jubei

Vintage Sweatshirts

Lewis, any chance you'll be getting any loopwheeled sweatshirts without logos at any point...?

^^^^^^^ BIG has these, you just have to call them. They are without the printing. Also have Buzz Rickson and Samurai loopwheeled sweats. All without printing.

Lewis, how does the sizes run large on the SDA sweats ?

Guest lewis@noverre

SDA maybe making some without logo for the next AW season.

I am wearing a large. I am 5ft10 have a 41 inch chest and 34 waist and it fits with room. The medium is slightly too small for me so I guess you could say they are are fairly small fitting.

It's about to be sweatshirt weather here in Chicago, thought I'd revive this thread. I'm looking to get a nice sweatshirt, loopwheeled seems like it would be nice. Other than price, is there any reason to avoid them?

Also, since I don't wanna drop $250 on the Nike AW77xLoopwheeler, I'm wanting to get something plain. History Preservation has some Buzz Rickson which look nice, but their ordering process just seems so screwed up. I emailed BIG & Gordon said they should be getting some BR, Samurai, and SDA stuff over the next month or so. Any preferences out there? Besides the NikexLoopwheeler collab I don't think I could get a Loopwheeler without jumping through proxy hoops. I've found some Cushman stuff from an eBay store, but don't know much about them.

Does Reigning Champ make nice stuff? I know W+H is popular on here, but the whole vintage, loopwheel thing just has a certain charm about it the way shuttlel-loomed selvage denim does.

ps-anobody know of anyplace online (in the US) where they sell SNS Herning? I think I found one place in NYC, but the selection was very limited.

Guest patchmb

Cushman is good quality stuff. If the ebay shop you are referring to is Speedway then i can vouch for them. There is a link to their rakuten website from ebay where they sell toys mccoy's sweats as well. They also speak english & I found them great to deal with.

^Concur on the Real McCoy sweats - picked one a few weeks ago, very soft inside, timeless shape and design.

Please do! Pics if possible. Interested in acquiring a few of these.

jupp, pics as well. will arrive this week!

540-Grey-Sweat.jpg

hi Lewis - the RMCs look so good but can you tell me please, what's the weight of the SDA sweats? I think I might go for one with a logo- and be indiscreet ...

lewis, can you get smaller sizes in denim and shirts as well?

For comparison and sizing: Shirt Size - 42/T-Shirts - Large

Real McCoy 9oz. (Heather Grey/XL)

Edited by Turntabloid

For comparison and sizing: Shirt Size - 42/T-Shirts - Large

Real McCoy 9oz. (Heather Grey/XL)

damn turntabloid..where you getting all this moeny to buy all these shit? IH shirts mccoy sweaters?

damn. wanna buy me something for christmas?

I love that mccoy sweater though

this thread need more links to online sales and fit picks, ive been wanting one of these for forever, but just havent found that special one to pull the trigger on

damn turntabloid..where you getting all this moeny to buy all these shit? IH shirts mccoy sweaters?

damn. wanna buy me something for christmas?

I love that mccoy sweater though

every end of a month sb is sending money to my bank account - i guess i should tell them to stop. totally unethical, i know! :D

these are beauties:

binary.php?BCVID=432694&BinaryCodeID=534079

binary.php?BCVID=452119&BinaryCodeID=534162

perfect fitted sweatshirt. really long arms. long body. lightweight - for people like me who overheat extremely fast.

- carharrt capital sweat tee - (carharrt europe)

8.5oz. combed cotton makes a perfect finish.

fit pics will follow - they are amazing.

i am afraid not exactly vintage sweat though, sorry!

this might be off topic, but should one look to these same companies for t-shirts cut like those of the 40's and 50's?

Or better yet, what t-shirts did cultizm toss in with those 'jeans and a t-shirt' combos they were offering a while back.

robbie

If you mean the LVC t shirt and jean combo, they were Levi's (LVC) white t shirts.

Maybe have a look (start) here if there's anything like what you want you could research further? Other than that, most of the repro brands do tshirts (McCoys, Cushman, Buzz, etc.)

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/takeoff-c/c/0000000113/

yes, but beware!

unless your upper body is the square of your body width, you will not achieve a great fit in such a tee!

I tried on some similar SDA sweats in American Classics, but with some graphics that I didn't like, and they're quite fitted; not loose or baggy at all. The fit is similar to the McCoys above.

I tried them on too and the fit seems quite similar.

Looks like Lewis has plain SDA sweats now on his site.

I tried on some similar SDA sweats in American Classics, but with some graphics that I didn't like, and they're quite fitted; not loose or baggy at all. The fit is similar to the McCoys above.

Ahh - very good idea. I'll do that on Saturday then order one off Super Denim.