Amsterdam in November

Iambic_9

First of all, the MS Stubnitz is in town. It's an old fishing ship that is now run by a bunch of artists from Berlin, who have turned it into a venue for parties, gigs and performances. Well worth checking out!

On november 4th, the annual Museum Night (N8) is something to look forward to, as all museums in Amsterdam open their doors during the entire night and there are special performances, DJs, parties, etc. Check http://www.n8.nl/2006/english/ for details. Various after-parties afterwards: I suspect Zeitgeist at Sugar Factory and Artbeat at BG will be the best choices.

There's a Kate Moss exhibition in FOAM Museum of Modern Photography. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's nice.

Music: Paradiso has plenty of gigs in November (Junior Boys, Sufjan Stevens, Ice Cube, Lilly Allen, The Killers, London Calling, etc, etc). Lots of live music in the Melkweg as well.

Feel free to let me know if you need any more/specific info.

Thanks, Tisswat, I'll be flying into Amsterdam on the 4th (be there a week), and N8 looks great. I've been searching for a list of denim shops to hit but can't seem to come up with any - are there one or two shops that I should check out to find some Acnes and Julian Reds? Thanks.

I have seen Acnes at 2PR (Oude Hoogstraat) and Didato (PC Hooftstraat). 2PR might sell Julian Reds as well, but I'm not sure.

Hi Tisswat, thanks very much for the information! I havn't had a chance to check this thread until now.

I've gone through all the links that you posted and all the good events seem to on the dates which I am not there. Ill be there right for the last few days of November.

Apart from the ones you listed are there any particular nice bars or clubs that play good music? (indie orientated).

I'll be on the lookout for Julian Red as well. Do you know anywhere that stocks Wood Wood as well?

Thanks again.

You can find WoodWood at 90SQM (Levantplein), Lijfstijl (Ferdinand Bolstraat) and again.. 2PR.

I can post some more info on events at the end of november. Just bump this thread to remind me in a few weeks.

For now, you might want to check the Paradiso and Melkweg schedules online. Bars playing indie music.. Lux and Weber (both Marnixstraat) are my current favorites.