Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Does anyone know if the AdidasXDiesel jeans are "selvedge"? If so, which pairs are? I'm looking for a slim fit/skinny black denim pair and I'm wondering if the AdidasXDiesel one or Nudie ones are better value for money (quality wise)?

If neither, anyone got any good recommendations? I want to buy it as something of a long term investment.

From what I recall, I dont remember the adidasXdiesel jeans being selvedge. There is however, a rather tacky "3 stripe" stitching on the inner seam. Not sure how the quality runs though.

Nudie's are a lot simpler, design wise, and we all know its denim is decent. However, I personally feel that Nudie's in Singapore are overpriced.

Is it possible to have skinny/slim fit selvedge in the first place? Like most selvedge jeans are straight cut? Is the cutting related in any ways to selvedge or regular denim?

how overpriced are nudie jeans in SG? anyone has any idea on the mark up?

The julian red hoboken no wash is an example of a skinny fit selvage jeans.

Usually nudie jeans go for SGD$290 and above in stores.

However, recently there are people who started their own blogshop selling nudie jeans at low prices such as SGD$225 for a Thin Finn Dry Black Coated.

Sorry very new to the whole selvedge thing. Are these skinny fit selvage jeans stretchy or non-stretchy? If they are, which 'models' are and which aren't?

Any links to these blogshops you can provide? Someone from another thread told me Nudie jeans aren't as great as they are made out to be (i.e. the cost doesn't really justify quality) Any opinions on that?

Are those non-selvedge skinny black jeans by Dr. Denim or Cheap Monday worth it for like semi-frequent usage (i.e. approx 3-4 times a week)?

Sorry very new to the whole selvedge thing. Are these skinny fit selvage jeans stretchy or non-stretchy? If they are, which 'models' are and which aren't?

Any links to these blogshops you can provide? Someone from another thread told me Nudie jeans aren't as great as they are made out to be (i.e. the cost doesn't really justify quality) Any opinions on that?

Are those non-selvedge skinny black jeans by Dr. Denim or Cheap Monday worth it for like semi-frequent usage (i.e. approx 3-4 times a week)?

Quoted from wikipedia: "Selvage typically implies that the denim used is a higher quality". All jeans do expand or stretch after several wears over a long period of time, the extent depends on the denim used.

No experience on nudies, so can't help you on that.

Alot of people feel that Dr. Denim or Cheap Monday are not good denims. Its like how people say about topman raw jeans. If for very frequent wears or you simply want to trash it, you can consider them as they are not very costly as compared to like nudie ones.

Queens Couture at The Hereen Shops and Woooderland at Wheelock Place stocks Cheap Monday and Dr. Denim respectively.

However, I personally feel that Nudie's in Singapore are overpriced.

Everything around here is overpriced.devil.gif

Nudies overseas cost around 150 USD, which equates to little over 200 SGD. Local prices are $290 - 350, you get the idea.

Jetblack + skinny + reasonable = hells bellz / April 77. Go to Queens' Couture to try them on, the pricepoint is slightly higher than the American market but you can always order online.

Uniqlo will be opening soon...prolly next year.