Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Maybe last year but this year they werent anywhere 505 off. I think 30 to 40% off at the most. 400 sgd? Dont think its that cheap especially those fancy ones.

but i remembered reading in some recent edition of.. milk mag or something? that dh was retailing at a very cheap rate.

i can't know which magazine but they did feature dior homme in that edition with all the retail prices of their denims and all. i remembered seeing dior raws at 350-400sgd? normal black waxed denim are at a higher range of 500+sgd.

i'll dig that issue out again and perhaps take some photos to show u guys..

thats why i'd rather save some cash and fly to hk straight rather than to pay another 200-300sgd more to resellers when i can actually fly there. budget air is cheap.. costs only about 400+ (to and fro air tickets + hotel) to get there..

whats more is that if i fly there myself, besides getting dh, there are much more than that, I.T. sale shops... cheap steals... together with hk food ( &krespy kreme :D ) and culture to enjoy too...

but i remembered reading in some recent edition of.. milk mag or something? that dh was retailing at a very cheap rate.

i can't know which magazine but they did feature dior homme in that edition with all the retail prices of their denims and all. i remembered seeing dior raws at 350-400sgd? normal black waxed denim are at a higher range of 500+sgd.

i'll dig that issue out again and perhaps take some photos to show u guys..

thats why i'd rather save some cash and fly to hk straight rather than to pay another 200-300sgd more to resellers when i can actually fly there. budget air is cheap.. costs only about 400+ (to and fro air tickets + hotel) to get there..

whats more is that if i fly there myself, besides getting dh, there are much more than that, I.T. sale shops... cheap steals... together with hk food ( &krespy kreme :D ) and culture to enjoy too...

1. You need to check with some earlier posts here about shopping in HK. I was informed and I have corroborated that DH dont offer 50% discount in the DH stand alone boutique in Canton Road or in Joyce which sells DH, now.

They may have, but not now.

2. I dont know whether the prices you have stated are current or at 50% discount. If it floats your boat, hey, by all means get it.

3. I think by resellers you mean Club 21. They dont have that many DH jeans anyway and those they have ie. indigo staples are not on sale. I think they do go 50% on their other DH clothes or maybe not. I will let you know when I visit their sale on Friday. I dont know of any other people who bear DH stuff, mark it up and sell it. If you want cheap DH stuff, you can always try the Net.

4. Let me share a few lessons learnt shopping in HK:

a. Sale time in HK, the air tickets would be a bit high. 400 plus plus. Hotel can be 60 to 100 per night depending on the hotel.

b. Sale time in HK, the selection may not be what you want. So if you want a specific model ie. size 28 New Emperor Penguin overdyed waxed 17 cm indigo denim and you are not willing to budge, you wont find it unless you like odd stuff.

c. You would never recoup what you spent on hotel and air ticket via savings in shopping unless you buy a few trunks of discounted handbags like Gucci or Prada.

d. Krispy Kremes? Haha! Ate it a few times. Nothing great and dont justify buying a few dozen back home to Singapore like many tend to do.

The current Singaporean obsession with doughnuts is fucking crazy.

If donuts are such a staple in Singapore, Dunkin Donuts wont go bust.

I se queues at these donut joints and people buying 1 to 2 dozen but the shit taste just like any donuts I have eaten before except for new twist on fillings.

It's the next bubble tea, hello kitty, luohans, coffee bun and whatever else. Can anyone say market saturation?

If you are talking about food fads, bubble tea is deader than dead.

I remember lining up for it and having a loyalty card stamped. Which is useless since the branch went bust. Coffee buns? Never tried it and was not rampant.

two "new" stores at Haji lane

Birdbrain 20. hajilane

they have some photo print tees from several jap labels that are also in zozo. not sure of the price etc. lots of stuff in this store though, kinda messy

Zionattic (2nd level of Niche) 34 hajilane

streetwear - limited kid robot hoods, vans & more as well

check it out.

do they have vans low pressure? or any stores in singapore stock em?