Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

I just got my Left Field loopwheeled sweatshirt in the mail and it looks and feels like it came from Kmart compared to my Buzz Rickson sweatshirt. Plus it has a hole in it. Time to send it back.

really ? I do love mine - construction is solid - nice soft vitage feel ? Maybe you just got unlucky...

I just got my Left Field loopwheeled sweatshirt in the mail and it looks and feels like it came from Kmart compared to my Buzz Rickson sweatshirt. Plus it has a hole in it. Time to send it back.

I just came across one of these. I would have to say I like the look and feel much more than the Buzzs. The BRs are definitely heavier, but it seems like the Left Fields have a little bit more details, plus the loop wheeled terry cloth is amazing.

I just came across one of these. I would have to say I like the look and feel much more than the Buzzs. The BRs are definitely heavier, but it seems like the Left Fields have a little bit more details, plus the loop wheeled terry cloth is amazing.

I bought a Left Field crew neck earlier this week. Fit is a little unflattering but that's kind of part of it I guess. Besides that I love the thing, super comfortable and I've worn it out once or twice this week and basically throw it on whenever I'm lounging. Can't compare to BR as I've never handled one.

E: Also I loved the tags and have been looking to buy a Left Field product for a while, as much as I love japanese repro it feels good buying american designed americana made in america.

I'd like to revise my earlier comments. I do like my Left Field crewneck, but for different reasons than I like my BR crewneck. The Left Field is much slimmer fitting, which is nice. The horizontal knit also makes it very easy to move in. The BR is insanely warm and soft. The fit is a little boxier, but it's a nice change. The construction is tip-top.

Getting the right fit for a sweat, especially if your long in the torso can be a pain. I have a Buzz XL and XXL and I love them both, even though they're different fits.

Here's my line up -

sweats004.jpg

From top: Hinoya in black, Buzz in green, Cushman in navy and an unbranded (salesman sample) two tone Vietnam era sweat.

I also have another Buzz in grey.

sweats005.jpg

Plus two Lvc models (the Hap Jones is waay too short!)

sweats006.jpg

Wow nice, I like the design on the medical center one. As a person in the medical field, I've always wanted to get something like that.

It was a salesman sample I picked up from ebay. Aeroleather had the originals for a while, but i think they didnt carry that particular motif.

It's well made, not a heavy like the Buzz or the Cushman, but it fits well, which is the main thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought this mid-weight reverse weave double V sweatshirt off a guy over in Japan recently. Either he cocked up on his measurements or he knowingly misled me, but either way it's too small. I'm in talks with him about it but in the meantime it's not really worth the hassle or expense of sending it back to japan so would any of you like dibs on it before I list it on ebay?

Measurements are:

Shoulder:44cm

Across the Chest:50cm

total Length:63cm

sleeves:59cm.

!BhWqyYw!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKiIErzIvtI10BLIvBpceDg~~_3.JPG

!BhWqzTgCGk~$(KGrHqIH-EQEsKzFdm7kBLIvBty+BQ~~_3.JPG

I'm looking for £45 incl postage in the UK. add another £4 o post overseas

Drop us a line if interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Garbstore is having a great sale on their line (among others), which includes a '50's-style crewneck and an A2-inspired hoody. I just ordered one of the crewnecks, along with a Japanese flannel. The crews and hoodies are 'premium weave, fleece back 450G'. Minus VAT and shipping, the crewneck was something like $55. Worth a try, I thought.

So I really wanna pick up one of these sweatshirts. I've been looking all over eBay for some good deals on any kind of reverse weave, double v, or vintage sweatshirts. Found a few but still wanna buy a brand new one. Besides BiG, SE, and History Preservation is there anywhere in the USA to get them? And also of the ones available through them which one has the best fit. I guess it would be out of Left Field, SDA, Buzz Rickson, Sam, and I think that's it really. I know it's been asked but just seeing who likes the fit of which one the best. Need something alittler on the boxy side.

Thanks