Denim in Singapore

tweeds

to be honest, for what you're looking for, singapore's not a good place to shop at - high import premiums, limited sizes and models at the moment.

from mandarin meritus, its 2 train stops away - get off at city hall station afterwhich you can get to esplanade via the citylink underpass.

you'll have more luck with diors at HK - they have DH stores there, so there isn't any import premium charged on them, plus HK dollar is weak.

its too bad mosaic music festival's over by then, damn it was so good.

Since when can bengs afford diors? Must be rich kid wanna-beng leh...

Which school again, just curious.

cannnnn. lotsa people that are on frontallabs are ah bengs dressed in expensive shit( shit. really) . got to know about this fight that happened a few days ago between 2 members that i know of.:D

NYP, home of the cheenas...

Flame, drop me a pm with your msn... I feel like i am shitting up this thread. :s

Hi everyone, im from SG too and relatively new to sufu and the great things they have on here.

If anyone's interested, i have a near mint nudie SJDBT in 27/32(too tight) and a mint Julian Red hoboken tarnish in 31/32 (too loose) for sale.

Hi guys...just a headsup...Suntec L1 Levis sale near YES eyewear shop....K1 Cramertons sz 26/27/28 for cheap, I mean really cheap, no other sizes though....saw a couple of 506XX jackets made in Japan for 50% off....go check it out....so sad nothing in my size....

80% of my clothes are from online... the retails here usually mark up a lot...

this wouldn't be a problem if people paid more attention to what's in store here. kids should support their local designers and brands too. theres actually alot of good stuff. start paying less attention to the labels and more attention to the steez.

this wouldn't be a problem if people paid more attention to what's in store here. kids should support their local designers and brands too. theres actually alot of good stuff. start paying less attention to the labels and more attention to the steez.

I don't know if it is just me, but the local stuff i bought all lack in quality.

Front Row stocks good locally designed stuff, but alot of it is not very wearable, I probably wouldn't get good mileage nah mean?

I haven't been to blackmarket yet so I dunno.

But joints from the west be still better. But then again, I'm not entirely local, so wad can I say?

i came from KL to Singapore this weekend for the Mosaic festival (still buzzing from the excellent Soil & Pimp Sessions gig).

Spent most of my time wandering your supercity with the help of the Supermaps. Went to most areas except most of Orchard (no sales) and didn't have enough time for Far East Plaza,Wheelock & Chinatown. Here's my observations:

Haji Lane. Great concept, lovely place to walk in. Was expecting more Superfuture friendly shops rather than so many girly boutiques. I particularly liked KIN for its clothes (Obedient Sons, Engineered Garments, PAM tees) and this unknown shop that had mostly footwear at the ground level (Paul Smith shoes and sandals, Umbro Kim Jones) and some clothes on the upper level. If this wasn't 3 then I don't think I entered it cos I didnt see any shops that sold Material Boy and Another Label Another Boy. The rest of the shops sold the typical male hipster uniform of gingham shirts, slim shorts or graphic tees. Some shops sold some really nice shirts, but I question their authenticity because of the price and the dodgy labelling. A Vivienne Westwood shirt on the sale rack going for 100+?

muji. Loved their shoes and their boston bags. Gonna get them at my next trip

Ambush/Surrender. I think some of you might roll your eyes at this hypebeast-y establishment. What's worthwhile is the b store's excellent b clothing and the superb henrik vibskov. Crazy prices, to me at least...$330 for drop crotch shorts. And also drooled at the overpriced CP sneakers of course.

Cathay. Had my eye on the shop Dress Code but I think its owners were still hungover cos it wasn't open even at 1pm!

Went to the Heeren for Queen's Couture. Sales going on, but didn't get anything. Also checked out Orchard Cineleisure for Leftfoot, Collage and Fred Perry.

Final note:

Observation #1: Your girls look lovely in their generic hipster look of oversized blouse, gladiator sandals, unkempt hair and hot pants. Beats Ah Lians of KL anytime.

Observation #2: Denim is a downward trend? Maybe its the places I go, but I see more skinny shorts than skinny jeans now. More sensible, actually.

Observation #3: Havaianas >> Sneakers? Also may be due to where I was at. Could be wrong.

Verdict: Much needed visual break from the KL nightmare of douchbags in upturned polo collars, Taiwan influenced Beng/Lian fashion sense and tacky bootlegs. Would visit again soon :D

Funan mall, peninsular plaza have a couple of new optical shop. Go New China over at peni B1. Tony has a whole lot of vintage specs and good stuff there (excluding the plastic mold wayfarer etc)

If not, KIN still have a couple of Cutler and Gross specs left, pretty attractive prices too ;)

would head over there soon! anyone else have other recommendation for specs? mine broke last week..

Recommend me sandals. Havainas/birkenstocks are played and stupidly overpriced. I think ima be kopping them $5 flipflop from the neighbourhood joints.

Wouldn't mind buying designer sandals but i don't wanna ruin them if it rains.

Aiyah for the beach i rather not take the risk of fucking up my prada/jil/raf sandals you know.

Havainas are worn by too many gheys. I wish they were priced at $10 like in brazil...then can kop w/o worries.

DSC00227.JPG

waywt ( num concept)

could just cop some tai sing slippers.

flame get on msn, i'd get you a fit pic of them tai singz!