Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

Buzz Rickson Loopwheeled Sweatshirt - Grey

Custom manufacturing of the heavy, 13-ounce all-cotton fleece fabricated on a vintage loop-wheeling loom

Four-needle, TUBE-Body construction and no side seams with lock stitch throughout

Vee-placket neck detail

Set-in sleeves

Four-inch cuff and waistband

Exact copy of the original-style rayon-on-cotton labels

True vintage fit for flattering appearance

Buzz Rickson's Premium 1930's & 1940's all-cotton athletic sweatshirts are proof that yet there is still hope in finding simple basics made with the care that Toyo puts into producing these. Made from 13-ounce 100% cotton fabricated on 1920's-vintage loop-wheeling machines, styled with all the correct features found on the old sweatshirts and cut to hug the body in a flattering form without bulk just as the vintage originals did.

This is the real deal, meant for those who crave a slice of the good old days to perfectly compliment a pair of Japanese selvedge denim dungarees.

Loopwheeled Sweaters:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=391

br_sweater_01.jpg

br_sweater_01_01.jpg

what do you think of the fit?

body width and sleeve length feel cool, but those definitely feel short for somebody used to modern days sweats with about 4cm more body length.

pls comment!

be advised that the real mccoy sweatshirts shrink up A LOT even after a cold wash. i bought mine from their store in daikanyama and they offered me washed samples to try on before purchasing and was happy they did because i ended up sizing up from a medium to a large and by most peoples standards even the large is too small.

be advised that the real mccoy sweatshirts shrink up A LOT even after a cold wash. i bought mine from their store in daikanyama and they offered me washed samples to try on before purchasing and was happy they did because i ended up sizing up from a medium to a large and by most peoples standards even the large is too small.

This is definitely true.. I've got one that shrunk one entire size once i washed it...

I recently got a Buzz Rickson sweat from Eastman in UK. I'm 5'8" and normaly wear 38/40 chest .I got XL , the pit to pit is approx 23" but the length of the sweat is just right for me, if you were 6 feet tall or bigger these would be up your back. I could probably got away with a large but this is definately not too big. Quality is outstanding !

So I just received my Rickson sweatshirt in XL and the fit is just a little bit roomier and longer than the perfect snug fit...what kind of shrinking should I expect from hot washing and drying? Will it shrink to the point that a washed and dried XXL would be smaller than an unwashed XL? Thanks in advance!

mine didn't shrink.

So I just received my Rickson sweatshirt in XL and the fit is just a little bit roomier and longer than the perfect snug fit...what kind of shrinking should I expect from hot washing and drying? Will it shrink to the point that a washed and dried XXL would be smaller than an unwashed XL? Thanks in advance!

anyone owns any sweats from Barns or Two Moon? I wonder about the quality since they are more affordable than real mccoys and other brands.

http://saddlemen.biz/products/detail1552.html

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/pirates/654808/837958/

I don't have sweats from Barns or Two Moons, but I have a woven and a T-shirt from them. Quality is great from most of these vintage repro brands. I think that you have to go more with fit / color / design when going for these brands. But quality wise, I would have to say they are all pretty incredible. Maybe I would put Toys McCoy at the top, but that would change tomorrow.

I have a couple of Two Moons--a crewneck and a hoody--that I've worn quite a bit. I also have a Buzz Rickson. The styling is pretty different--the Two Moons are much more 'modern' (not as billowy). They've held up very well to washing and wear, although I don't think the Two Moons are loopwheeled (not 100% certain on this), if that matters to you. For reference, I wear a medium in most shirts, and have a 40 chest, and I wear a 42/44 in Two Moon stuff for a fitted (but not too young) look. I like Two Moon sweats a lot--they seem to be going the repro-inspired route rather than try to make perfectly 'authentic' items, and I appreciate this.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can get a decent short sleeved sweat? Nothing too expensive, but with a decent slimmish fit and not too short.

• 4 weeks later...

I grabbed a Rickson's plain gray sweat about 2 months ago, and last night I looked down during dinner and realized i got a drop of olive oil heavy vinaigrette on it.... i dabbed the hell out of it with water; when it dried it was better, but still noticeable. Will a normal wash get this out or should i dry clean?

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get an original WMCA Good Guy sweat in a medium??

Been looking for one for a while. Could get a repro i guess, but an original would be way better.

Martin

I grabbed a Rickson's plain gray sweat about 2 months ago, and last night I looked down during dinner and realized i got a drop of olive oil heavy vinaigrette on it.... i dabbed the hell out of it with water; when it dried it was better, but still noticeable. Will a normal wash get this out or should i dry clean?

i don't see why a regular wash would be bad. for that type of stain (oil based), i'll usually put a dab of dishwashing detergent on it, let it soak in and then wash. with a sweatshirt, you don't want to tumble dry as that will shrink it as well as cause pilling on the inside. let it dry flat.

I don't think you can get any better than this. If it was my size I would be all over it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-Champion-Sweatshirt-Runners-Tag-UNWORN-M_W0QQitemZ250375609417QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item250375609417&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get an original WMCA Good Guy sweat in a medium??

Been looking for one for a while. Could get a repro i guess, but an original would be way better.

Martin