Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

it's n before h fellas.

banh.

i haven't actually had banh mi thit for a long time...

man, if you're ever starvin' and need a quick fix - banh mi thit nem nuong (extra everything) and fuckin vietnamese coffee will fix you right up quick smart.

oh and btw, pho is originally from north vn.

o_O Chicken have you ever been to Noodle City? That's some good pho..well I think it was Noodle City..could be the Noodle Planet or Noodle World..

just went to noodle city today and it was great!

pho was legit, cha gio was nice and crispy and it came with a good fish sauce, and the durian shake was strangely addicting.

noodle planet was right next door, btw.

+rep for you, knugget :)

anyone ever try to cook their own pho?

ive tried once, followed the recipe on the food network website. wether i fucked it up or not, it didnt come out as expected :(. not willing to try it again anytime soon, especially with the 8 hour cook time

Anyone know some good pho places in Berkeley/around the Bay Area? The places near me are okay, but if anyone has any recommendations, I'd be all over that—butter on toast style.

man, there was a great pho place near clement street (but not on it), near the real chinatown. but it's been so long i forgot the street name nor the restaurant.

sorry, not much help. but there are definitely good places for pho in the bay area.

A pho appreciation thread? No way!

I've not been to Vietnam yet, so the best pho I have had was in this place called Pho 14 in Paris, near the Tolbiac metro. The ironic thing is that the chicken pho actually had tastier broth than the beef pho.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2043/2082875521_a5e4b9cef2.jpg?v=0

If anyone of you visits Paris, look out for this sign:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2164/2082876557_c89b1f099e.jpg?v=0

Vietnamese cuisine is just fantastic. Sugarcane prawns and rice paper spring rolls, anyone?

Sugarcane prawns> sugar cane denim?

i thought free range was a good thing. but there are too many worms or something?

no, but the free range over there is legit free range, they've been running marathons for the past year, so the meat is so fucking chewy and tough that your stomach takes a bit longer to digest it. At least for me, I walked around constipated for like almost a week straight.

yeah theres a few on clement theres one on 10 and clement, and one other i knwo of thats pretty good on 5th or 4th close to there., you know your sf back streets chicken.

man, there was a great pho place near clement street (but not on it), near the real chinatown. but it's been so long i forgot the street name nor the restaurant.

sorry, not much help. but there are definitely good places for pho in the bay area.