Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Hi People!

July is a significant month for all of us at The Lawn!

A Successful Trans-plant,

Birthdays,

Post GSS,

Mid Summer,

National Day Preparations, etc...

So Bottoms Up!...or Rather Down!

All Bottoms* are Now On a 25% Discount Off Regular Prices

Till End of July

*except for Imperial Brand Denim.

Hi People!

Birthdays,

Post GSS,

Mid Summer,

Till End of July

anyway, happy belated birthday haha!

hey guys

i just got some new denim, but i gotta bring the rise up just a bit.. Any good, reliable tailors i can go to? i'm sure y'all got the sense not to tell me the cheap a$$ one at queensway.. haah

i heard i'd best go to far east, lucky plaza or peninsula.. but any shops in particular?

Hi People!

Birthdays,

Post GSS,

Mid Summer,

Till End of July

so i had a sudden itch for a pair of black raw denim and headed down to the lawn and kop a pair of imperial dukes. fuckin shit's fit is spot on man. Thanks Damien for the discount!! your da man!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fellow singaporeans,

Any idea where could i alter my selvage skull jeans. brought it to several places and all say it was hard/impossible as i want it slightly taper from knee down which means, the selvage will become twice it's original size if done from the outer side. If done from inside, the stitching from knee down will disappear. One even suggest it should be done in the middle of the jeans... :(

Where can i go to beside the "dr denim" guy at lucky plaza and the famous Indian woman at peninsular?

thanks!

unfortunately dude, i think every option has been spelled out for you. you either take it from the outside or inside (taking from the middle is whack).

so its a choice between extra large selvage (which i have witnessed), or no inner leg stitching (which i also have witnessed), and I gotta say that taking from the inside is a whole lot better.

trust me, you're not even going to realize that the inner leg stitching isnt there anymore. trust me, its a very small deal after you get over it the first time.

oh and i forget to mention.

clancy alterations. they are really very very good. but make sure you ask for the boss, cause there's one lady there that sometimes fucks things up.

on a side note. this thread must contain the most number of red repped people ive seen in a long while.

oh and i forget to mention.

clancy alterations. they are really very very good. but make sure you ask for the boss, cause there's one lady there that sometimes fucks things up.

on a side note. this thread must contain the most number of red repped people ive seen in a long while.

thanks paul, guess the most sensible thing to do would be taking from the inside as well.

Clancy aren't as good as they were. rape prices but fast to deliver.

yeah esp if you're only taking in from the knees down, taking from the insides would def be the way to go.

yeah the prices have been increased quite abit, but thats why i only go to the boss, cause she'll get it done for me in no time, and that kinda helps me justify the higher price i have to pay. heh. a little cognitive dissonance on my part.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Am looking for a pair of Raw jeans but not sure wat to get.Looking for a cut similar to APC NS.

Not sure if i should get an APC NS or are there better choices for the price(S$295 from FrontRow)

Got a budget of around S$300.A little over 300 is alright also.any recommendations?

Just get new standards online. APC @ retail in Singapore is not that worth it.

300SGD might get used Dior Homme etc...if you're lucky.

FYI, I paid around 95 USD (works out to a lil over 130 SGD) for my ns, so yeah, there are better options.

Thanx for the info.But i would have trouble getting stuff online as i dun have a card that can be used for online transactions.

Can share where u got ur NS for that price?Is it brand new?

unfortunately dude, i think every option has been spelled out for you. you either take it from the outside or inside (taking from the middle is whack).

so its a choice between extra large selvage (which i have witnessed), or no inner leg stitching (which i also have witnessed), and I gotta say that taking from the inside is a whole lot better.

thanks paul, guess the most sensible thing to do would be taking from the inside as well.

Clancy aren't as good as they were. rape prices but fast to deliver.

yeah esp if you're only taking in from the knees down, taking from the insides would def be the way to go.

no homo. 10char

can return back to the superfuture city guide for ideas.

i went to h1 complex or something and they had home decor stuff, local designers, a well stocked book store(with lotsa coffee table books) and nice place to shop and nice place to chill out basically. if u want something more international with more global brands then go playground!.