Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure people would get hooked after wearing a pair for the first time.

This happened to me, I got a pair of elk leather fbts last week and I've worn them everyday since I got them. I scooped a pair of visvim boots on sale and they feel amazing. I have no interest in regular sneakers anymore. I'm on that visvim hype shit.

really? the one in calgary DEFINITELY didn't carry visvim, or anything else worth buying for that matter, maybe i'll phone them up and see what they have in stock, do you have any idea how visvim fits in comparison to vans?

last time i checked, goodfoot vancouver only had the g-line cowan kiefers for $220CAD + tax. also carried backpacks, buckminsters, some fbts, and ridiculously expensive g-line clothes.

wish they carried kiefers in a solid colour, i'm not a fan of checkers...

last time i checked, goodfoot vancouver only had the g-line cowan kiefers for $220CAD + tax. also carried backpacks, buckminsters, some fbts, and ridiculously expensive g-line clothes.

wish they carried kiefers in a solid colour, i'm not a fan of checkers...

while goodfoot vancouver is the only one to actually carry the line in-store, all stores have access to the inventory and they can order for you. at least that's what the guyat the mtl store offered to do for me.

I second the person who said Visvim needs a 10.5. I usually wear 11.5 in Nikes and Vans but I got a 10 in the Logan Mids. I couldn't believe that they actually fit when I tried them on, I'm sure the 11s would have been too big. They are a little snug but I heard that the Elk leather tends to stretch so I think they will work out perfectly, so glad I finally got them.

really? the one in calgary DEFINITELY didn't carry visvim, or anything else worth buying for that matter, maybe i'll phone them up and see what they have in stock, do you have any idea how visvim fits in comparison to vans?

I was there at GDFT Calgary during Calgary Stampede and they had FBT's and some other stuff. $350 + tax for FBT

Ok, some of you were curious about impressions on the bag. Well, I just used mine for the first time today, and I must say that my own impressions have changed after actually using it. First, when I bought this thing I didnt really have a chance to try it on as ppl were scrambling to get one so I just bought it. Then when I got home and tried it on I was admittedly kind of regretting spending so much money and seriously thinking about selling it because:

It cost so much fucking money

It is gargantuan

It didnt fit well

However, after having used it today I must say that I am now rather happy with it. This is the first messenger style bag I have ever had, and so I think it will also take some getting used to, but the main thing I noticed is that when there is some stuff in the bag it really makes the bag fit better. Also, I am a relatively small person and while the bag is big it is not unreasonably so. Some gripes about the bag are as follows. the bag is a perfect rectangle, so when you wear it your elbow will rub/hit the bottom corner, and the opposite top corner sticks out past the shoulder. It would have been nice if they acounted for this and made it a bit pear shaped, but not too much like some of those horrid messengers ive seen elsewhere where the bag actually does have a pure pear shape. Perhaps it would have taken away from the overall asthetic of the bag? Next, there is a very usful zipper pocket on the outside flap; however, it is not really all that accesible when you swing the bag down off your shoulder, more attention to detail

could have been good here. My left shoulder hurts! tough shit I guess. Other than these few things I cant complain. The bag looks fuckin killer, and it smells great (leather!). You can carry everything that you need ands some shit that you think you MIGHT need. It has ipod and laptop specific compartments too.

Also, I was thinking about the price, and if you compare it with a similar sized designer bag it doesnt really seem that bad. Additionally, if you bought the regular one and not the UC one its cheaper.

Hope this helps anyone one the fence.

Cheers

N.

PS edit: Ill post some pics of mine soon.

I totally agree your opinion...but I still wonder why they make it too big !! I am thinking to resell it after I use couple more days....I just heard that it will have a new FBT release at 25 Aug, it's the crossover of visvim and chapterworld...did any one have photo of that FBT...share share pls...

I E-Catted my way through the airport today, and it saved me from having to buy another stupid suitcase to carry shit back. I love you E-Cat :D . I agree with chromesquared that the bag looks and fits slightly better when it has stuff inside.

Anyways I've never heard anything about Kiefers being toe crushers and mine fit pretty well...but it is pretty snug so maybe people with bigger feet would have a problem?

^ Rirawan have you got any keifers or logan hi's to compare the sizing against fbt's, mjt's, 7holes or nam jams?

my FBTs are a US10 fit perfectly

my logans are a US8.5 and they still fit big, i use the insole from my FBTs and they fit better now...

id say go a full size down with logans

^ Rirawan have you got any keifers or logan hi's to compare the sizing against fbt's, mjt's, 7holes or nam jams?

i have a pair of shakers in 11, and tried a pair of the checkered keifers in 11 as well... keifers has a bit of wiggle room where th shakers were just right..

now my question is.. if i fit just right in the fbt shakers in 11s, will i be able to fit into double rings in 11 as well??

i have a pair of shakers in 11, and tried a pair of the checkered keifers in 11 as well... keifers has a bit of wiggle room where th shakers were just right..

now my question is.. if i fit just right in the fbt shakers in 11s, will i be able to fit into double rings in 11 as well??

depends whether or not you have fat feet. length-wise, they fit exactly like the shakers. width wise, they are noticeably more narrow. and yes, fbt's fit exactly like shakers. and yes, i'm a size 11 with D width feet.