FOB Factory

john11f

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hey john can you give measurements of your pair now? i bought a pair of 151s a long time ago sizing down 1 (to a 32). It was discouraging to see that pre wash they were already 31.5, as well as reading the recomendation of sizing up 2. so can you give me an idea of how much they stretched and how long it took to stretch? i knew i wasnt selling these for a reason!

i'll try to post some pics but not much going on for my pair. i've been distracted by the Sorahiko's (inspired by partytaco's constant wash but good fades) & the Oni Shoai's.

see if i could measure them for you...

nevertheless, one of the best jeans in terms of construction...seems bulletproof!

i'll try to post some pics but not much going on for my pair. i've been distracted by the Sorahiko's (inspired by partytaco's constant wash but good fades) & the Oni Shoai's.

see if i could measure them for you...

nevertheless, one of the best jeans in terms of construction...seems bulletproof!

Your denim collection is my wet dream.

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to gather some more information / did'nt find anything in the encyclopedia..

They seem to be pretty good qality - and apperantly make a 66 cut that looks like it might be well done..

a1-185.jpg

a1-185-2.jpg

a1-185-3.jpg

a1-185-4.jpg

So - in case they are in your posession / or you know anything about the brand ....please share

The Colt store on Rakuten has a FOB Outlet with some nice shirts as well.

They also make an organic jean (161) that looks very similar in cut to the 151, which btw, only has a 33" inseam after washing....SO annoying.

Side story - I went to look at rawselvedge.com to see if they had any wear pics (they don't) and spelled it rawselvage.com and it re-directed me to contextclothing's website. Strange.

I;m sort of weirded out by the name, but they seem to put out good stuff. Nothing super adventurous, though (which is porbably their greatest strength and weakness). I've not handled them in person, but I always lump them together with Fullcount and maybe Flathead when I think of repro brands.

I;m sort of weirded out by the name, ...

the "FOB" in FOB Factory means "Free on Board" (or sometimes Freight On Board), which is a common term used in international commerce, not "fresh off the boat" haha

I have the F151 and it is one of the most well constructed jeans I have. If you order, size down. The indigo is almost as dark as the Eternal 811 and even the cut.

Yes, i also like the cool apache helicopter patch.

the F151 is great, definately one of the most well constructed jeans i have too. i actually went with my true waist size and the fit is real nice after a hot soak (see pic). havent experienced that much stretch on mine, but i only wear them once in a while. did yours stretch a noticable amount?

the apache patch owns

• 1 month later...

Thinking about picking up a pair of 151s. The measurements vary widely on different sites. Could anyone who has this weigh in on shrinking AND stretching? For reference I usually wear 32 in most everything. I'm thinking 32 would be good, but a few sites have the post-wash waist as small as 31, which won't work for me. Help?

Thanks.