Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

I've got a grey RMC Ballpark sweat and two Strike Gold sweats (grey hoodie and indigo dyed crew).

The cut of the Ballpark works a bit better for me due to being a little longer in the body and a little more boxy as well.

But the fabric of the Strike Gold stuff is better in my opinion.  A bit thicker and more substantial.

I would say the quality of both brands is great, no issues at all so far.

Looking to probably add another Strike Gold hoodie this fall, black this time.

I had a Real McCoy's heavyweight ballpark in XL that I just sold to someone on the Iron Heart forum.  If you're tall, this might work for you since the arms were quite long relative to the other measurements.  I have found Iron Heart sweatshirts a bit better fit for me since the chest is large relative to other sweatshirts I've tried, including Strike Gold and Real McCoy's.

John

I'm looking for a grey sweatshirt now, the ultimate one of course. I'm not too fond of a too boxy shirt since i'm quite tall. So if you have any info on the fit that would be great!

There's just so many to choose from, witch one would you recommend? 

Real Mccoy's Ballpark or Loopwheel

The Flat head

Strike Gold

Iron Heart

Studio D´Artisan

Samurai

Anyone I missed?

Highly recommend the Studio D´Artisan Wakayama Special Edition Organic Loopwheel. It's available in grey. It's pricey even if you buy from Japan, which you will probably have to get hold of one. The quality is better than the Ballpark IMO. You need to size up – so if you wear Large go for an XL.

here's a picture of it in cream:

http://www.selectism.com/2010/06/17/studio-dartisan-30th-anniversary-loopwheel-sweatshirt/

Edited by cool_hand

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Cushman off Rakuten from Jeans Shop VARI. If you get your normal size it will fit like it does on their models. I sized up one because those sweatshirts are kind of short and I'm about 6'1". It doesn't feel too boxy. Their size charts were accurate and the shipping was extremely fast. One thing about the Cushman sweats is they have a really small neck opening.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My lightweight Loopwheeler zip-up hoodie came in. I picked it because it's a slim fit and it has the high neck. Now I'm thinking I should go for a heavier loopwheeled zip-up hoodie, not necessarily from Loopwheeler, though. Any suggestions? I wouldn't hesitate to pick Loopwheeler again, but I'd rather avoid that international shipping cost. Plus, having a collection comprised of different brands keeps it interesting! For this one, I'm fine with a regular fit without a high neck.

Edited by tokyocean

• 3 weeks later...

What's the deal with Warehouse sweats? BiG says they're once washed but Warehouse replied to me they weren't and I should size up because they'll shrink a lot? BiG recommends a size 40 for me and Warehouse themselves a 42..

Id tend to trust BiG on this, but only if you are purchasing from BiG as they can only speak on the product they sell.  There might not be any difference between what they sell and what another source sells but you never know.  Things that get lost in translation: loop wheeled and loomstate fabric

• 3 weeks later...

What's the length like on a Buzz Rickson sweat. Also, I tend to be in between a medium and a large. Should I go for a large sweat?

I have a couple br sweats, both size large. one measures 26 length and the other 27. The shorter one i just recently machine dried.

Edited by chewie