Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to grey one, they should be receiving their shipment on the 18th.

Wait, Grey One is carrying Visvim? I have always been disappointed at their shoe collection. I am not even sure why they carry them. They rarely (ever?) have any exclusives. I don't even know if they have a good tier with the companies. Their clothes are great though.

• 3 weeks later...
finally got my kiefers in black. friggin awesome pair of shoes.. its a waste they had to put f*** on the front though, i hate that.

thinking of using some color pencil to color over it. LOL

hehe yea I was thinking the same about some of the texts. post pics of them worn!

Oh, I got them for free.
but you get a ballistic mesh bag + skate tool at that price.

i got a pair of them. so sick.

That was totally my fault. I was saying fuck the Visvims (logans). The ballistics are bad ass, and I wish I bought a pait. I am saying fuck Visvim (logans). Sometimse I wonder if the Japanese have a creative bone in their body. I know Visvim has come up with some cool designs, but overall they get no slack from taking a popular model and adding some expensive touches.

Jackets I can understand, but skate shoes? Come on, go fuck yourself HN.

That was totally my fault. I was saying fuck the Visvims. The ballistics are bad ass, and I wish I bought a pait. I am saying fuck Visvim. Sometimse I wonder if the Japanese have a creative bone in their body. I know Visvim has come up with some cool designs, but overall they get no slack from taking a popular model and adding some expensive touches.

Jackets I can understand, but skate shoes? Come on, go fuck yourself HF.

If you are going to bash Visvim at least get your facts straight. For the last time, Hiroshi Fujiwara has very little to do with Visvim. The owner/head designer of Visvim is Hiroki Nakamura.

.... Come on, go fuck yourself HF.

If by HF you mean Hiroshi Fujiwara, you're wrong!

I'll agree with you that some of their designs aren't completely new and these shoes aswell as the Zahra's are basicly just Vans gone in overdrive, but most of the stuff they've released is actually really creative for as far as I'm concerned.

edit: England beat me to it, heh.......

How is this different than Japanese repros vs. Levis?

I just purchased a pair of white Zahra's ($100) on sale to go along with my fledgling collection of one pair (FBT Ancestor).

While I always wondered and admired Visvim shoes from afar, it wasn't until I handled & tried on a pair that I realized the reason for clamor. Just the slightest tweak (construction, materials, etc.) can make the ordinary extraordinary.

While I always wondered and admired Visvim shoes from afar, it wasn't until I handled & tried on a pair that I realized the reason for clamor. Just the slightest tweak (construction, materials, etc.) can make the ordinary extraordinary.

Second that! First time I had a pair on my feet I instantly knew I would have to get more at some point in the not so distant future, these shoes are here to stay!

How is this different than Japanese repros vs. Levis?

I just purchased a pair of white Zahra's ($100) on sale to go along with my fledgling collection of one pair (FBT Ancestor).

I don't buy Japanese Repos for the same reason I wouldn't buy Visvims Logan or Madfoots. The aspect that I enjoy most from Japanese fashion is their ability to pay close attention to detail while maintaining functionality. They can take a m-65 that can be purcahsed at any surplus store for about $50 and flip it for $300 and I would still buy it, and that is because they offer a new cut and some more features.

But, what is occuring now seems like overkill. Elk skin for skate kicks? My comments pertain to this particular detail. There are several pieces I like from Visvim. I am fine with their price points. What I am commenting on is this particular pair of shoes.

Some are too quick to vent, and that seemed to be my particular problem.