Sign in to follow this  
englandmj7

Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

what the hell are you guys talking about, ancestors ARE FBT, just like coyote and shaman

They are indeed different my friend. They have a completely different-shaped sole which has alot more of a drastic 'slant' downward and is alot more 'sporty.' I personally was not a huge fan, but they were certainly not the same as FBTs, etc. I guess it is hard to see from the catalogue pics.

of course i know the different outsole they're using, but it's clearly referred as "FBT ancestor" on the online catalog i have. i wish i can show you the screen capture. you can see the shoebox itself saying "FBT ANCESTOR"

They are indeed different my friend. They have a completely different-shaped sole which has alot more of a drastic 'slant' downward and is alot more 'sporty.' I personally was not a huge fan, but they were certainly not the same as FBTs, etc. I guess it is hard to see from the catalogue pics.

and whose catalog was it? hehe.

of course i know the different outsole they're using, but it's clearly referred as "FBT ancestor" on the online catalog i have. i wish i can show you the screen capture. you can see the shoebox itself saying "FBT ANCESTOR"

I believe you. I thought that you just meant that they were exactly the same shoes as Shamans, etc. only with a smaller flap.

milspex, is that why you've stopped psotnig?

I just cant be fucked anymore. just getting old and tired and washed up and sick of 16 year olds posting their `fits` (ie dior jeans) , easier just to act like a dick..haha...I`ll start posting in WAYWT again one day I guess. just not in the mood lately..

i luv the new FBT ANCESTOR...just cant get a pair..to call my own

because a certain store just want ship:( someone help me out lol

it's good that they stopped making FBTs.

they made enough time to move on although FBT anchestors build on the same mocassin design.

i want them to bring back the koonig but i'm fine with them not bringing back. if you slept then you just gotta hunt for it.

i'm still looking for a pair of white elk FBTs. those things are insane!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a pair of DS White Kooning Elks in size 10. Let me know if you want them.

Does anyone know what the ancestors look like with the ankle flap up? I've got a pair of shamans and fancied another, but I'm not too keen on this new version with the short ankle flap, especially if it's not removable.

what the hell are you guys talking about, ancestors ARE FBT, just like coyote and shaman

I know that man. The full name of the shoe is the FBT Ancestor. All I'm saying is that I'm not feeling the new design. I'm not quite as dumb as I look.

Also a (sort of) sneak peak at the 2007 s/s from edc's blog:

vis07ss.jpg

Any recent updates on the latest backpacks? Since the first post, I've seen nothing here or elsewhere about updated ballistic/hypatex.

I'll be in Tokyo for the last week of this year...hopefully Visvim have not abandoned backpacks and that I'll be able to pick one up at F.I.L.

Anyone comment on the use of their backpacks to carry a laptop (just bought a MacBook)?

I'm not quite as dumb as I look.

but you look like a skull with 2 swords around your neck from your pic.... :P

Thanks rirawin...I've got a 13" MacBook. Does it have a special compartment/pouch built in or do you just throw it in and let it slide?

I seem to remember you saying how much you love the cordu. I should've bought the hypatex with that funky cloth bottom from the SF member a while ago...quite a discount.

My Cordu22 will fit a 13" one fine. Not sure about 15"...

15' sony wide screen can fit into my Ballistic20 perferctoly

The new keifers finally dropped. I'm not sure if I like them or not...

i know i don't. give me the good ol' kiefer stags anytime.

maomarx1967-img600x450-1163608516dsc01721.jpg

Any details on that? and whether or not they're still available to buy?

P.S. 2000db check your emails ;)

That hat is sex.

Anyone know price range on the current crop of Visvim backpacks?

At F.I.L., specifically. 2000dB...have you stepped inside F.I.L. lately and if so, were you able to see stock & prices?

i bet the hat retails for like 300 bucks

haha i think that hat is as far from sex as it gets but i would still wear it somewhere really cold.

anyone know where to get older fbt models? ebay sucks ass for visvim..

also when is UNDFTD gonna get the ancestors?!