Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Just a note. Since we are supposedly denim heads... buying denim, especially selvedge, from 'non' denim based companies as opposed to getting denim from specialty brands like nudies, levis, pureblue, etc

How do you feel about that?

Can compare with luxury watch industry? eg. IWC Vs Louis Vuitton timepieces?

i dont care about the brand, i just buy the denim that feels good, smells good [ nothing beats smelling fresh raw denim mmmmhmm...] , fits good, and looks good.

i dont think being a denimhead shouldnt have anything to do with limiting ourselves to certain brands or specialized brands, on the contrary, i feel excited to try out different denim.

it should be our own decision and budget that decides which pair of jeans to get... but me and paen was just talking about this the other day.

interesting point...

Just a note. Since we are supposedly denim heads... buying denim, especially selvedge, from 'non' denim based companies as opposed to getting denim from specialty brands like nudies, levis, pureblue, etc

How do you feel about that?

Can compare with luxury watch industry? eg. IWC Vs Louis Vuitton timepieces?

im not a denimhead. :mad:

can i like uniqlo denim nao?

(10)

Hey no worries. u don't need permission to like or don;t like anything.

just wondering wat people thought about this.

why i ask is because people tell me not to buy Montblanc or LV watch. Should buy from watchmaker type of brand cos theirs is in-house movement blah blah blah...

Just wondering if uniqlo's ability to get a price point and quality balance so right will spell the end of small high end (i.e high price) denim makers cos the product differentiation will be very little.

just thinking aloud

FYI i have many many uniqlo stuff. even used to sell them.

Hey no worries. u don't need permission to like or don;t like anything.

just wondering wat people thought about this.

why i ask is because people tell me not to buy Montblanc or LV watch. Should buy from watchmaker type of brand cos theirs is in-house movement blah blah blah...

Just wondering if uniqlo's ability to get a price point and quality balance so right will spell the end of small high end (i.e high price) denim makers cos the product differentiation will be very little.

just thinking aloud

FYI i have many many uniqlo stuff. even used to sell them.

Well you're in the business, you know it's all about the perception of value. People pay for what they want, value and price are just guide posts. Uniqlo wouldn't dilute the other denim brands unless it ups its pricing and pitch itsef against the premium brands. $99 vs $200-300 is no contest. If Uniqlo started selling its selvedge at the ~$200 mark and marketed them accordingly, then that might pose a threat to the existing premium labels.

yo let me try to understand. so a bunch of fashion forum members in singapore meet up at somebody's house, take off their tight-fitting denim pants and lay them on the floor for a group picture? while standing around in their underwear?

NO HOMO?

;)

LOL U RLY DONT GET IT?

people wear jackets to keep warm. people wear beanies to keep warm. people wear hoodies to keep warm. SINGAPORE IS FUCKIN HOT

there is "Fashion before function", and then there's plain idiocy. i feel like punching a motherfucka for wearing a scarf in singapore... what's wrong son ur neck too cold????? in fuckin singapore????? nigga plz.

It's hot and humid here. Even wearing a singlet and shorts kills me. I don't get how some people can wear hoodies and beanies. Is that a senseless question? Just trying to understand what going on. Growing up, nobody, and I mean, nobody, wears a jacket or hoodie in Singapore. Leaving Singapore in my teens and returning for holidays, I still didn't see hoodies and beanies or even cardigans. But they're pretty common here now. And Singapore isn't getting any cooler. So I'm wondering if people are convincing themselves they're cold for the sake of layering up.

seriously thinking of getting a blazer cus with that blazer (+100 to korean looks), i look more like a typical korean star (*thinking of all the pussies I can get), just thinking of what opportunities can i get to wear them. lol

PS. I already dun look singaporean...

kim%2Bjeong%2Bhoon%2Bhallyu%2Brom%2Bfest.jpg

Ayo I rock scarves sometimes, but that's cos they be like linen-cotton blend or silk or shit.

I just saw this du wearing DH suit with a backpack. Nicka musta got a ginormous sweat stain on the back of his shirt.

And just for the record,

CAG >>>>>> CSG. Period.