a euro Evisu stylebrand.

I don't know what you mean about the japanese kato division being inferior to the EU/US one. The collection shown on their japanese website is beautiful :confused:

And now for something completely different:

I'll have 6 month and 2 wash pictures up in a week or so. They are coming along beautifully!

Cheers, opie. Would you say your bucklebacks stretched much more than an inch in the waist? Too bad they don't make a 31- it would be perfect. I would need a pair of 30s to stretch nearly 3 inches.