Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

i tried one on at seny the other day. they're HUSKY as all hell. pretty rigid feel to them, slim arms and relatively well fitted body.

Anyone have experience with The Strike Gold loopwheeled sweatshirts?

Yes, got one last month and totally adore it. Contrary to the above post, I don't think they are all that rigid but they are tightly woven. Inside is really fleecy, soft and warm. Fit is great. I'm 6' with a size 40" chest so many vintage cut sweats would run too short and wide on me but this one is perfect. They do shrink a bit upon first wash/soak so keep this in mind when sizing.

Yes, got one last month and totally adore it. Contrary to the above post, I don't think they are all that rigid but they are tightly woven. Inside is really fleecy, soft and warm. Fit is great. I'm 6' with a size 40" chest so many vintage cut sweats would run too short and wide on me but this one is perfect. They do shrink a bit upon first wash/soak so keep this in mind when sizing.

Hey were about the same size, mind me asking which size you went for? I have a few Buzz's and i get the best fit from a tumble dryed size large in the new fit... the old fit is a little short on me

thanks for that, i reckon i'll go with the medium strike gold. The large Buzz's don't shrink that much unless tumbledryed then i reckon they shrink about a size.. maybe to the size of an unwashed medium.. ish.

I picked up The Strike Gold loopwheeled sweat in a navy, size large. Here's a comparison with my Buzz Rickson sweat (pre-fall 2011). The Strike Gold has yet to be washed and the Buzz Rickson has been washed a couple of times, but I've seen very little shrinkage.

The Strike Gold is definitely slimmer, with longer sleeves, and a more generous length compared to the Buzz Rickson short and boxy fit.

2nusux0.jpg

loopwheel sweats are a sizing minefield. Fact.

I'v had old Buzz's, new Buzz's and Real Mccoys. A shrunk up new large Buzz fits me best (in my experience they do tighten up a fair bit if dryed hot) I was going to go for a medium SG but now i'm thinking that once washed it will be too small for me... which suks cos there are no larges left.

Anyone know if the SG's stretch back out with wear?

Edited by kimi

a favorite sweatshirt of mine thrifted in london. not really sure when it's from, though.

CboOMl.jpg

deLPyl.jpg

Edited by mapz

• 2 weeks later...

i have this sweat, it's not the same sort of quality as a loopwheel but I really like it. it's a nice fit and a cool colour.. gets better with each wash

sounds good!

i'm just waiting for this one ^_^

• 1 month later...

Looks great in your photo, but the ones on their website look horrible. The fabric looks the same quality as Walmart. I shot them an e-mail if they're going to restock just to try some out. I'm a medium in the old Buzz Rickson fit.

I want to thank Kiya for his advice on this one. I love this thing.

Notice how the neckline pulls away at the side seams and forces the front and back of the neckline towards the neck. This is exactly what happens with my vintage ones. The front and back V detail is fantastic (rib material and no silly runoff stitch). Check out the puckering around the waistline...just like those JC Penny double Vs that vivaloschet posted above. The sleeves are baggy at the under arm, yet tight around the forearm. Yet another great vintage detail. It's hard for me to compare the fabric to my vintage sweats, since they have no doubt been washed a million times. The Hinoya sweatshirt is very soft, and super comfortable.

The transaction with Hinoya was great. They corresponded in English, accepted paypal, and shipped fast. I sent the payment on Wednesday afternoon and had the sweatshirt on Saturday morning.

hinoya2.jpg

The color is a bit off in the picture. In real life it's charcoal gray.

I got an e-mail from Hinoya.

"Although it is really regrettable, the sweatshirts of them is sold out now...

Probably, I think that they will arrive again this autumn.

If the time comes, please send me e-mail again.

I will prepare a sweat shirt for you then!!

Best regards,

Takuya

HINOYA Co.,Ltd"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those interested in the Strike Gold sweatshirts, I've just received mine and could not be happier with it; super soft, warm (it is indeed a tighter weave than other brands), and great construction.

I wear a 42" when it comes to shirts, so got an L in this.

Fit pic after 1 day of wear:

photo-24.jpg

Buzz Rickson (new fit) Sweat Size M pre - post washing

Chest - 21.75" - 21.25"

BL - 24.25" - 24"

SL - 26" (31" incl. shoulder) - 25.5" (30.5")

de406d29.jpg

1ee27255.jpg

717b2e03.jpg

e521a626.jpg

91b79769.jpg

d45d8fe7.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

Posted · Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given

I'm new to Superfuture and I don't want to offend by selling my wares, but I've got stuff right up your alley.

I'm teaching English over in Korea and do some puddle jumping to Japan. I have several vintage repro sweats available. I don't know how to post pics here, though. Help please!

I can send pics to you via email.

I have 50s style Double Vs & Snowflakes. 60's style loopwheeled, freedom sleeves, raglans, long cuffs and slim fits, etc.

Priced to move...