Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

• 1 month later...

Anyone have experience with the sizing on the Samurai loopwheeled freedom sleeve sweats BiG stocks.

They seem small going by the chest measurements, but i'm not sure how the p2p relates on a freedom sleeved sweat.

Also wondering how many oz. they are.

182340103eb91bd26477598f1c382eb4587a718f

older generation buzz size medium, I believe it's been washed and dried so I've achieved that belt line vintage length

1823401207e26f7220dd95fc489989c022bfb66a

Wilson JP from a few years back, love this one (pardon the wrinkles, it's time for a wash haha) tagged 36

18234052539a45d7c363c73283d91ff7bc90ae54

not really vintage but vintage inspired J crew from 2 years ago, tagged xs soft and comfortable, more modernized slimmer fit and smaller neck opening as well

for reference I'm 5'8, 160lbs "athletic" build

Edited by GregoryH

• 3 weeks later...

This was just discussed over in the t-shirt thread. It depends on when they were made. Real McCoy's stopped producing loopwheeled sweats for 2012-13. They are going to start making a few pieces again but only a few. Most will still not be looped.

Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters a whole lot to the overall quality. Anything McCoy's make is going to be top notch however it is manufactured.

I do remember reading that, however I figured that these might be from an earlier collection considering that they aren't being sold as a preorder like many of the items from F/W '13 are. I just figured that my first venture into the vintage sweat game should probably be loopwheeled.

Can any of you convince me otherwise?

Edit: After a bit of research and comparison between both the listing and the online catalog from McCoy's themselves, I can almost certainly conclude that the ones I posted earlier are NOT loopwheeled. Seeing as the catalog item number matches with the one on the Rakuten site and neither one mention the term "loop" or "wheel", I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that they aren't. Either way, I might cough up a few more dollars and order a similar Ball Park sweat from Inventory or Superdenim who both claim that theirs are both exclusive and loopwheeled. Unless again I am persuaded otherwise.

Edited by whozdrew?

It's a personal decision, so I don't think anyone should try to persuade you. But as someone who has handled many, many repro sweatshirts, I can say with 100 percent certainty that you will not know whether the shirt in your hands is actually loopwheeled or not, outside of the claims the brand or retailer puts forth. They are all incredibly high quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a National Athletics Goods terry sweatshirt in navy marl today. I love the fit and the fabric. Does anyone else have one or have any information on how much (if at all) these may shrink or stretch?

^I bought one a couple weeks ago. Have cold washed and hot tumble dried it once. It shrank a little over all but not a severe amount. Just a general kind of tightening up all round. I like it a lot. The one thing I actually didn't notice until I wore it the first time is the lack of a drawstring in the hood. I never use them anyway so I'm not bothered but it did strike me as a little odd.

Out of what I've felt the strike gold was my favorite fabric.  It would be perfect but the cut was not flattering on me at all, and I never really run into problems with fit.  

Deluxeware is also very nice, but I'm probably going to try to sell mine and size down for a more classic look...

I can not comment on Deluxeware although i recall S-town sings their praises.

If you scoot back a page or two http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/16458-vintage-sweatshirts/page-26 you can see the fit of both sweatshirts on afrocod, although both look very good you can see how short the body of the SG is compared to the excess material in the sleeves.

Strike Gold is ruled out on length. I know it doesn't REALLY matter but I would prefer my next sweatshirt to be loopwheel...

Loopwheel produces the best fabric. I think Real Mccoy's stopped using loopwheel because it wasn't cost effective. The Japanese repro brands are not outside of the market, they are governed by the same laws, the profit motive.