Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

I posted this some time back in the Left Field thread, but thought I'd repost here as well.

I picked up the indigo dyed loop terry crewneck sweatshirt a couple of weeks ago. This thing is awesome. I can't take it off. I highly recommend it, and I think it is going to age beautifully. Size large, 6'0 190 lbs.

8369659074_b75e61c4e8_b.jpg

8369659514_583c06cc98_b.jpg

8368593233_d25a70896c_b.jpg

8368593635_e88a25f031_b.jpg

I grabbed one of those as well about two weeks ago. It's a great sweatshirt, and it compares nicely to the other repro and original vintage sweats I have.

In terms of weight/thickness, it's in between my Buzz sweat and Fullcount sweat and heavier than all the true vintage sweats I have (the originals I have are late 50s to lat 60s I believe). The details are not all strictly vintage and the construction is not as "perfect" as the Buzz sweat.

All in all, I like it a lot and I think the indigo dye and overall fit are worth it for anyone interested in repro sweats.

I have a brand new Real McCoy's (Joe McCoy) Loopwheel Navy Long sleeve Sweat Shirt Size Large for sale.

Product code: MC11118 COL. 140.

Fit's perfect for a Large / 42" chest. One of the best out there terms of quality.

Looking for £140 plus shipping.

£135 for cash, collection from central London.

PM for further details.

Does anyone know how to restore the nap on a loopwheeled sweatshirt? It's Joe McCoy, been washed a load of times and unfortunately tumble dried once. Someone said something about brushing it earlier in the thread, what kind of brush are we talking about here and is there any specific technique?

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think of this Wings + Horn sweatshirt? It's on sale for $85.

[image]

W&H does a lot of this more modern-looking speckled sweatshirt stuff with contrast details and I don't like it for vintage looks. But it does work for a more streetwear appearance so it's your call if you want to go that route. Excellent price, so jump on it if you feel like you have the wardrobe to match it.

I'm thinking of going with The Real McCoy's or Strike Gold for a zip-hoodie, not sure how the two compare quality wise or what to do about sizing given shrinkage. Do you guys typically size-up to account for it, or do you find it stretches back out? Also, does it shrink in length, even with the zipper holding it all together?

Edited by misterjuiceman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've just received a Whitesville sweatshirt, Oatmeal, Large that I bought via a proxy. Annoyingly it fits too big for me. I was hoping it would fit a European/US medium but it's definitely a Large.

Shoulders: 20'

Chest: Just over 22"

Length: 27"

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vari/item/wv-sw-wv61080/

Gutted.

Anyone interested in this? Looking to recoup my costs of £96 plus post

Before I sell this... does anyone know if Whitesville sweats shrink significantly?

Other than the sizing, it's a lovely item. :(

recently purchased a joe mccoy 12oz sweat (size small) that fits tight and may be too small for me...it looks short in the body and the sleeves... thinking perhaps i should have taken a medium...how much will it stretch out with wearing? and how much will it shrink in the wash??

Got Pics and Prices?

Thanks

I have a red Self Edge x Buzz sweat in Med and a Black BR (old cut) in Medium if anyone is interested. I just have way too much stuff from Buzz and LW that I need to wear so these are kinda just sitting there. Would send em to a nice home where they would get worn for a cheap price.

I have a red Self Edge x Buzz sweat in Med and a Black BR (old cut) in Medium if anyone is interested. I just have way too much stuff from Buzz and LW that I need to wear so these are kinda just sitting there. Would send em to a nice home where they would get worn for a cheap price.

Would also be interested to hear measurements?

• 3 weeks later...

^

Yes, and one of the warmest sweats you'll ever wear. I've said it several times on here that in my humble opinion, Deluxeware makes the best sweatshirt on the market. If you get one, i'd love to get your opinion. 2nd carries everything they make.

I think I'm going to pick it up in the near future then. Only problem is that I'm also going to pick up a flat head sweat of a different type, gotta sell some stuff first... Also, how would you say sizing is? I'm a medium in mister freedom/iron heart/buzz, should i go medium or large for this? I'll definitely update when I get it. I should also post a quick review/some pics of my cushman...