Denim in Singapore

tweeds

So, just came back from ARC. The prices there are quite reasonable for Fullcount, Denime, KMW and Omnigod. $200+++ for Omnigods to around $500 for Fullcount #1614 (???). They had quite a few models from the brands but are limited in quantity. If I am correct, only one pair per size. Got me a pair of Denime XX type raw. Feels like cardboard right now. Going to store it up til 2009 mid year. :) Those who are interested in these brands, do go down to take a look as they are having a 30% off sale and the prices are extremely attractive. :) I got my Denimes for $260, which is a steal. :cool:

^^^ Nope they don't.. That's why I settled for the XX type, when 66 cuts are my favourite cuts... They only have the following models from Denime: XX type, 58 type, 66 lowrise, new 505 type and regular 501 type. Not sure what the 501 type is like. Perhaps you could consider Fullcounts? Or Omnigods. Both are at good prices given the discount. Now is a good time to go try on Japanese denim. And the girl SA there is quite friendly and quite cute (IMHO) as well. :cool:

I prefer a slim straight cuts. But am not really familiar with fullcounts and omnigods cuts and fits. maybe I'll look at the 66 lowrise type then

Lest I sound like I work at ARC, I don't. :P Okay. Fullcount has the #1108, which some people may consider as sort of a slim straight depending on the sizing. They have the lowrise version as well. #1614 I think. Didn't try out the Omnigod straights but they may fit slim. ARC has KMW as well. They definitely have slimmer cuts. You can search in this forum (although I don't know how you would fare with v4.0) for the different brands and their cuts. :D Just excited because you may not find these brands at such a good price anymore, not even in Japan. :rolleyes:

I prefer a slim straight cuts. But am not really familiar with fullcounts and omnigods cuts and fits. maybe I'll look at the 66 lowrise type then

edit:

just saw the 50-052a from omnigod. and the 1108 from fullcount. fit looks good. hope there is those in stock.

just visited ARC to check out the denim collection

i liked the omnigod denim but they didnt have any in the size i wanted

and yep the SA is cute

on another note does anyone know where i can get a good plain leather belt, like corter or tannergoods belts, off a shop in singapore?

wow a steal.. anyone got the prices of kmw's at ARC?

Didn't see how much KMWs cost... But Renny did mention in a previous post that they are around SGD 370 or so... I think the sale is still on... Should be ending soon though... That's what the owner said the other time I was there.

just visited ARC to check out the denim collection

i liked the omnigod denim but they didnt have any in the size i wanted

and yep the SA is cute

on another note does anyone know where i can get a good plain leather belt, like corter or tannergoods belts, off a shop in singapore?

saw some sugarcane belts @ qc heeren. they looked great, going for about $180+?

went to ARC today again. yep the SA was cute indeed. had a short conversation with her =))). the sale is till 24 december. that was what it said in the store. I think they had the denime 501 cut, which is the same denim as XX cut, but slimmer. however, they did not come in raw. only prewashed.

went to ARC today again. yep the SA was cute indeed. had a short conversation with her =))). the sale is till 24 december. that was what it said in the store. I think they had the denime 501 cut, which is the same denim as XX cut, but slimmer. however, they did not come in raw. only prewashed.

Again?!?!?! Just to have a conversation with the SA? :P Darn it! There's a 501 cut which is slimmer than the XX? And with the same denim? :mad: Prewashed meaning one wash or distressed? Did you see how much they cost?

*Edit: I think it's the 15th anniversary or something like that? Any info, hur hur?

photo of said SA or it didn't happen!

No photos required... Just go down and take a look... :P Remember guys, I saw her first... Hahaha..

nah. i asked her about how regularly was she working there and more. prewashed as in distressed. if not i would have gotten those 501s immediately. can't rmb the price. it should be ard $300++. I think they are the 15th anniversary if I'm not wrong.

nah. i asked her about how regularly was she working there and more. prewashed as in distressed. if not i would have gotten those 501s immediately. can't rmb the price. it should be ard $300++. I think they are the 15th anniversary if I'm not wrong.

Yes!!! Makes me feel so much better that the 501 are distressed. :cool: And more? More means phone number and name and all that? Hahaha. I jest, I jest. Okay, enough about the SA. More about denim!!! So hur hur, how are you finding your Omnigods? Any thoughts you want to share? I think Omnigod is flying under the radar here for so long that it has become stealth. Tell us more.

First meeting cannot be so gungho. take it slow. haha. the omnigods are one wash. so the denim is soft but thick. the creases also don't form that easily because it is not that stiff. have not really worn them yet. I'll be going to taiwan tomorrow for a week. and I'll be rocking those omnigods all the way. will update on the omnigods when I'm back.

That's what held me back from the Omnigods. The denim felt quite soft. But super comfortable and substantial. Okay, eagerly awaiting your updates on your Omnigod and your trip. Bon voyage!

Here are my thoughts on my Denime XX type. I have not soaked it yet so it is stll stiff, like cardboard. The denim should be around 14.5 oz from what I read and it seems deeply dyed. But it is slightly 'bluer' compared to my Eternal 811s when I first got them, although the 811s were one wash. Details and hardware are the standard: hidden rivets, red tab, chainstitching at the hem, slanted middle belt loop, hidden selvedge coin pocket and orange (???) line selvedge and leather patch. Oh, and blank back pockets. :) The non XX denim is lighter and fades faster and they come without the leather patch; rather, it's a cardboard patch. Some people don't mind but it's the little details that make or break a jeans for me.

Can't comment much on the fit and the shrinking as I am planning to hold off soaking at least until next year. Will keep you guys updated! ;)