Kato denim

Neilfuji

So i thought to myself "I'll upload some pictures of my new Katos".

Then i thought to myself "Let's make the pictures so big and detailed that nobody can load the page"

Then stopped thinking and went on with the idea:

The front!

100_4185.jpg

The (buckle)back!

100_4188.jpg

The red papertag! Lawsuit my ass! Just make it out of paper and call it a tag!

100_4189.jpg

Waistband tag and a warning that i take very seriously!

100_4191.jpg

Selvedge!

100_4190.jpg

It's not only the selvedge on these that makes me think of 45rpm.

100_4192.jpg

And a nice relaxed fit!

100_4201.jpg

My ass in a nice relaxed fit!

100_4202.jpg

Overall the feel of teh denim and the colour, together with all the small details looks like something 45rpm could have designed if they got of the of the high bohemian horse and startet having fun!

what is the inseam on Kato?

Cheers

The inseam on these are said on superdenim to be 35. I would like to get them hemmed to a size 33/32,5. On that account, does anyone knows if take5 does chainstitching?

The design reminds me of what Kapital would do more than 45RPM. The selvedge line for example is identical.

Good purchase, I'm curious to see how they fade.

Hah, weird. The selvedge line was the first thing that reminded me of 45rpm.

They fade fast. I'll dig up some old pics of my Katos, don't think I have more than 6 months wear on them and they're quite faded. They've been out of rotation recently, but they're super nice, dunno why I haven't been wearing them.

I hope they fade, even though it would be quite weird. Hankdyed jeans that fade fast?

Wow they're really nice, especially since they've had quite a few washes. I have the same model as you but mine seem to be sized wrongly being about 2 sizes bigger than tagged (that's before stretching).

I was worried about washing mine to often (they stretch so much between washes) but looking at yours has made me more confident about giving mine a nice hot wash to try and get them to shrink a little. What temperature have your washes been at?

• 2 weeks later...
anybody have a pair of the slim straight red cast denim,sounds really interesting

Yes they are my favourite jeans right now really amazing denim. The picture above in this thread is a pair of these jeans (fairly washed though).

They come two sizes bigger than tagged which I didn't know before I got them so I just wear them baggy for a workwear look which IMO looks great on these jeans. I have the namba wash which is basically a pre-faded model but they are faded really well so I am just continuing the process.

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/kat0003nam

?

Hah, weird. The selvage line was the first thing that reminded me of 45rpm.

Kato is the 'clothing side of a small looming company, we used to make denim for 45rpm, until they move there production to a larger looming house.........

I hope they fade, even though it would be quite weird. Hankdyed jeans that fade fast?

because we use a totally natural locking process(steam box) and an 100% organic cotton the cloth does aged, in the first stages, quicker than a more industry process, but we pride ourselves that Kato ages with the way you wear it, it depends on the washing and the cleaning process used.

Neil

• 1 month later...

Hello Kato fans,

I am thinking about picking up a pair of Katos which measure a 34" actual waist with a 10" rise. These measurements are identical to my best fitting pair of jeans after being broken in. Should I be worried about the Katos stretching ever larger, or is that silly of me to think since my other jeans stretch to that size?

Opie-

I was thinking of picking up the red cast slim straights, but they're too similar to another pair of jeans I already own. At this point, I think I'm leaning towards a pair of the bucklebacks sized down to 30W. Have you been happy with yours? The denim looks interesting. Are they also red cast?

Hi zissou,

like Opie, I've got a pair of the bucklebacks. The 34"W are, as he says, a very generous cut. Mine are more like a 35/36 W.

I did try a 32" but they were just too small in the waist - measuring, BIG style, about 31".

The denim is really fine quality and the hand finishing and attention to detail is really great.

So you're saying the 34's fit larger than tagged, but the 32's fit smaller than tagged? That's odd. I don't recall these coming in odd waist sizes, only even, right?

Mine is a pair of 28, which should measure 29, which again is my usual size.

Even with the buckleback tighten all the way, they are still a bit too loose and i'm therefore probably buying a belt for them.

Then again, it probably has something to do with your amount of ass.

The denim is extremely nice. My favorite after my jomons atm.

The little fading i have (21 days and counting) suggests greencast.