THE GROSSEST FOOD YOU EVER ATE (or couldn't eat)

cult was that rodizio in nyc?

ive had a few of those at seabra's in newark but id really like to try some roo

the rodizio i went to is actually a little outside of the city, in westchester.

however, i'm sure that at least one of the many rodizios in the city might

offer the same, if not similar assortment of meats. i'd look em up on

www.menupages. and see/call and ask.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicken i often end up at kenka after a night of drinking and last time i was there the table next to us ordered some sort of penis

after your story im half tempted to overcome my anti-genital-ingestion bias in the near future

cult was that rodizio in nyc?

ive had a few of those at seabra's in newark but id really like to try some roo

kenka! that's a good place to eat and drink. their specials are interesting. i would like to know where cult went for his exotic food, too.

EDIT: thanks for the info, cult.

a sweet marinated grasshoppers.

i would not have eaten it if i weren't that drunk.

never again would i challenge a dare.

i grew up eating pickled crickets, and never thought twice about what i was being fed. tastes like many of other japanese pickles, except a bit crunchier.

ahahaha, I came in here to post Balut, sure enough it's the first post!

On Durian, I ordered a "Three Bean Shake" from a asian grocer, and I guess they thought I said "Durian." So I got this shake that smelled like rotten eggs and sewage, and started gagging as soon as I brought the straw to my lips. It was the only time I've sent food back.

if i really think about it, one of the grossest thing i ever ate was:

one time, when i was a little kid i was hanging out alone at my house. the only food i found was a cup-o-noodle. i knew i needed to boil some hot water, but i didn't know how to turn the pilot lamp on the gas oven. this was also before i knew i could nuke water.

so out of desperation, i decided to just pour some water in the cup and wait a little longer than normal. i figured if it wook 3 minutes for hot water, it should take about 10 minutes with water.

well, i waited for a long time, but it never got quite right. i ate it anyway because i was starving, but the ramen and the fake shrimp/veggies were still hard enough to make it difficult to eat, but soggy enough to be gross.

oh, and shaved ice with beer instead of using a syrup was pretty bad, too.

so out of desperation, i decided to just pour some water in the cup and wait a little longer than normal. i figured if it wook 3 minutes for hot water, it should take about 10 minutes with water.

Ahahahaa, thats fucking gross!

I just remembered a time when I was out playing, and really reeally thirsty. So I run inside and grab the jug that we ALWAYS kept oranage juice in. I pour a huge glass and start gulping when I realize that my mom had put chicken broth in it! One of the grossest tastes I've ever experienced

Onemancult's post reminded me of some of the odd meats I have enjoyed, although they were not 'disgusting' by any means:

In Thailand I drank a shot of cobra's blood chased by the snake's heart (still pumping) in a glass of whiskey. Cost $35 and tasted like shit.

In Kenya, we ate at a restaurant serving every type of game imaginable:

- Wildebeest

- Giraffe

- Crocodile

- Zebra

- Gazelle, etc.

From what I remember (I was 7) they were all pretty decent.

Speaking of game, if any of you are ever in LA, be sure to make the small trip out to Malibu's Saddlepeak Lodge. They serve elk, antelope, and buffalo that are excellent.

http://www.saddlepeaklodge.com/

Another food that bothers me, in addition to live monkey brains, is honeyed bear paws. Christ people..........

Boiled duck foot (the bones and webbing can get to you)
Ya, thats probably the weirdest thing I have eaten. There really wasn't much to eat, just skin and webbing.

I'm sure I have eaten plenty of dog/cat/rat/magical unicorn/aborted fetus from street vendors in mexico. Can't say any of it was ever gross though. In fact its all REALLY good.

^ yeah, chicken heart is pretty bland, and the texture's boring. gizzards are more fun.

england -- amazing list of experience.

johnny -- i know that feeling, when you put something in your mouth expecting one thing and getting something completely wrong.

Ahahahaa, thats fucking gross!

I just remembered a time when I was out playing, and really reeally thirsty. So I run inside and grab the jug that we ALWAYS kept oranage juice in. I pour a huge glass and start gulping when I realize that my mom had put chicken broth in it! One of the grossest tastes I've ever experienced

this happened to me once after a big party I had at my house. I woke up with a massive headache and a thirst that I had never experienced before. I spotted a big cup in the living room with a clear liquid, which I of course took to be water. I downed it like there was no tomorrow, only to discover that it was old leftover tequila and sprite (obviously now flat) from the night before. NOT GOOD.

this happened to me once after a big party I had at my house. I woke up with a massive headache and a thirst that I had never experienced before. I spotted a big cup in the living room with a clear liquid, which I of course took to be water. I downed it like there was no tomorrow, only to discover that it was old leftover tequila and sprite (obviously now flat) from the night before. NOT GOOD.

Mmmmm........

I remember this tragic dilemmia I faced once while I was staying at my grandmother's house in Liverpool. At the time my favourite food above all was steak, so she made me one specially. I took a bite, and it was the most wretched shit to ever see the inside of my mouth. I don't know if it was because bad meat quality, whether she boiled it, or whatever. The worst part was that she had already eaten, so she was just sitting there watching me. Ugh. It was hard to even swallow. I managed to eat about three quarters of it, then said I all of a sudden felt sick and needed to lie down.

Lesson #1 in Being a Man: If your grandmother is being nice to you in any way, you do whatever the fuck it takes to make her happy.

Good job, Hocus Pocus.

Lesson #1 in Being a Man: If your grandmother is being nice to you in any way, you do whatever the fuck it takes to make her happy.

Good job, Hocus Pocus.

reminds me of this time my Japanese grandparents came to visit us here in the states when I was really, really young, and I created this vile "pancake" batter made mostly of baking soda if I remember correctly. I somehow convinced someone to fry it up on the griddle, and they ate it, AND told me it tasted excellent.

so... I guess that's a lesson in being a grandparent.

but that might have cured your hangover right there. a little hair-on-the-dog.

funny chicken, i did exactly the same thing

worst was how the powder didnt really all dissolve

exactly!

Rattlesnake? Have we covered that one yet?

i've had a little rattlesnake around sedona arizona before, but little being the key word. i don't know if it was a little rattlesnake or what, but there was a lot of bones and not a lot of meat. and i believe it was dried in the sun or something because it had a jerkey-like texture. and it tasted a lot like the dried lizards i had in japan before. i know i'm not helping too many people with the reference, but oh well.

and hurray to the old people. if we're lucky, we'll become them, too.

Old people are the only people in the world who can be amazing and totally suck at the exact same time, and for that they deserve our respect.

imaginary rep! (out of rep for the day)

I used to eat sea cucumber with relish, because I thought it was the oceanic version of the vegetable. Plus it was sliced up just like vegetables. Then I watched PBS one day, and they had a documentary on floor-dwelling sea creatures...:eek:

echinoderms4.jpg

65009220_3982dad1cf.jpg

Also, I once ate at the California Pizza Kitchen and found a really coarse and curly pube in my salad. I have not been back since.

i've had a little rattlesnake around sedona arizona before, but little being the key word. i don't know if it was a little rattlesnake or what, but there was a lot of bones and not a lot of meat. and i believe it was dried in the sun or something because it had a jerkey-like texture. and it tasted a lot like the dried lizards i had in japan before. i know i'm not helping too many people with the reference, but oh well.

Funny, Sedona was the location of my first and only rattlesnake consumption as well. I had mine cooked in some way though, not dried. Tasted like chicken, texture was unpleasant though. I'd eat it if I had to. But I don't.

• 2 weeks later...

back up

I was having a great time drinking with my co-workers like 5 years ago, and we went all out, had Korean BBQ, soju and beer, went to another place and had drinks, went to a karaoke and everything, and as soon as I stepped out of the karaoke there was a random foodcart selling assorted things, including boiled silkworm larvae (bbundegi in Korean) and me, at 20 years old and wanting to impress my older female co-workers, said 'hell yeah!' and sprung for a cup of larvae. We shared the cup and I probably had 3 or 4 in my mouth, chewed a little bit, and then every bit of dinner that went down earlier came back up with a fury. Within 10 seconds I was shoved in a cab and sent home and I don't think I ever got to fully explain to my co-workers afterwards that eating silkworm larvae is wrong.

To note, boiled silkworm larvae looks like a pot of dark, diseased maggots and smells like a vat of boiling piss and burning hair.