Denim in Singapore

tweeds

u brought it at QC? what size u brought and whats your actualsize? i had try it once before but its kinda too slim for me:( but i really like the quality of the denim. personally i think that its not suitable wearing to work...as u said u were working at warehouse and i think it sure sweat alot when wearing them...the denim was 14.5oz if im not wrong:rolleyes: anyway, happy breaking!!

Yeah i got the skulls at QC. I'm a size 30 and i bought true to size.

Sweat and stale air is really what makes all the clothes i wear to work stink like hell in a matter of hours, which is why i'm not sure i should wear my skulls to work, even though the constant moving about seems like a great way to wear the denim in.

Anyway, after reading through this thread, im most probably going to get my skulls hemmed at Clancys this weekend. Then i can start wearing my skulls in. Can't wait!

Hello, i just got a pair of raw 5010xx 6x6 skulls today, my virgin pair of raw and selvedge denim, so yeah, denim newb here.

Can't wait to start wearing the skulls in but have to get the length altered first. Any places to recommend to get the jeans altered? Price is no object, just want a place that'll do a damn good job.

I also plan to wear this pair to work, i work in a warehouse job, a lot of moving about, bending, stretching, etc etc and i figure out that's the probably the best way to break in this pair as quickly as possibly.

But the flipside is that it's really dirty and smelly at my workplace. eg, my levis 505s start smelling like dog's sweat and relish after just 2 weeks, and this is coming from a TOTAL SLOB. So should i or should i not wear the skulls to my workplace????

dude, just wash them whenever you feel there's a need to.. don't be so bothered by the "wash after the 6mths" rule in here.. those are jeans anyway, meant to be trashed, raped or whatever.. wonder if anyone in here had stumbled upon the thread where this Japanese dude wash his sugarcane jeans on a monthly basis and still managed to attain beautiful fades and all..

i think it depends on how hard your jeans are being worn, the harder you wear them, the more friction it creates thus creating more loss in indigo. so you're able to wash them without worries, if you're just walking around, i don't think the creases would be that settled in as compared to riding a bicycle, so a longer wait for wash is much better.

Sweat and stale air is really what makes all the clothes i wear to work stink like hell in a matter of hours, which is why i'm not sure i should wear my skulls to work, even though the constant moving about seems like a great way to wear the denim in.

Anyway, after reading through this thread, im most probably going to get my skulls hemmed at Clancys this weekend. Then i can start wearing my skulls in. Can't wait!

Can do what i do with my raws, Flip em inside out and hang em to sun and air. You could febreeze em too but i've yet to find the need for that for mine.

Cool dude! i had try the sz 30 skull before and i really like the denim, but its really long for me. do u know the length of your skull?? anyway i think the most important things that u feel happy wearing your jeans. if u feel happy wearing to work just go for it !! dont mind post some pic of u wearing it will be cool:D

calling all Skulls aficionados....

was at QC recently to get a pair of 5010XX raws and saw that they had a black version of the 5010XX, not the black denim but its in a kind of stretchy material, I was told its not denim and its much lighter. Tried them on and the cut is slimmer than the raw 5010XX all round, low rise. It had the red tab in white and the instead of the standard black and red leather patch its black and white, looks really cool.

Anyone owns these and how's the fit like after several wears? Apparently it stays pretty much in shape too. Comments, opinions?

calling all Skulls aficionados....

was at QC recently to get a pair of 5010XX raws and saw that they had a black version of the 5010XX, not the black denim but its in a kind of stretchy material, I was told its not denim and its much lighter. Tried them on and the cut is slimmer than the raw 5010XX all round, low rise. It had the red tab in white and the instead of the standard black and red leather patch its black and white, looks really cool.

Anyone owns these and how's the fit like after several wears? Apparently it stays pretty much in shape too. Comments, opinions?

i had seen that at QCbut didnt try it:o

anybody know whats the length of skull 5010xx 6x6? how about those at QC?

since this is a sg thread, i think it should be appro. to ask my questions here.

where can i get some decent quality and not so pricey formal wear (incl. Shoes) in SG(besides G2000)? Any particular brand/s you guys can recommend? Best if can provide the location too.. 1 more question, where to get nice chinos here (need it for work)?

Just realized that my wardrobe has Tees and Jeans only, not a single formal wear!!! (haha...)

Anyhow, need to get all these before Tues..ARgh... Thank you and appreciate your help!

well. bata has seriously nice oxford and suede shoes those like visvim. and getting formal wear i say dress shirts anywhere is a no because either the fit isn't good or the collars ain't good or it's too wide or too long. or the material doens't match with the expensive price. i'm into band of outsiders. apc. woods & woods or the projectshop brother's shirt fitting. the quality is awesome i must say. double collars, mandarin collars, patched on, cut and sew shirts, mix-match design shirt are the real thing.

finally stumbled onto a nice informative thread on denims in singapore..:D

guys, anywhere in sillypore to find AA tees?

CHEERS

level 2 in far east plaza. stocks AA. probably the only shop.

Hahahaha! How could you discredit our delicious local treat, the char sew pao. That guy's left leg looks broken :eek:
Hmm. Not that common to see DH jeans in Singapore. He may even be a member of Superfuture!

His fit is OK. He aint exacty fat and unless you are reed thin, DH jeans would look like that on a normal person. It looks like that on me, except it is more erm 'shapelier' on me.

oh man. he's spoiling the whole image of how skinny people of dior homme people should be. shame on it! but who cares. he's not trying hard to be skinny anyway, he's wearing loose fit at least, not skin tight but still fat jeans.

is the person on the left wearing imperials? indigo rinsed wash? or what do u call that?

Anyone knows where they stock red cheap monday tights or red colordrives? I don't recall seeing red last time I was at Queen's Couture.

get em online! cheaperrr

oh man. he's spoiling the whole image of how skinny people of dior homme people should be. shame on it! but who cares. he's not trying hard to be skinny anyway, he's wearing loose fit at least, not skin tight but still fat jeans.

is the person on the left wearing imperials? indigo rinsed wash? or what do u call that?

agree with beast on how rare dior jeans are in singapore.

i am more surprised than anything to see people wearing dior homme anything in singapore, knowing how much fashion means to singaporeans.

somehow, the environment just doesnt encourage; so you wear a top to toe raf simons/ margiela/ thom browne/ dior etconly to have someone beside you wearing cheap or imitation stuff, all's fine if they look stylish and all, but they usually dont.

i am more surprised than anything to see people wearing dior homme anything in singapore, knowing how much fashion means to singaporeans.

somehow, the environment just doesnt encourage; so you wear a top to toe raf simons/ margiela/ thom browne/ dior etc only to have someone beside you wearing cheap or imitation stuff, all's fine if they look stylish and all, but they usually dont.

i see people in dior homme almost on a daily basis - not so much of their denim, but just about everything else

has anyone been to billet doux recently? anyone picking up on their flat heads? whizkit's told me their womenswear buying is pretty decent but i can't really be arsed to go down to haji lane in the day.

was wondering the same thing...im too lazy to go anywhere near haji lane; I called the store, but they didnt pick up.

i see people in dior homme almost on a daily basis - not so much of their denim, but just about everything else

Where in Singapore do you see people wear DH on a daily basis?

I hardly see people where DH Ts or normal shirts with the double stitch at the back unless you count me but I dont wear DH all the time & I dont have a wardrobe stocked full of DH apparel anyway.

somehow, the environment just doesnt encourage; so you wear a top to toe raf simons/ margiela/ thom browne/ dior etconly to have someone beside you wearing cheap or imitation stuff, all's fine if they look stylish and all, but they usually dont.

Hmm, what do you mean? You mean many people wear fakes?

The fakes I usually see are the D&G, womens Dior and LV sort and in aeons past, Versaces and MCM. I usually dont don clothes with flashy logos. Even if they have, its highly unlikely the masses will know the difference between Margiela and Dior Homme. So you can don your full Raf ensemble and no one will be the wiser except another Raf fan.

In fact, I see the masses love mid level brands like CK, DKNY and AX. I recall in this years' Club 21 Bazaar Sale, those brands were jam packed with people grabbing stacks of these stuff like its the bargain of the century. The same people who gave Emporio Armani and other brands a miss.

I can never fathom why these people spend so much on these brands, which like Guess of yesteryear, can be purchased from USA quite cheaply and commonly. Plus these are usually made in Asia stuff and no way Ms Karan and Messrs Klein and Armani designed any of it.

plongin let's go and check out billet doux one of these days. smash & grab

don't even think of snatching my size :mad:

Where in Singapore do you see people wear DH on a daily basis?

I hardly see people where DH Ts or normal shirts with the double stitch at the back unless you count me but I dont wear DH all the time & I dont have a wardrobe stocked full of DH apparel anyway.

in paragon, and only cuz i'm working there currently.

not so much of DH shirts, but just about everything else... of course, i'm counting tourists too but then again it isn't a lot.

don't even think of snatching my size :mad:

in paragon, and only cuz i'm working there currently.

not so much of DH shirts, but just about everything else... of course, i'm counting tourists too but then again it isn't a lot.

where in paragon do u work at?

anyway apc's retails at 260sgd in frontrow right? they don't stock blacks? those black ns are hottttt...

Just to let youz all know, we were'nt doing the Julian Red as part of our sale initially but we are now. Sorry for the confusion.

So if you guys haven't got a pair yet, now would be a good time. It's 30% off in store only. We got the Calis, Hobokens, Detroits.

Refer to the Julian Red thread on this thing for more info. For the international kids, you are all eligible for Free shipping and not the 30% off.

We're at 51 Haji Lane. Remember push the door, and put some muscle in it!

Out.