Men's Spas, London?

red120

I didn't like The Refinery much when I went - it was full of complete wankers. I went in the evening though, so there were lots of straight-from-work people turning up, it might be better during the day. It just wasn't very relaxing, too much testosterone and attitude.

I highly recommend SPA:NK in Notting Hill.

It's uni-sex, but that's a good thing. Normally I never see anyone else when I'm there as they try to stagger the appointments in that way.

The Eve Lom ultimate cleanse (£85 - about an hour) is a great one to go for, otherwise the Eve Lom facial £110 - 1.5 hours) is the one to have if you've got the time/cash (I normally get the ultimate cleanse).

Turn up as early as you want and you can go off and have a shower, you get a locker with a nice robe and sandals inside, plus there's a whole bunch of towels and complementary products for you. Then pop upstairs to the waiting area, which is really chilled out and they'll offer you drinks and stuff (healthy things like green tea)... if it's your first time you'll need to fill out a form whilst you wait. If there are any other people waiting as well then they're usually really friendly (and often very hot).

Once inside it's really chilled out - they normally ask if you want silence or some chilled music to listen to, they're really professional and don't tend to rush as they never have someone else in straight afterwards. I've only ever had female staff, I'm not sure if they have any men doing the treatments, they normally ask me if there's anyone in particular that I'd prefer.

Afterwards you can have another shower or whatever, then leave feeling like a new man! (straight down the road to the Electric Cinema for me - it's become a ritual)

Seriously, if I had the money I'd be there every week.