FOB Factory

john11f

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

x-post:

FOB F3192

I finally got around to taking some pictures of this shirt. The fit and quality are amazing, not to mention the cool details. The arms aren't baggy at all, which seems to be common among flannel work shirts. The fabric is really nice and there's triple chainstitching throughout the shirt. There's also lining on the back of the button side of the placket.

sta70702copyyr8.th.jpgsta70687copyum4.th.jpgsta70691copyps1.th.jpg

sta70688copyls9.th.jpgsta70689copyzj3.th.jpg

• 2 months later...
Seriously considering a pair...if there's someone out there who has them and wants to sell - let me know...Looks like F151 or F161 are the best shot...

Beatle, did you get a pair of the F161's? I'm considering making these my next jean, however I haven't seen any legitimate fit pics, nor does Bears have my size in stock anyway. I was really impressed by their fading in the latest Lightining Indigo Master. The cut looks like 811's but lower rise.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I like the green tab especially, and the shout out to BK, of course. Could any of those people who have them (the prior model) please please please post updates/fit pics? The model on Bears tends to be misleading and, compelled by their epic fading I saw in Lightning, I think these might be my next jean.

^ I agree. I loved the helicopter patch, and the Brooklyn Bridge image on this new patch does seem a little arbitrarily 'urban' and 'old-timey-vintagey', but still beats many post-lawsuit alternatives so far. The Lee-style stitching - and retaining a tag!, albeit green - is an even better alternative.

Fit/wear pics? Anyone?!

Im thinking about picking up a pair of raw F161. So general consensus is to size dowm one size? My real waist is almost 31" meaning I go for a size 30?

^ I don't think enough people have them that there is a general consensus, unfortunately. Moreover, it seems the F161 is their slimmest fitting style - or certain close to it. I know I wouldn't size down on that fit, since the measurements on Bears for a 31 equate to less than 31 inches. Just my meager, uneducated opinion.

I'm interested in a pair of the F191's, only concern again is length... (I need a 34" inseam after wash/soak)

anyone have more info? is the F191 their only regular fit? I heard something about FOB having a '47 like cut too?

thanks for the reply jaspar; aren't the measurements on Bears for one-wash?

They are. I've done a Rakuten search for several FOB styles, but have yet to turn up anywhere that sells them raw; one-wash only.

I wear a 31 in most every non-Japanese brand, 28/29 APC NS, 33 FH 3001 (to accomodate my athlete's legs), 31 in Samurai. I'm leaning toward a 32 in the F151, according to the measurements on Bears (which seem smaller than on other sites, like Colt), and because their model wears a 31, and he seems universally to be one size smaller than me. Of course, I don't know when I'll actually buy them...

i believe Garden has the F161 in one-wash and raw but no measurements (as far as I could see) I asked for some sizing advise last week but i'm still waiting for their reply

i believe Garden has the F161 in one-wash and raw but no measurements (as far as I could see) I asked for some sizing advise last week but i'm still waiting for their reply

I did the same a few months ago. He said they're sold out, and FOB doesn't make them anymore...

I asked why he still had them on the site, and if he could still give me sizing info but he stopped responding. So I'm gonna say Garden isn't the way to go.

the F151 is probably the most similar to the '47 for FF's jeans. it’s a slim straight cut, very similar to the 47, but a slightly lower rise. of course, the denim is totally different though, the FOB is organic denim, heavier, and the indigo color is amazing.

thanks for the info, so the F191 is a looser fit then F151? (and higher rise?)

thanks for the info, so the F191 is a looser fit then F151? (and higher rise?)

The F151 is a 1954 repro, compared to the LVC 1947 I'd guess it's slightly lower rise, slightly tapered below the knee instead of straight.

The F191 is a 40s model so it's high and loose. Same goes for the F098.

The F096 is a pretty sweet, low-priced, late 60s model.

The F161 is just disgusting.

Already emailed PUR twice but they don't reply...

why are the F161's disgusting??? I assume you don't like slim models a lot?

The F151 is a 1954 repro, compared to the LVC 1947 I'd guess it's slightly lower rise, slightly tapered below the knee instead of straight.

The F191 is a 40s model so it's high and loose. Same goes for the F098.

The F096 is a pretty sweet, low-priced, late 60s model.

The F161 is just disgusting.

thanks HJJ, so I would def. be looking into the 191, 098 or 096...

anyone know if these measurements on bears are one wash? (and acurate, they got it marked as 66 model) if so, I think I'm gonna order the F191 in size 34... :D (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/fob-f191/)

actually the f151 almost has the same silhoutte as the samurai s5000vx

i agree from the bears website the fit pics on those f151 looks like a sam s5000

but i doubt that the f098 fits like a ww2 these are a bit tight to fit like a ww2 cut

look at these

FOB21.jpg