Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

oops. were you guys talking about pho 54 in san jose? i thought you were talking about the one in rosemead. boo.

pho 54 is everywhere, theres on in orange county, westminster to be exact in little saigon, that please looks cheesy but hella good and hella cheap

i never had great pho in LA but couple places have great names. one place i go to is called "Pho-bulous" and there's a place in koreatown called "What the Pho" :)

I wonder if there are ne places called "Pho-king" or "Pho-Sho"

there's this pho place i used to live near in va called "pho kim"

where are the good pho places in ny?

i don't like proper pho, can't stand the smell and the froth. i always scoop the colloidal animal fat mixture out then add a shit load of lemon juice, chilli sauce and hoisin sauce to get rid of the smell. i just generally don't like the smell of chicken, beef and pork when used as stock in viet noodle soup. i much prefer mi quan (primarily a prawn smell), bun rieu (primarily a crab smell and yes i like it with that super stinky sauce-mam ruoc) and bun bo hue (but never touch it if the smell is too strong). ban xieu (sp? pronounced kinda like sieou) is awesome in hue and da nang, way better than my mum, step grandma and aunty makes. sea snails are also nice as.

i'm definitely not taking your advice on pho then. love the smell from fish sauce and all the random beef parts. but it looks like i should take your advice on other stuff. any bun mi recs?

pho 54 is everywhere, theres on in orange county, westminster to be exact in little saigon, that please looks cheesy but hella good and hella cheap

aren't the numbers following pho, like 54, originally the number of their address or something?

i'm definitely not taking your advice on pho then. love the smell from fish sauce and all the random beef parts. but it looks like i should take your advice on other stuff. any bun mi recs?

aren't the numbers following pho, like 54, originally the number of their address or something?

pho 79 in bolsa is my favorite one

Weird. Because that's what your mom said.
pho 79 in bolsa is my favorite one

bolsa is a place to get good eats but not a place to chill at, all the viet people there dress like wanksters and they have long bangs and stuff, like they are stuck in the 80's decked out in hollister and american eagle thinking they are the shit

noooooooo, i wasn't giving advice on pho. i didn't even have a single bowl of pho when i was in vietnam. the random places on the streets in vietnam that sell rice rolls, rice with pippies and other stuff, other noodles etc were really nice and there was this one place that had sea snails that was soooo nice, really spicy and the texture and taste of them isn't very different from abalone which is quite pricey. i'm more of a sea food person. ban xieu is kinda like a viet pancake that is crunchy, yellow, has stuff like bamboo shoots, meat and some other stuff in it. it's also often eaten with this processed meat too (nam).

man next time get your spelling right, its spelled ban xeo not xieu and they dont put process meat in banh xeo, if nam is in banh xeo it'll just fall apart like ground beef and you would have a taco i don't know what kind of banh xeo or in your case banh xieu youre eating, other than pho pasteur in saigon all else is pretty much shit maybe 2000 is okay but pasteur rapes, they charge american price or more though

nam on the stick is the shit, specially if youre drinking and have a mini grill, grilling in freezing temperatures in big bear is the shit

its aight if you cant spell but you know how to speak, right?

i like all kinds of food. man, i've gots to go to vietnam.

i was planning to go to vietnam and japan next winter, cuz its actually cheaper that way plus you could even get free hotel for stay in japan, i dont know how that works but thats how ive been traveling. at most you get 2 days free in japan after the free is over i usually stay at the base in yokohama and atsugi for cheap cheap

some people mention that i have it but not a lot. everyone says my dad has a heavy hue accent but i'm use to it from him so i can't tell from him. some of my cousins who've moved to saigon from hue put on a saigon accent when talking to outside people then when they talk to their parents they put on a really strong hue accent.

we have the dvd where it was some girl from washington who won it, she was so hot and clearly better looking than the rest. when i went wanted to stop over to hk on the way to vietnam for like one or two days (no extra charge) but parents couldn't be stuffed and wanted to go straight to vn. when my parents and sis have gone without me, they've gone straight there, stopped in thailand for a few days, stopped in hk for a day and stopped in singapore for a day, each time without extra charge. plus kfc is so ridiculously crap in vietnam.

lol, i fuckin hate thailand never want anything to do in thailand or with the thai people

cambodia was g though, thought i was gonna die, but i accepted a beer and i was cool with the locals

I request someone start a Don thread, but they got to be South Korean so it's authentic, (else I would do it).

I loves me a good don, it's like eating a rainbow of fuckin flavour.

slight? my cuzin his mom is hue and he is heavy on the accent. yea glad you can speak, those fucking bitches on the viet usa pageant they cant even speak viet, fuckin pathetic

I don't have a Hue accent, but my dad is Hue. My ex-gf and my cousin's used to not understand his Vietnamese. But I think over the years his accent became more Bac.

At anyrate, for all you Hue fools, there needs to be a Bun Bo Hue and Com Hen thread.. fuck yeah.

I don't have a Hue accent, but my dad is Hue. My ex-gf and my cousin's used to not understand his Vietnamese. But I think over the years his accent became more Bac.

At anyrate, for all you Hue fools, there needs to be a Bun Bo Hue and Com Hen thread.. fuck yeah.

this thread needs visual aids:

com hen = rice with pippies (spicy and other stuff in it too) for anyone wondering.

8a0vp1e.jpg

nam: Grilled pork on a stick with chilli, lemon grass and other stuff depending on how you like it. uncooked here though.

6oo7fp4.jpg

bun (noodles) bo (beef) hue (province in vietname):

6o0knc1.jpg

bun rieu:

6z4kuj8.jpg

eaten with mam tom (prawn paste)

7xj9kd1.jpg

my bun rieu gets very dark because i put so much mam tom in it.

ban xeo:

6ob7z93.jpg

shitty ban xeo here, too thick and looks a lot like how my family makes it. one in hue and da nang i had was thinner, crisper, not eaten with fish sauce but with this yellow thick paste/sauce thing and was eaten with fried eggs where the yolk was still fluid (way prefer my eggs this way generally.

isn't banh mi just bread? there's other stuff but i even forget what they're called in viet. these rolls with minced meat in it and this type of fungus chopped up really thinly and eaten with bamboo shoots, lettuce, peppermint leaves, fish sauce with sliced carrots in it and of course chilli. mi quang is probably my favourite noodles but i'm not sure i'm even spelling it properly and the pics on google look like crap for it.