Denim in Singapore

tweeds

speaking of skulls, my 5010xx 6x6 back pocket stitching is ripping from wallet buldge. i remember reading about some denim doctor here in SG (in FEP?) way early back in this thread, but does anyone have the contact? What's your experience with them. Thanks.

i just returned from Tokyo and man these japanese guys are ballas. Fashion know-how + an average temperature of 16 degrees celcius = tasteful layering. alot of the clothes they wear in shibuya & aoyama are pretty next-level : LUC, n(n), damir doma, Y's, etc etc.

its so hot i could get 2 color tones and all the perfume gets washed away with all that sweat

• 2 weeks later...

do you mean doctor john from lucky plaza? i wouldn't go to him - theres an interminably long wait list (months to get a job done) and the workmanship ,i hear, can get shoddy. anyway, since its a stitching problem (the pockets didn't rip apart i hope) , it shouldn't be too difficult to resolve, you can try Tet Tailors at Peninsula Shopping centre lvl 2.

speaking of skulls, my 5010xx 6x6 back pocket stitching is ripping from wallet buldge. i remember reading about some denim doctor here in SG (in FEP?) way early back in this thread, but does anyone have the contact? What's your experience with them. Thanks.

from jakarta, not too far.. i got a few indonesian friends over there, but i still need to know some good locals such as you gentlemen right here

i already bought tickets for 7th july

@salo: i dont care how it goes, i just wear it everyday and have it washed when it gets smelly, lol

@defiance: not for good, 7 years or 8 years maybe

do you mean doctor john from lucky plaza? i wouldn't go to him - theres an interminably long wait list (months to get a job done) and the workmanship ,i hear, can get shoddy. anyway, since its a stitching problem (the pockets didn't rip apart i hope) , it shouldn't be too difficult to resolve, you can try Tet Tailors at Peninsula Shopping centre lvl 2.

Thanks. only slight tear at the pocket stitching, got it fixed at Clancy instead.

from jakarta, not too far.. i got a few indonesian friends over there, but i still need to know some good locals such as you gentlemen right here

i already bought tickets for 7th july

@salo: i dont care how it goes, i just wear it everyday and have it washed when it gets smelly, lol

@defiance: not for good, 7 years or 8 years maybe

Since we both came from the same country..

brace yourself, lotsa people here loves to "style-checked" or "brand-checked" you, especially shop assistant from high-end label store :D

its true, retail assistants generally determine if you're a serious buyer from the way you dress - whether their stocks fit into a person's aesthetics (or lack of) and whether their pricepoint matches your budget.

it could be a consequence of our window-shopping habits, just desensitizes them to potential customers i guess.

Since we both came from the same country..

brace yourself, lotsa people here loves to "style-checked" or "brand-checked" you, especially shop assistant from high-end label store :D

agreed with deusvalor, been going to singapore regularly for the past 10 years, many a time kids will just stare at you from top to bottom but i'll have to say that the service of most retail outlets have improved a lot over the years.

sucks that Queen's Couture don't bring in Sugar Cane anymore. =(

its true, retail assistants generally determine if you're a serious buyer from the way you dress - whether their stocks fit into a person's aesthetics (or lack of) and whether their pricepoint matches your budget.

it could be a consequence of our window-shopping habits, just desensitizes them to potential customers i guess.

as for those clerks, they do that alot too here in indonesia. and i dont shop in those shop whose clerks does that

cant wait, less than 2 months away.. anybody here lives near the bugis area, i got a place there until the end of the year (quite expensive imo)

Singapore has become a very high cost living place. It's so expensive there. There are some cool fashion brands namely woods&woods, Revoltage, Volta, surrender....etc. I think Revoltage even style-up rock bands like switchfoot, Manic street preachers, motley crue, prodigy..more... for their live concerts.