Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

• 6 months later...
59 minutes ago, Frost said:

Bumping this great thread with a question: Anyone here got sweatshirts from UES?

I'd be interested to hear as well. Asked in the UES thread a while back but got nothing back. I had my eye on the sweat with the pockets in. 

On 6.2.2017 at 8:40 PM, Geeman said:

I'd be interested to hear as well. Asked in the UES thread a while back but got nothing back. I had my eye on the sweat with the pockets in. 

Well, we will (hopefully) have an answer soon. Just ordered one of their sweaters (as well as a pair of their chinos) - hope it will fit me!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to enquire, but I'm looking for a hoodie that's rather specific and was wondering whether any of you guys could help point me in the right direction.

I've always liked the look of LVC's 1950s hoodie where there are no drawstrings or zip, the hand warmer pockets are separate, and the sleeve and hem ribbings are a bit longer than usual. Does anyone know of any hoodies that have these details and are also loopwheeled? I was looking for either a light grey or oatmeal coloured one. I've seen some from SDA and The Strike Gold that come pretty close, but they usually have drawstrings and/or a single, connected hand warmer pocket.

Thanks in advance! =)

Just back to edit my post... Seems like the Duck Digger Lot 453 exists. Looks pretty neat, but I'll keep looking to make sure there's not something else I may like. Would still appreciate if others could chime in with some sweet alternatives!

Edited by propellerbeanie

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got my eye on an SDA loopwheel sweatshirt. Has anyone got one to give a view on how they fit and how they size after washing?

I'm L in RMC loopwheeled for a snug fit. The SDA sizing varies depending on the retailer from the retailers I've looked at.

All guidance appreciated! Thanks.

13 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I've got my eye on an SDA loopwheel sweatshirt. Has anyone got one to give a view on how they fit and how they size after washing?

I'm L in RMC loopwheeled for a snug fit. The SDA sizing varies depending on the retailer from the retailers I've looked at.

All guidance appreciated! Thanks.

Which one are you going for specifically? I own the suvin gold one so I can comment on that one, but no others.

41 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

It's the standard loopwheeled one, not the suvin gold though I must say that looks top notch. Would be interested in your view on the sizing and washing of the suvin dudewuttheheck. Cheers.

Haven't washed mine yet, but the Self Edge measurements are pretty accurate in my experience. It's an incredible piece. I love it.

I could compare SDA’s 9835 (2016/2017) and 9776ID (2015) to RMC set-in sleeve and raglan sweats (2015 or earlier)...

any particular measurements you are looking for?

C1A5B77B-D423-4FF1-8F0D-AE8F25E858C9.jpeg

almost forgot...

the RMcC and the "standard" SDA Indigo LoopWheel sweat are in size M - the Survin' Cotton LoopWheel sweat is in L - both have longer sleeves and the Survin Cotton has a longer body - all have a similar chest width, but the Survin Cotton is more rigid.

measurements - shoulder - chest - backlength (incl. neck rib, in cm):

Survin - 15/54/69
Indigo - 16/54/65

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4829.JPG

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

IMG_4832.JPG

IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a Buzz Rickson sweatshirt that they regularly run through the dryer? Looking for a solid crew neck that can stand up to regular washing/drying and I’m thinking about getting a Buzz sweat from Rakuten. Thinking maybe I should size up so I can run it through the dryer without worrying about the fit. 

I have one of their older ones before they came out with the revised fit that I've regularly washed and machine dried. It's probably at 5 years at this point and I've relegated it to home wear. I didn't notice much shrinkage, but the fit has become sloppier and it's lost much of its original softness.

1 hour ago, gumchum said:

I have one of their older ones before they came out with the revised fit that I've regularly washed and machine dried. It's probably at 5 years at this point and I've relegated it to home wear. I didn't notice much shrinkage, but the fit has become sloppier and it's lost much of its original softness.

Thanks for the info. I have an old Levi’s crew neck that’s at the same point as your Buzz. It’s about five years old and pretty much blasted. Currently between a Buzz from Rakuten and a McCoy ballpark sweat. 

Edited by orchestrion