Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

two of the sweats i picked up in Tokyo 

McCoys on the left Fullcount on the right 

IMG_20150911_114218_zpslr0ntyye.jpg

20150911_114146_zps3jebylhx.jpg

20150911_114200_zps505givoh.jpg

Like Aho i prefer the McCoys , the fit feels far better and more true to a vintage sweat but it would be a tough choice if i was to pick the better fabric because both feel great . ill take some pics of the indigo dyed Warehouse sweat i got once i find out where the wife has put it ..... 

• 4 weeks later...

Another option for a longer cut sweat is the McCoy's 10oz raglan sleeve sweat. Longer than their Ballpark sweats and the Strike Gold sweat that I own. I really like it and the weight makes it a bit more versatile than heavier options.

http://realmccoysnyc.com/collections/sweats/products/medium-weight-sweat-crewneck-grey-mc13021-020?variant=1013144923

I'm not sure how the 10oz sweater compares to the loopwheeled one (which is again different from the Ballpark classic sweat) but I have no complaints at all regarding the quality. It's super comfortable and gets better with wearing and washing. Just wish I had more than three or four months to wear it each year!

I think I did a comparison awhile ago...

976f7e15ec9c71aca6c678462fe281fe_zpsd893

I have all 3 of them.

What's your review between the 3 McCoys?

I have the Buzz Rickson and I am happy with the quality and weight, however the length is too short for me. Which would of the McCoys would you recommend?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Noticed your collection also has the National Anthem. I was also considering that sweatshirt since I can find it locally

Edited by sriracha hot sauce

Here are the 3 RMcC sweatshirts - raglan, set-in sleeve and the heavy, rigid Ballpark one.

6DEA9148-C2C0-41D2-86F1-F22F2558D0E7_zps

Details & workmanship is on a similar level - the most significant differences are the knits and cuts.

The raglan one is the flimsiest and softest, the Ballpark one's the heaviest.

The raglan has the most vintage type cut - wide chest, tapered to the hem, short.

Set-in sleeve on top of the raglan sleeve - sleeve width and length is very much the same...

B7DAE6FE-DC21-4890-9081-497B3991B1B0_zps

Please note that the size of the raglan one is L - all others are size M.

I have put the Ballpark sweat on top of the two...

5036AE47-8774-4D39-8FC2-97769EB0E857_zps

Let's take a look at Buzz Rickson and Anthem/Athletic...

F5F94F9A-BB65-4209-AC08-8146AB061977_zps

Both are more modern (straight body, little to no taper) and longer sleeves.

Buzz on top of the 2 RMcC's...

1722D3AD-79E4-4A28-ADD8-34CB61647EA3_zps

Anthem/Athletic on top of the 2RMcC's...

9D1AAACC-4C73-4DAD-8D5D-E41501A37DD4_zps

If you'd ask my cat he would recommend Buzz & Anthem/Athletic because he's cheap & easy.

066B18A3-9E54-4DED-8530-041A9FF96613_zps

Edited by Foxy2

Thanks Foxy2!

Is the raglan or set-in sleeve Loopwheeled?

Here are the 3 RMcC sweatshirts - raglan, set-in sleeve and the heavy, rigid Ballpark one.

6DEA9148-C2C0-41D2-86F1-F22F2558D0E7_zps

Details & workmanship is on a similar level - the most significant differences are the knits and cuts.
The raglan one is the flimsiest and softest, the Ballpark one's the heaviest.

The raglan has the most vintage type cut - wide chest, tapered to the hem, short.
Set-in sleeve on top of the raglan sleeve - sleeve width and length is very much the same...

B7DAE6FE-DC21-4890-9081-497B3991B1B0_zps

Please note that the size of the raglan one is L - all others are size M.

I have put the Ballpark sweat on top of the two...

5036AE47-8774-4D39-8FC2-97769EB0E857_zps

Let's take a look at Buzz Rickson and Anthem/Athletic...

F5F94F9A-BB65-4209-AC08-8146AB061977_zps

Both are more modern (straight body, little to no taper) and longer sleeves.

Buzz on top of the 2 RMcC's...

1722D3AD-79E4-4A28-ADD8-34CB61647EA3_zps

Anthem/Athletic on top of the 2RMcC's...

9D1AAACC-4C73-4DAD-8D5D-E41501A37DD4_zps

If you'd ask my cat he would recommend Buzz & Anthem/Athletic because he's cheap & easy.

066B18A3-9E54-4DED-8530-041A9FF96613_zps

Perfect fit on that, pudaspriest! I've been meaning to pick up one of those Deluxeware sweats. Did you get it from 2nd? How did you choose your size? I wear Medium in Real McCoy Ball Park, Large in Strike Gold sweat, Large in Samurai loopwheeled sweat... Also, any shrinkage (if you've washed it yet)? Thanks dude!

I did get it from 2nd, quick shipping from them on this too! Size wise I went for the xl, 2ND does have a sizero chart for these unlike almost everything else they sell. I also have a strike gold in xl and this is longer and slimmer in the chest. I would probably get a large in the strike gold if I had to do it again, the xl is really big on me, but I wanted as much length as I could get. Washed it once already, no noticeable shrinkage but I wash cold and air dry stuff like this so there might be shrinkage of you use hot water.

pudaspriest; did u size the Deluxeware sweatshirt same as in other brands?

I have a Cushman on the way; hope it is heavy weight

So far I have

-2 Freewheelers

-1 Real McCoys

-1 Buzz Rickson

-1 Deluxeware

• 1 month later...

I don't want to live in a world where guys sweatshirts are shorter than strike gold's.

Have you ever tried on an old-style Buzz Rickson sweatshirt? They're shorter than SG. You're living in that world, Ben!

edit: I actually think the indigo dyed SG sweats are as short as I'd like them to be, but I could never get the regular version to shrink nearly as much. 

Edited by jstavrin

I still have issues getting over the ridiculous size of the kangaroo pocket on TSG pull over.  But if it was me I'd go with the green.  I already own too much navy/indigo shit.

Agreed, it's a very odd shape/size.  They wanted to make it hold more but i think they made it too tall and it looks awkward.