Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

My Barns sweat just came today, and I really like it. It feels a bit thinner than the Buzz sweats, but I might like the fit a bit more. My only issue with it is that it's a bit too light to be considered navy blue.

EDIT: Might have to take back what I said on the fit. The length is probably better with people with a normal torso length, but mine is extremely short.

Toys fit short in the torso, I sized down 1 from my Buzz size for a good vintage fit. They also don't stretch as easily as Buzz..

I can't speak for any company other than Buzz... but I just treat it like any other piece of clothing. Cold or warm wash and tumble dry low.

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well, but... the fact that this one's indigo dyed makes me a bit tentative... I don't want the dye to bleed all over the fabric and have it never fade :(

McCoy's is slightly thinner, with a finer nap.

im very confused about what joe mccoy and real mccoy... the basic grey sweater named mc9118 was released by real mccoy on 2009, but it was released by joe mccoy last year and named mc10118. so i guess they will name it mc 11118 and release this year...

Just got one of the Wilson JP loopwheeled sweatshirts from mdjd, fit is fantastic. It's a 36, pretty snug on the body. Definitely an awesome piece, right along with my Warehouse sweat. Possibly posting in waywt this evening. :D

do it

what colour did you end up with?

I own the oatmeal (?) one love it, amazing piece!

want to cop in grey so bad

i got the gray :D

fit pic and details to follow...

jealous as fuck...post those pics!

I guess this is as best of time as any, if anyone is looking to sell a grey buzz rickson or jp wilson sweat (medium buzz, 36 wilson) let me know!

long overdue comparison fit pictures of the Barns size small and buzz rickson size medium

when comparing them i was suprised the barns is a tad shorter in the length than the buzz. i always assumed the barns was longer but i guess the bottom band is less tight and so the buzz had a tendency to creep upwards, hence shorter. sleeves are obviously longer on the barns

wuhi_ab2_u31k.jpg

first up the barns (my kid came to join me for the photoshoot)

wuhi_778_u31k.jpg

wuhi_83e_u31k.jpg

buzz rickson

wuhi_4cf_u31k.jpg

didnt notice my kid was copying my style; hes ready for SuFu

wuhi_3c8_u31k.jpg

hope this can be of help James!

That's a huge help, thanks. Have you washed your Barns sweat yet? I just did, and it shrank a lot (though it may stretch back) making it fit much better. Strangely, my M Buzz fits almost identically to yours, but my M Barns seems a bit snugger than your S. Mine's a raglan though, so they may measure a bit differently.

And that last pic is hilarious.

what websites sell loopwheel sweaters in 34ish inch chest? BiG and selfedge only seem to sell in 36+

You sure you need a 34" chest sweater?

That would mean your actual chest measures about 30", that's near impossible.. A sweater should measure about 3" to 4" larger than your chest size.

Yeah, mike is right. VARI has the BR sweaters in about half a dozen colours, they ship internationally direct, and they are usually pretty well stocked. Unfortunately for you, they're out of the grey in M.

Go for red or navy, get a grey later! I've got about 6 BR sweaters that I live in all winter, and I'm still thinking about buying another one ;P

I'll post pictures and such later, but I think my navy Barns sweat is a bit too long for my short torso after wearing. I'm looking to sell it in order to buy a size smaller, so if anyone's interested then send me a PM. I've hardly worn it, and have the tags and whatnot if that matters to you. I'll let it go for fairly cheap as far as loopwheeled sweats go.