Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

...The only very small issue that bothers me is the double neck V. If you see yourself from behind it looks like you have put your sweat on back to front. I am too picky for my own good sometimes.

If I remember correctly the Cushman also has this double neck V. While it's otherwise a great sweatshirt I'm not too fond of it either.

Someone say Cushman?

This was possibly the first time i dipped my toe in to the serious world of loopwheeled sweatshirts way back 2003ish

Amazing stitch detail to the shoulders, Very soft, short body, Logo is a peal off sticker.

I love this sweatshirt dearly.

8346912726_3b738504b5_c.jpg

8346912284_47d65bf4b0_c.jpg

8346913946_57a4d0740b_c.jpg

I dont think this sweat has been in production for many years, its fallen off my radar.

I wear a Med in old br and in Joc Mc. This is a large and is the snuggest fitting off all my sweats. to fit 37/38"

Even the packaging is nice, Wish i could say the same for the laminate flooring.

Nice collection double-o.

This thread revival has got me checking out rakuten for new sweats, the new style Buzz just doesn't cut it for me although i really like the subdued red color, i like my old one much better.

Someone say Cushman?

This was possibly the first time i dipped my toe in to the serious world of loopwheeled sweatshirts way back 2003ish

Amazing stitch detail to the shoulders, Very soft, short body, Logo is a peal off sticker.

I love this sweatshirt dearly.

8346912726_3b738504b5_c.jpg

8346912284_47d65bf4b0_c.jpg

8346913946_57a4d0740b_c.jpg

I dont think this sweat has been in production for many years, its fallen off my radar.

I wear a Med in old br and in Joc Mc. This is a large and is the snuggest fitting off all my sweats. to fit 37/38"

Even the packaging is nice, Wish i could say the same for the laminate flooring.

Vari has among others these by Cushman now:

cm-sw-26901-07.jpg

That was 2003, since then through sheer hard work, grit and determination i have strived to elevate myself into the utopian world of carpet ownership.

But how i yearn for those heady laminate days.

changing rooms? 60 minute makeover?

Edited by fre-co

^

You all probably know this, but one is called a "set in" sleeve, while the other is called a "freedom" sleeve. In case you ever want to search based on those. Flat Head and Deluxeware do some freedom sleeves as well.

With Cushman unfortunately, their freedom sleeve version has fewer color options. Still more than most though.

Thats a big old question i can only comment on maybe 5 of those. If your wanting a 1-9 maybe Kiya can help you out.

I guess I mean how respectable is DubbleWorks of a product, compared to other brands people have handled? if people HAVE handled DubbleWorks...

Not really, but thanks anyway. ;)

I was wondering because Denime is now owned by McCoys and they seem to produce a fair amount of sweats, prices vary significantly though, some are really cheap, others in the same league as the RMC's prices.

Dude, I would say that sweat is already way too big for you, You need to size down one.

What size is it? what build are you?

Really ? I'm 1,83m and 80kg (so not exactly a small guy). It's a M (Smallest size available i think).

I can't figure out how its supposed to fit. Maybe it's just not built for me.

Edited by JoeySullivan

BR sweats are supposed to be more fitted than that Joey. The shoulder seams overrun slightly and it is baggy around the trunk. The chest is OK and the arms great. The problem I foresee is that anything smaller is going to be too tight in the chest (a bit) and too short in the arms? It's all BR's fault. Still searching for an old version in XL (yes it's a hint to anyone who wants to sell me theirs).

^^ I owe you an apology, I could have sworn that was a Lg. You are a bigger build than me and i take a Med in BR albeit the old cut.

BT is right^ (he,s very bitter about it).

br-sw-br64676-07.jpg

This dude is a Vari staff member more rotund than you at 178cm 68kg wearing a med in the same BR sweat and it fits a treat.

He is shorter than you and the length/sleeves fit fine. Its the shoulders!

You just have to say to yourself that the new BR cut is just not for your body shape (mine neither),

Kiya has many great sweats in stock pick something else.

Forget brand names with sweatshirts fit is your fondest friend here followed by build/material quality.

Pssst^ BT -Edit-has hooked me up with BR in the past, might be worth a shot.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

didn't read this whole thread but saw some discussion way earlier on about the V stitch on the front and back. i was checking out self edge and stumbled upon strike gold's vintage style sweatshirts. self edge refers to the stitching as "V collar sweat catch". So perhaps the stitching wasn't just for aesthetic reasons but for practical ones, as well?

SG_CREW_NAVY_01.JPG