Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

picked this up off eBay a little while ago:

740d4841.jpg

c86c8879.jpg

1950's Hanyes Windshield sweatshirt. Fits great expect the sleeves are way too baggy. Probably going to have them fixed very soon.

Anyone know anything about this particular make of Russell sweatshirts?

925155a6.jpg

i've got a crewneck & a hoodie that i've had for years but haven't been able to find any information on them.

american eagle made one a few years ago thats really close.

I think it only came in one color and one design.

V at neck, wide waist and arm band and slim cut.

It's pretty close....

here's one on ebay1352_1.JPG

Didn't notice your post. My apologies.

That's just my size an'all. Hands off you lot. I'm having that!!!!!

That's the item on ebay I mentioned earlier in the thread...check the link I posted just up the page...

• 1 month later...

I've been a lurker here a while so I'm hope I'm forgiven for posting a link to something I'm selling as my first post. I see a few of you have mentioned Whitesville sweatshirts in this thread. After much difficulty I managed to get one from Japan last week. I was gutted when it turned out to be too big for me, though. As a result I'm selling it. All I've done is try it on. It's never actually been worn. This is the exact same sweatshirt:

th.df2b2c3909.jpg

and here's the link to item on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130302070956&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

That;s lovely. But too big for me too :(

I've been a lurker here a while so I'm hope I'm forgiven for posting a link to something I'm selling as my first post. I see a few of you have mentioned Whitesville sweatshirts in this thread. After much difficulty I managed to get one from Japan last week. I was gutted when it turned out to be too big for me, though. As a result I'm selling it. All I've done is try it on. It's never actually been worn. This is the exact same sweatshirt:

th.df2b2c3909.jpg

and here's the link to item on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130302070956&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Thank you Mr Black. It's even better when you have it in your hands and feel the weight and quality of it. I'm so gutted it's a couple of inches too big for me. It's the best 50s reproduction sweatshirt , I've seen

If anyone wants any further photos of the actual one I have drop me a line :-)

^^Must have been originally sold from VARI on Rakuten. That's the same model that was wearing an Eternal shirt I bought from there.

Damn I spend waaay too much time looking at Japanese repro stores on Rakuten...

If you want to pick up another in your size then just use the link here.

You can order by using the Super-Rag English guide to Rakuten. I've done this many times and ordered almost every garment under the sun with no problems (apart from the occasional sizing issue that is entirely my fault).

• 4 weeks later...

i came across a set of old skinhead (great style!) photos on flickr and was looking through them. some great jeans in there, but was especially excited by THIS. how amazing is that crewneck?! (sorry couldn't post the image directly for some reason...blocked?)

oh, and some of you might be interested in THIS ...measurements sound odd.

i came across a set of old skinhead (great style!) photos on flickr and was looking through them. some great jeans in there, but was especially excited by THIS. how amazing is that crewneck?! (sorry couldn't post the image directly for some reason...blocked?)

oh, and some of you might be interested in THIS ...measurements sound odd.

Wow, thanks Man, that really brings back memories - I had three of those exact crewnecks, when I was about 14-15, all identical (Blue, grey and 'wine') and all from me Mam's catalogue. Wish i'd kept one of them now...

Wow, thanks Man, that really brings back memories - I had three of those exact crewnecks, when I was about 14-15, all identical (Blue, grey and 'wine') and all from me Mam's catalogue. Wish i'd kept one of them now...

the one with the levi's patch art screened on the breast? 3 colors?! certainly would have been a fine centerpiece to your LVC collection.

i would love to stumble across one of those today... such a great, simple sweatshirt. i guess i'd take one in any and every color they made given the chance.

...one more thing to hunt for, i suppose. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Check out Hinoyas own brand burgus plus, they go up to 48 inch chest (true size). http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/h-001/

I havent tried myself but they are very cheap compared to other brands.

Apparently, and quite unlike their denim, the quality on these isn't the same as the brands they are trying to emulate.

Check out Hinoyas own brand burgus plus, they go up to 48 inch chest (true size). http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/h-001/

I havent tried myself but they are very cheap compared to other brands.

Don't waste your money on those, i've seen them in person many times, you might as well buy a Champion brand crewneck or just go to Target and pick them up. It's poorly made and the material isn't anything like what the other Japanese brands use.

Don't waste your money on those, i've seen them in person many times, you might as well buy a Champion brand crewneck or just go to Target and pick them up. It's poorly made and the material isn't anything like what the other Japanese brands use.

This is garbage. I own Buzz Rickson sweatshirts, Two Moon sweatshirts and Hinoya sweatshirts and I have had many vintage sweatshirts pass through my hands. The material used in the BR crewnecks is identical to material used in champion sweatshirts in the early 1950s. They are well made and true to 40s and 50s vintage examples that I own or have owned. Actually, the construction is much better quality than on vintage originals.

It is possible that Kiya wants you to buy the BR sweatshirts with the Bacardi Rum bat that he sells and so he is knocking a decent product that he knows nothing about.

Here's a fit pic of A Buzz Rickson Large

medium was too small and the large poofs out around the stomach

so as soft and comfortable as it is, I just can't get used to the fit so it's up for sale

Just copped a the same sweater (including colour) in a small from Vari. Based on their measurements it should fit sweet but the thing is just a tad too small. Pending a return for a M it may also be up for sale in the supermercado.

I've also ordered one of the BRxSE sweats in a medium and I'm a little concerned that the posted measurements are the same as those for the small on the Vari site.

X-posting fit issues from misleading internet size-guides in the shit you hate thread...

If I were you James I'd just keep the sweater. I think the fit looks OK. I've got a Whitesville that fits like that and I regularly wear it for the quality of the sweater alone.

This is garbage. I own Buzz Rickson sweatshirts, Two Moon sweatshirts and Hinoya sweatshirts and I have had many vintage sweatshirts pass through my hands. The material used in the BR crewnecks is identical to material used in champion sweatshirts in the early 1950s. They are well made and true to 40s and 50s vintage examples that I own or have owned. Actually, the construction is much better quality than on vintage originals.

It is possible that Kiya wants you to buy the BR sweatshirts with the Bacardi Rum bat that he sells and so he is knocking a decent product that he knows nothing about.

Got any fit pictures of your Hinoya? Are you saying that it's of equal quality to the BR and Two Moon?

Got any fit pictures of your Hinoya? Are you saying that it's of equal quality to the BR and Two Moon?

BR and Hinoya are of roughly equal quality and they are both hard to distinguish from vintage originals. They have different detailing and slightly different fit with a BR medium being baggier and boxier than a Hinoya medium.

I might post fit pics, but probably not anytime soon.

What's garbage is your sense of quality.

I never said buy Buzz Rickson, go buy Pherrow's, Real McCoys, Whitesville, Samurai, or any of the other 20 brands i don't stock.

I go to Japan 6 times a year purely for the reason of design work and to check out the factories and product expos for every brand imaginable. Hinoya's inhouse tees and sweats aren't nearly on par with any of the other brands they sit with, they produce them merely so that they have product to go along with their jeans for customers that are die-hard fans. Anybody with any knowledge of vintage wovens or fleeces will tell you that what the other Japanese companies are producing are not only true loopwheeled but have a far higher brush count than anything Hinoya has ever produced.

Edit: That's not a Bacardi Rum bat, it's a WWII fighter squadron from Southern California, straight copied from the original with only the word "Vampire" changed to "Rum".