FOB Factory

john11f

Very Nice, do you so happen to know the differences between the 151 and the 161, because I'm also considering on setting these to my collection. And yeah they do look somewhat similar to the LVC 47s but I was reading through a site and it had alittle article in japanese, how FOB denim is used with organic cotton weaved with the oldfashioned power loom. The backpockets and the color falling of the jeans are also supposedly "unique".

• 2 weeks later...
john11f, u have onis aswell correct?

i have both on the way, but am thinking of selling one..

which do u prefer?

(other than fit)

the Onis....for now...who knows how these FOBs turn out. Comparison is not exactly apples to apples. Onis=slubby, FOB=deep color dye

I would keep both. The FOBs look like they are one of the more well constructed jeans among my collection. POSITIVELY SUPERIOR.

I think I have to take back what I said about these being a similar fit to the 1947 LVC.

The legs actually taper and they have a lower rise for sure, at least if you trust the measurements that are available. I'd really appreciate it if you guys who have a pair could measure the rise BiG style!

i agree, they definately fit differently from LVC 47's. i have size 34 in both and to compare the two i would say that the LVC's seat area is more form fitting on my ass, but these F151's allow a little more room (backrise is about 0.3 of an inch longer). but the FOBs frontrise is 1 inch shorter than the LVCs (presoak). i gave my F151's a soak and got good shrinkage but i think i could've went one size down with these.

size 34 F151 inch measurements:

presoak

Waist 35

FR 11.5

BR 16

Knee 9.5

Hem 9

Inseam 35.5

post-soak (150 minutes in room temp water)

Waist 33.5

FR 10.75

BR 15.25

Knee 9

Hem 8.25

Inseam 33.5

*edit: jeans lost no indigo at all from the soak using room temp water

some pics of the F151 after a 150 minute room temp soak. i went with size 34 (my regular waist size is 33-34 but i was told these fit slim), for reference i'm about 5'10" 167 pounds

364419571_33471ad7f8.jpg

i was going for a regular fit, and i was told these F151 are slim fit, but after a soak i think these are definately not too slim at all, so i'm happy. i really love the deep blue color of the denim, you have to see it in person.

*EDIT, after putting them through a warm soak they shrunk a lot more, go further down to see picture of fit after shrinkage

^Those look very nice. Can't wait to receive my F191's.

Are these slimmer compared to your lvc 47's? If so, how much, cause they looke quite regular.....

yea, my size 34 F151's i have dont feel that much slimmer than my size 34 lvc 47's at all, and right now they feel like a regular fit (but i only gave them a room temperature soak and not a hot soak, so they'll still shrink a little more). pre-soak, the FOB's already had a looser waist compared to the LVC's pre-soak. the FOB's have thicker denim and a longer inseam too, so they stack more. i feel like these FOBs allows a little bit more room for the hips/thighs though.

i think the F151 is supposed to be a little more slim compared to the F191 (from what i read on j-fabled). Show us some pics when you're F191's arrive! excited to see more SFers going for the FOB's.

btw, i'm on day 2 of wearing these FOBs and theyre a little more broken in now, and i'm loving these more and more... in their own words: positively superior.

My F-191's are in. Damn, these look fine. Two coloured stitching (orange and yellow), selvedge coin-pocket, red selvedge inseam, plaid pockets, 14.5oz denim......mmmmmm.

I've made pre-soak measurements for all us denimnerds.

FOB F191 32" RAW:

• Waist: 80cm / 31.5 inch

• F.Rise: 28.5cm / 11.2 inch

• B.Rise: 39cm / 15.4 inch

• Upper Thigh: 31cm / 12.2 inch

• Inseam: 91.5cm / 36 inch

• Knee: 24.5cm / 9.6 inch

• Leg opening: 23.5cm / 9.3 inch

The jeans are tagged a 32, but they obviously run small as the measurements prove.

Gonna soak them today and will let everybody know how these turn out.

I've made some pics. The jeans are soaked and drying now at the moment. I did a 1hr. hot soak with the warmest water from the tab and added an extra 1 ltr of boiling water.

Here are some pre-soak pics:

Next to my Sugar Cane 47's

IMG_1268.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

Here is a pic with me wearing the jeans. As you can see the inseam is crazy long, 36 inch / 91.5 cm. Also they fit really baggy.

I think I will let them be hemmed to about 83cm, but I will have to see how the inseam turns out after the jeans are fully dried up.

IMG_1271.JPG

Standing up themselfs. They did the soaking on their own.

IMG_1295.JPG

Soaking

IMG_1306.JPG

nice.. i like the plaid pocket lining, too bad my F151 dont have those. your F191 are pretty loose. i just put my F151's through a 60 minute warm soak and now they are definately closer to a slim fit. considerably slimmer than the previous pictures i posted. should've done that w/ the first soak. still no indigo loss though, so its all good.

edit: adding picture of fit after shrinkage

368739928_a932ec2868.jpg

nice.. i like the plaid pocket lining, too bad my F151 dont have those. your F191 are pretty loose. i just put my F151's through a 60 minute warm soak and now they are definately closer to a slim fit. considerably slimmer than the previous pictures i posted. should've done that w/ the first soak. still no indigo loss though, so its all good.

I think I'll give them another soak, cause they didn't shrink that much. And i'll have to find a place here that does chainstitching.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...