Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

Guest patchmb

some of my sweatshirts. I am 5 10" for sizing purposes.

Whitesville size L. These are sized larger than buzz rickson sweats

pic0109editedsc6.jpg

pic0112fl5.jpg

Buzz size L

pic0115jv1.jpg

rear

pic0114ru6.jpg

Buzz size L

pic0117xx7.jpg

pic0116vl7.jpg

Buzz

pic0118au2.jpg

Toys Mccoy's size M

pic0122jv9.jpg

Toys Mccoy's size M

pic0124wj5.jpg

Buzz size XL

pic0126gn3.jpg

thx for the pics...

something to keep in mind when ordering the buzz ricksons off of historypreservation is that size medium is absurdly short. i called them for measurements, and they actually told me NOT to buy the sweatshirt since im a medium and im tall, and the medium has a 22" length i believe from back of neck to bottom. this sounds ridiculous, and they confirmed that it's indeed ridiculous but that size large has a 25" or so length.

also, fwiw, i emailed BiG and gordon says they have shipments of crewneck sweatshirts coming in in the next couple of weeks from buzz rickson, then samurai, then sda. he even sent me a bunch of pics and the buzz ricksons look diff from the ones on history preservation; maybe the fit is different as well:

buzzricksondy1.jpg

w240.png

these are beauties:

binary.php?BCVID=432694&BinaryCodeID=534079

binary.php?BCVID=452119&BinaryCodeID=534162

perfect fitted sweatshirt. really long arms. long body. lightweight - for people like me who overheat extremely fast.

- carharrt capital sweat tee - (carharrt europe)

8.5oz. combed cotton makes a perfect finish.

fit pics will follow - they are amazing.

i am afraid not exactly vintage sweat though, sorry!

i took a real liking in this carharrt sweat. it is perfect and dead cheap.

cut is the same as this here:

buzzricksondy1.jpg

posted by tim0chen

just very lightweight and unbelievably soft!

i gotta say the service at BiG is exceptional (although the site is somewhat lacking IMO)...

gordon just emailed me to say that hes ohw back from japan w/ a bunch of samurai crewnecks which will be stocked on monday:

24008449au5.jpg

83225019wh9.jpg

41190157uw7.jpg

21054621sl1.jpg

lookin good

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying one of the grey Samurai sweatshirts in size L (from BiG). But I'm going to have to return it, it fits like medium or slightly smaller. But the biggest problem is that the neckhole is crazy small. I could barely get my head through and it was too tight on my neck.

But the material is awesome, I wish it fit better. I'll probably try to get the Buzz Rickson in an XL. Does anybody know how those fit or what their measurements are like? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the request for info on Buzz Rickson sweatshirt sizing. I take a 42/44 in most Japanese stuff...right in between an L and XL in sugarcane shirts, depending on the cut. I'm assuming I am in between L and XL on the Rickson sweatshirt, but any insight from someone with experience beyond reading sizing charts would be very helpful.

We just got the Buzz Rickson grey 1920's sweatshirts in at the store.. i forgot now nice these were.. I'm now digging up my two printed ones i have from 2006 to wear.

The only downside is that normally they only make S/M/L, and the Small is almost a kid's size.. They've produced us XL an XXL but only in grey, hopefully for next season we'll get them to make sure black or red in larger sizes too.

We just got the Buzz Rickson grey 1920's sweatshirts in at the store.. i forgot now nice these were.. I'm now digging up my two printed ones i have from 2006 to wear.

The only downside is that normally they only make S/M/L, and the Small is almost a kid's size.. They've produced us XL an XXL but only in grey, hopefully for next season we'll get them to make sure black or red in larger sizes too.

when will they be online?