Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

A little birdie told me to expect a new messenger bag which will be about half the size of the e-cat, logan lows, a bomber jacket with seperate/removable wearable lining, whole bunch of new kiefers and fbts and backpacks. catalogues are out, but stores cant show people.

any clue on the timeframe of when this shit hits retail stores inJPN?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little birdie told me to expect a new messenger bag which will be about half the size of the e-cat

yes this is the smaller version of the e-cat, if I recall correctly the size should be closer to a regular messenger bag. considering that the s/s e-cats dropped now, this might not come out untill some time next year.

that visvim logo is ugly as hell ... looks like something chinese fakers would come up with, but we can always turn the flap insideout to hide the logo.

but i don't like the midsoles either. the sand/greys look decent, but i definetly hate the other colorways.

very dissapointed so far.

Some additional clips, if someone could shed some light on these that'd be grand :D

Yeah I was also curious about these clips as I couldnt figure out how they would be utilized....

Also, your main clip in front is metal? Fuck, my shit is some sort of high impact plastic, but given the price diff between the 2 I would figure they could at least put a black anodized metal buckle on the UC bag.

Whack sauce!

new visvim is out!

figure sapporo

http://blog.star-j.com/index.asp?SHOP_ID=FIGURE_S

is that a new Visvim logo on the flaps of the new FBT? I donno about those speckled midsoles. and looks like they are expanding into the women's line as well with the sundress.

what the hell have they been doing to the fbt. they need to stop.

I agree; terrible.

Definitely meant to appeal to the Nike/Bapesta-collecting crowd (surely the largest consumers of non-dressy shoes) with the tacky logo and odd color schemes. Same vein as the heinous red quilted Polkes and the Nike Vandal ripoff Skynyrds........

They have to make their money somewhere I guess.

visvim's philosophy: take classic, clean, simple designs and use high quality material and construction to make your end product

visvim's problem: their philosophy handicaps them design wise in that it doesn't allow them to push the envelope and be innovative. they can only do so much in the realm of classic, clean, simple designs before everything becomes redundant.

so the question is, do we become stagnant and release the same product year in and year out with no changes, or do we try to push ourselves, now that we've exhausted all these classic clean designs. in visvim's case, and imo, they used the g-line to do just that and see how everyone reacted to this "change" in direction. i don't know about you, but as a designer, if i'm not constantly learning and pushing myself to be innovative, i'de minus well stop.

p.s. i don't see the alaskan theme and those striped button tees look like overpriced thomas pink shirts (not to say thomas pink isn't overpriced itself)

thanks for the starJ link... but I think their servers are overloaded with the new traffic... so if someone could link the pics that would be most appreciated.

Rirawan... ya bastard!

'beef... ya double bastard*!!

*whateverthefuckthatmeans

shinchrono: whoa that looks big, what's your height? I figure we might be around the same height, I'm around 5'6"

78: star-j was down a few hours ago but it's back up now, in any case here's

pics of the new FBT Seward

fbtseward.jpg

the new logo

fdacc8ffb4.jpg

really not feeling the new logo and its placement on the flap, the older FBTs had the vis logo as well but it was very subtle. It looks like it was made for the G-line, does that mean that the G-line was so successful that it would influence the main line?

I hope the rest of the FW line would be better, anybody have the catalog yet? :D