jubei

Vintage Sweatshirts

3 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Anyone familiar with Real McCoy's sweats?

I want to get a new loop wheel sweatshirt. Currently have a Strike Gold, Buzz, and my favorite being a Stevenson. The Stevenson is on an entire different level.

I haven't tried there newer loopwheel sweats but the ballpark sweats are the best out there in my opinion 

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think the newer Buzz Rickson sweatshirts are cut quite generously. I have one in a size L but probably should have bought an M. Consequently I wear it to slop around home in so it has lots of wear and washes. I can measure the length for you if you like.

Surprisingly, the Buzz (not worn since last wash) only measures approx 24.5-25” from (bottom of) back of collar to (bottom of) waistband. My size L, non-loopwheel National Athletic Goods double-v sweat measures about 25.5-26”.

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

@Geeman where do you buy yours from?

I actually got mine from RMC in Japan before they stopped shipping abroad, that's how long I've had it and it's still in great shape. Now I'd use RMC London 

May have to get an RMC. How does the fabric compare to a Buzz (newer version) or Strike Gold? Both of those have lost some softness due to washing and drying. The SG is almost too thick at times. 

13 hours ago, goodrain said:

on the topic of sweatshirts, @kiya how light/heavy is this sweatshirt compared to the Buzz or Strike Gold that you carry? It looks lighter but hard to tell how light.

https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1678&limit=10000

It's about the same weight as a BR sweat, but it's a bit softer and feels different because it's not as heavily washed so the hand-feel is different.