Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

3 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Anyone familiar with Real McCoy's sweats?

I want to get a new loop wheel sweatshirt. Currently have a Strike Gold, Buzz, and my favorite being a Stevenson. The Stevenson is on an entire different level.

I haven't tried there newer loopwheel sweats but the ballpark sweats are the best out there in my opinion 

5 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think the newer Buzz Rickson sweatshirts are cut quite generously. I have one in a size L but probably should have bought an M. Consequently I wear it to slop around home in so it has lots of wear and washes. I can measure the length for you if you like.

Surprisingly, the Buzz (not worn since last wash) only measures approx 24.5-25” from (bottom of) back of collar to (bottom of) waistband. My size L, non-loopwheel National Athletic Goods double-v sweat measures about 25.5-26”.

13 hours ago, goodrain said:

on the topic of sweatshirts, @kiya how light/heavy is this sweatshirt compared to the Buzz or Strike Gold that you carry? It looks lighter but hard to tell how light.

https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1678&limit=10000

It's about the same weight as a BR sweat, but it's a bit softer and feels different because it's not as heavily washed so the hand-feel is different.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, lefty said:

Does anyone have experience with a Tompkins knit shirt? I’ve been looking at the loop and weft offerings and was thinking about picking one up. 

I don't. But I think they look absolutely fantastic.

I like the old champion reverse weave sweaters. Especially how the blue and green fade over time. 
Any modern companies make a good similar cut sweater? Not looking to spend a ton. 

6 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I have a short sleeve one. It is nice, not like a Strike Gold or Stevenson nice, but still nice. 

The arms on the short sleeve aren't baggy, which really helps the fit.

Would you say it’s worth getting? I just don’t feel like paying in excess of $200 for a short sleeve sweatshirt. I’m not expecting the same quality as my Real McCoy’s hoodie.

17 hours ago, cmr_reed said:

Anyone have one of the Todd Synder x Champion sweatshirts? Looking at one of the short sleeve ones and just thought I'd ask.

I used to buy a lot of them when they were on sale for $25-75.  They’re ok.  However, I bought them before American Eagle bought Todd Snyder out so I have no idea about their quality today.  For their prices, I just do Buzz now.

1 hour ago, cmr_reed said:

Would you say it’s worth getting? I just don’t feel like paying in excess of $200 for a short sleeve sweatshirt. I’m not expecting the same quality as my Real McCoy’s hoodie.

I like it yeah. If you have been wanting one I recommend it. 

On 12/19/2019 at 12:47 PM, lefty said:

Does anyone have experience with a Tompkins knit shirt? I’ve been looking at the loop and weft offerings and was thinking about picking one up. 

Yeah I got the black Tompkins knit hoody last year and got the matching sweatpants a few weeks ago.

It’s definitely up there with my RMC loopwheel collection in terms of softness and comfort to wear. 

Big fan of Loop&weft their woolen knitwear really is special. 

• 1 month later...

I think it only happens with larger sizes as  each size needs it’s own specific machine and there aren’t machines of sufficient size available for the larger sizes to create a sweatshirt in a continuous loop so they require a side-seam.

35 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Why is it that some loop wheeled sweatshirts have side seams?

Loopwheel manufacturering gives a very small window of adjustable  shape. If they want to adjust, say to a slimmer fit, they do so by sewing together.

• 1 month later...

Got a few loopwheeler tops and always assumed that those are the chest measurements in cm as the T's have a slimmer cut than the sweats and loopwheeler just order one label that covers both?

I was thinking that, but it makes the medium quite wide for a sweatshirt. 23.6"?

Pretty bored .... so I decided to pass the time by taking some pics 

20200315_105619

As you can probably tell from my fit pics I'm not much of an extravagant dresser , it's mainly chambray shirts and sweats . My style doesn't change much either for different occasions  , when the the misses tells me to try and dress up a bit I usually just do up another button on my shirt . I always go for comfort so my collection of sweats serve me well 

( there is a few not pictured ... probably in the wash ) 

Nice collection there Flash, I'd like to get some more print/graphic sweats in the future.
I'd also like to try an afterhood, there's a nice YM Factory one in my size on Yahoo right now but I probably shouldn't spend the money.
i-img1200x1200-1583829078tzkvco470451.jp