THE GROSSEST FOOD YOU EVER ATE (or couldn't eat)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

durian? round here they say it smells like him and tastes like her. Can't quite get what all the fuss is about if I'm honest.

Japan has the edge on grim food. In reverse order of grimness I shall in fact list for you the depths of joyless cuisine forced upon me by sake soaked salary men.

3) Marinated squid guts

2) FERMENTED marinated squid guts

1) Chicken boiled in whale sperm.

I win

Thankyou

Goodnight

• 5 months later...

My dad has horrible stories of business dinners when we lived in Hong Kong.

Most notable of these occasions was at a dinner with several high ranking officials of the Chinese government where they dined upon monkey brains scooped out of the monkey's head whilst it was still alive and strapped to a hole cut in the table. Even my dad, who is a hunter, etc. was quite disturbed by the ordeal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_brain

Other notables include slug, and horse penis (which is apparently, a HUGE honor to be served at business dinners)........try picking that up with chopsticks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/02/17/wfood17.xml

I ate a scorpion and cockroach last time I was in Thailand.....I'm not as adventurous as the old man.

5 month expired yogurt was pretty gross. My body somehow digested it. No vomiting but i certainly ripped ass, burped and had the squirts after. Just thought you'd all like to know.

durian smells bad but it's not the worst thing in the world.

on my quest for protein bars, i decided to try myoplex deluxe cuz they're packed with protein and were somewhat decently priced..

myoplex_deluxe_bars.jpg

tastes fucking TERRIBLE. like egg yolk mixed with crushed cardboard.

once paid a visit to a rodizio that served the usual cuts of meat at around 9pm and, as the night progressed, brought out the good stuff.

in one sitting, over the course of a few hours, i managed to ingest a piece of every animal imaginable. some highlights included:

armadillo

snake

alligator

porcupine

dolphin

elk

lion

kangaroo.

my quest in life, however, is to taste penguin.

Arby's

10chars

oh shit, i had arbys today for lunch, i am at the training site and not at my regular job. it was so fuckin disgusting i doubt ill go back anytime soon.

once paid a visit to a rodizio that served the usual cuts of meat at around 9pm and, as the night progressed, brought out the good stuff.

in one sitting, over the course of a few hours, i managed to ingest a piece of every animal imaginable. some highlights included:

armadillo

snake

alligator

porcupine

dolphin

elk

lion

kangaroo.

my quest in life, however, is to taste penguin.

i usually read threads bottom to top so i missed this. you've eaten elk. lion and kangaroo, what is that like. i am fairly adventurous in my eating and this sounds so interesting.

My dad has horrible stories of business dinners when we lived in Hong Kong.

Most notable of these occasions was at a dinner with several high ranking officials of the Chinese government where they dined upon monkey brains scooped out of the monkey's head whilst it was still alive and strapped to a hole cut in the table. Even my dad, who is a hunter, etc. was quite disturbed by the ordeal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_brain

holy shit...eating the brains of a monkey sometimes even when its still alive, thats fucking disgusting to me.

elk was kind of off putting, the smell of it was very strong, very gamey taste.

sort of like, as one would imagine, bolder venison.

lion meat was kind of tough and a little stringy, but it was seasoned well so

it tasted pretty good. i don't remember what 'cut' of lion it was, and i'm not

even positive it was legal for this place to be serving lion...

kangaroo was fucking awesome though. tasted like beef, much leaner however.

it even had similar graining and marbling as some cuts of steak, but it tasted

way, way better. i could go for some kangaroo right now.

Weird shit I've eaten was at a fondue restaurant in Saratoga: Alligator, Buffalo, Wild Duck, Wild Boar, Venison, Kobe, Ostrich, and Octopussy. It was pretty good, marinated in red wine and sake. But rather expensive :|

Grossest shit I've ever eaten that I could remember recently was pure concentrated homogenenion milk into physical form. I thought it was sweet candy but apparently it tasted like straight up whole fat milk x 1000.

kangaroo was fucking awesome though. tasted like beef, much leaner however.

it even had similar graining and marbling as some cuts of steak, but it tasted

way, way better. i could go for some kangaroo right now.

Kangaroo is really nice actually, I've eaten emu too, so that's both Australia's coat of arms animals...

wallaby.jpg

Wallaby (sort of like a small kangaroo) is actually nicer than roo, not as tough, and more flavorsome.

I've tried natto and uni, didnt really enjoy either of them, but would eat it again.

One the streets of Sukhumvit and Silom, you'll find mobile stands selling deep fried grasshoppers, cockroaches, maggots, silkworm cocoons, giant water beetles and bamboo worms. Once in a while, there will be some fierce looking scorpions.

The deep fried insects don't taste like much, just kinda salty and crunchy (I've only eaten the grasshoppers). One of these days, I'm just going to have to Fear Factor the whole stand after coming out of the bars around Soi Cowboy.

"Real" Chinese food, not your usual General Tao's or sweet and sour chicken can be tough to eat. I don't think I could do the raw jellyfish. Boiled duck foot (the bones and webbing can get to you) and fried whole pidgeon was pretty bad....

Goya is good ..

balut is fucking gross and quite foul ..

Just like the other day watching fear factor I thought to myself " everyone that eats teh shit on this show should be shot dead "

nasty .. just nasty ..

goya isn't so bad. if you cook it with tomatoes it lowers the bitterness. true fact.

That fetus egg is also enjoyed in Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine. It is supposed to be very good for pregnant women.

I'm particularly keen on eating odd foods and do not have any qualms--moral or otherwise--about trying meats like dog, cat, or in this case a live monkey brain.

chicken i often end up at kenka after a night of drinking and last time i was there the table next to us ordered some sort of penis

after your story im half tempted to overcome my anti-genital-ingestion bias in the near future

cult was that rodizio in nyc?

ive had a few of those at seabra's in newark but id really like to try some roo