Favorite Australian labels

dumadiscount

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Material Boy is wicked. Some Insight stuff is really good, but there's a lot of crap as well. Tsubi has been one of my favorite brands for the last few years. And One Teaspoon and Sass & Bide look good on my girlfriend. :)

And yes, Mjölk is really nice. Their collection is really small, though, but the Tsubi and Material Boy lines aren't exactly huge either...

My favourites:

Imperial

Genki

Re Tsubi - I like their cuts and washes, but they are so played out here (Melbourne, Aus). Also, they don't strike me as being a very long-lasting product, either material-wise or fashion-wise - you can always tell last seasons' washes...

GENKI is my favourite place in the world! i live for that store! if i'm ever in melbourne, i must go there once a day everyday i am there!

i like Tsubi, even though it's covering everyone's bum these days.

mjolk and material boy are cool too...but i don't own any.

i think that the Alba stuff is awesomely priced and looks much more expensive than it is...so i kinda like it. but some of it is crap too!

@ Matay - yeah Genki's a great store! There's always good quality product (their Tees rule!), and the staff are lovely as well. Lame as it sounds, it's a really happy place.

@ Hap - oh yes, a can of worms has been opened! :-) man I hate that Industrie crap. Although you woulnd't be wrong in saying that that is what the majority of young males are wearing here...depressing stuff.

Hey Sydney guys, I was down Oxford street the other day and I went into this awesome Japanese Denim store, I just cant remember the name of it now. I think it was an own label store. Really nice Jeans and the the store was all decked out with that Japanese denim vibe with dark wood, cones of denim thread and stacks of wood displays etc. Jeans ran about $400-$700. There was an older Japanese gent in there and I over heard him telling the hot shop girl his plans for a cool garden out the back of the store. I should have done more thorough re-con as I know SFHeads would be totally into this store, cant even remember the name of the label and didn't have my camera

Edit: Always loved Perks & Mini Too