Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

picked this up off eBay a little while ago:

740d4841.jpg

c86c8879.jpg

1950's Hanyes Windshield sweatshirt. Fits great expect the sleeves are way too baggy. Probably going to have them fixed very soon.

Six years later, the sweatshirt's seen better days:

image_zpsirxru4fv.jpeg

image_zpsgjra7nbo.jpeg

I think I'm going to patch it up, it's too comfy for me to let go of yet!

Loopwheeler have closed their online store! Anyone in Japan who would be up for picking me up something for me please PM me.

Glad I got my crewneck from them over the summer, it was definitely worth it!

I have a Strike Gold indigo dyed crew, I'll likely give it another wash soon and see if I can snap some photos.

It's really just lightened up over time, elbows have faded a little. I really like the color of it now.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone can help me out on buzz rickson‘s measurements?

i am a 38 chest and the shortest i do is 26 inches

Chest wise you would be a 38 or a small, Buzz run short since they are modeled after vintage sweats. The fabric isn't loop wheeled cotton though if that matters to you at all. You might get mininal shrink in wash+tumble dry, but in my experience it is purely cosmetic and will just revert to pre-wash measurements after one or two wears. I would got Medium if the length is a real issue honestly. It is a raglan type sweat it will be kinda bulky no matter what.

That being said anyone own the WH crew-necks. Tempted to cop one...

• 1 month later...

Cross-post from the Strike Gold thread.

Tried taking some photos of my indigo dyed crew sweatshirt today.

Not a ton of fading going on, some on the front and back of the arms.

It's really a lovely sweatshirt, I need to get a few more!
uzzzS7I.jpg?1

c5zLom2.jpg?1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, where can I find some good short sleeve sweatshirts? Been wanting to try one out.

The new collection from Mike Hodis called Runabout Goods seems to have one coming up but I haven't really seen any others that have caught my eye.

Guys, where can I find some good short sleeve sweatshirts? Been wanting to try one out.

The new collection from Mike Hodis called Runabout Goods seems to have one coming up but I haven't really seen any others that have caught my eye.

This is my specialty.. i have over 10 of them from every brand i've come across that makes one.  

My favorites are from Todd Snyder for Champion, Skull, & Buzz Rickson.  Though there is a new Stevenson one coming out this summer that looks promising.  

I pretty much buy every single one i see regardless of brand as long as it has zero or removable branding.

Edited by kiya

Hey thanks guys, I'm definitely going to look into the Two Moon and Fil Melange ones. Two brands I've never tried but I've looked into previously. Can't seem to find much info on any Buzz Rickson or Skull short sleeve sweats, I've seen the Todd Snyder Champion ones and wasn't into the look at the time but next time round I might try one out. I've also found that National Athletic Goods and (I think) Homespun make them every now and then. And if the Stevenson fabric is the same loopwheeled material they used on the recent oatmeal colored sweatshirts then I need to get my hands on one, that is my favorite sweatshirt fabric hands down! 

I think the Runabout Goods sweatshirts are going to turn out nice, here's some Instagram links.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF7_x9tgB1T/?taken-by=runaboutgoods

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF2Z7zLAB89/?taken-by=runaboutgoods

I have only a few requirements for the ones i buy, one of those is that the sleeves must be snug at the hem.
I don't want no baggy sleeved short sleeve sweater.  So the ones from Runabout or Fil Melange won't work for me.

• 4 weeks later...