Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007

englandmj7

what the hell are you guys talking about, ancestors ARE FBT, just like coyote and shaman

They are indeed different my friend. They have a completely different-shaped sole which has alot more of a drastic 'slant' downward and is alot more 'sporty.' I personally was not a huge fan, but they were certainly not the same as FBTs, etc. I guess it is hard to see from the catalogue pics.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed different my friend. They have a completely different-shaped sole which has alot more of a drastic 'slant' downward and is alot more 'sporty.' I personally was not a huge fan, but they were certainly not the same as FBTs, etc. I guess it is hard to see from the catalogue pics.

and whose catalog was it? hehe.

of course i know the different outsole they're using, but it's clearly referred as "FBT ancestor" on the online catalog i have. i wish i can show you the screen capture. you can see the shoebox itself saying "FBT ANCESTOR"

I believe you. I thought that you just meant that they were exactly the same shoes as Shamans, etc. only with a smaller flap.

milspex, is that why you've stopped psotnig?

I just cant be fucked anymore. just getting old and tired and washed up and sick of 16 year olds posting their `fits` (ie dior jeans) , easier just to act like a dick..haha...I`ll start posting in WAYWT again one day I guess. just not in the mood lately..

it's good that they stopped making FBTs.

they made enough time to move on although FBT anchestors build on the same mocassin design.

i want them to bring back the koonig but i'm fine with them not bringing back. if you slept then you just gotta hunt for it.

i'm still looking for a pair of white elk FBTs. those things are insane!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a pair of DS White Kooning Elks in size 10. Let me know if you want them.

what the hell are you guys talking about, ancestors ARE FBT, just like coyote and shaman

I know that man. The full name of the shoe is the FBT Ancestor. All I'm saying is that I'm not feeling the new design. I'm not quite as dumb as I look.

Also a (sort of) sneak peak at the 2007 s/s from edc's blog:

vis07ss.jpg

Any recent updates on the latest backpacks? Since the first post, I've seen nothing here or elsewhere about updated ballistic/hypatex.

I'll be in Tokyo for the last week of this year...hopefully Visvim have not abandoned backpacks and that I'll be able to pick one up at F.I.L.

Anyone comment on the use of their backpacks to carry a laptop (just bought a MacBook)?

Thanks rirawin...I've got a 13" MacBook. Does it have a special compartment/pouch built in or do you just throw it in and let it slide?

I seem to remember you saying how much you love the cordu. I should've bought the hypatex with that funky cloth bottom from the SF member a while ago...quite a discount.