JesseJB

Pho?!?!?!?!

There are a lot of decent pho places in LA around Koreatown. I've still yet to find a place that serves good bun though.

ive had pho for 3 days staight.

not even tired of it

Might go try to look up Nam Son on my way downtown for lunch tomorrow. I guess i've probably been past it like 5 times this weekend and didn't pay attention.

Might go try to look up Nam Son on my way downtown for lunch tomorrow. I guess i've probably been past it like 5 times this weekend and didn't pay attention.

xe lua is much much better.

^ I'm going to check out Xe Lua.

edit: drew you should try some Banh Mi.

Saigon Vietnamese Sandwich Deli on 369 BROOME street. It's near the NYFirehouse and the italian pizza place. Get the number 1 and add pate.

Going to Hanoi next week

after living in Japan for a year, this will be my first pho in quite awhile, cannot wait

Going to Hanoi next week

after living in Japan for a year, this will be my first pho in quite awhile, cannot wait

do not skip bun cha in hanoi, it's one of my favorite dishes up there and the southerners can't do it right

^ I'm going to check out Xe Lua.

edit: drew you should try some Banh Mi.

Saigon Vietnamese Sandwich Deli on 369 BROOME street. It's near the NYFirehouse and the italian pizza place. Get the number 1 and add pate.

THIS! I get that sweet ground pork one whenever I'm down there. And a kumquat juice. The bread at that place is AMAZING! I remember when they were just half the size and even more ghetto looking. Zagats has made them rich.

did not try any pho in NYC, did a little google image search and review reading for Xe Lua, Nam Son, Pho Bang, etc, and did not like what I saw.

^ I don't entirely blame you. I've had much better pho in MA where my parents live (near lowell)

There are a lot of decent pho places in LA around Koreatown. I've still yet to find a place that serves good bun though.

im not looking for decent pho places. im looking for an out of body experience pho place. anywhere in downtown would be great

im not looking for decent pho places. im looking for an out of body experience pho place. anywhere in downtown would be great

there is a great place for pho ga (chicken pho) and banh coun, I had both and they only serve those items. Hoa Kiem I believe it's called, it's in chinatown.

there is a great place for pho ga (chicken pho) and banh coun, I had both and they only serve those items. Hoa Kiem I believe it's called, it's in chinatown.

thanks POLY! will try soon when I'm in the area again

^ I don't entirely blame you. I've had much better pho in MA where my parents live (near lowell)

I believe you, my favorite pho place is not anywhere on a map really. I had pho today in a Viet-heavy town and it was not great. It was legit but did not have me in tears.

I did not grow up eating pho, but I've been eating it for half my life, and I do literally well up when this one place brings me pho, the aroma and the broth is so well-made and on a level I feel no one else has gotten close to in my experience. I feel like a bad cook when it's brought to me, and this doesn't even happen to me if I go to like, Joel Robuchon. I bow down to them.

Looking forward to some Golden Deli with sufu people in a few days. It might blow my mind, or it might make me sad, I am not sure, but it must be done.

There used to be a reallly good viet place right next to Burger King in the "bootleg shopping mall"... alllllll the way in the back, dirty hole in the wall kinda place... seating for about 8-10 ppl only

the haitian guys that sell shit on canal would go there and order in french...

but she closed shop and moved to NJ or so i've heard... if only i knew where exactly...

not enough pics in this thread

i almost always order pho tai

pho ha in pomona:

p1100446k.jpg

i mentioned this place earlier in this thread, but haven't been there in a while, so i decided to revisit it. the broth used to be super flavorful from what i remembered, but that's not the case anymore. this is just "OK" pho

golden deli in san gabriel:

p1100221k.jpg

met the expectations of a bowl of "good pho" - nothing bad to say about this place.

definitely recommended

i still think that pho to chau in honolulu is the most memorable pho experience i've had, ever. the broth is amazing here. i remember eating the xtra large bowl in a couple of minutes and still wanting more. (but the service was maddd slow so i didn't :( )

p1030010i.jpg

here in seattle pho is mostly a joke. don't bother going to yelp because 98% of people don't know what they fuck they are talking about. one think pho should be is DANK!

yum

had a grand ol' bowl of 'special' pho... b .. not perfect but real nice. so much meat and tripe i almost died.

topped off with iced milk coff

i choked on some pepper flake so i started coffing and was embarassed : (

went to Xe Lua last night, it wasnt good, it was like just hot water and msg

For Bay Area folk, specifically Millbrae, I've been eating at Pho Hoa Ky for over 10 years. Some of the best bun I've ever had.

i had the fcukcfckcing best bowl of lemongrass chiocken vermicelli... oh my fukcing god i almost came.

best....

i want a viet girl to be my wife

i had the fcukcfckcing best bowl of lemongrass chiocken vermicelli... oh my fukcing god i almost came.

best....

i want a viet girl to be my wife

vermicelli is "min" not "pho" white cracker!

my biggest beef with pho is most places that serve it do so in tiny bowls, hardly any noodles and gotta get around 3 bowls to be sufficiently filled up. A pho meal is pretty costly.

not enough pics in this thread

i almost always order pho tai

pho ha in pomona:

p1100446k.jpg

i mentioned this place earlier in this thread, but haven't been there in a while, so i decided to revisit it. the broth used to be super flavorful from what i remembered, but that's not the case anymore. this is just "OK" pho

golden deli in san gabriel:

p1100221k.jpg

met the expectations of a bowl of "good pho" - nothing bad to say about this place.

definitely recommended

i really like pho ha when i'm in pomona.

my biggest beef with pho is most places that serve it do so in tiny bowls, hardly any noodles and gotta get around 3 bowls to be sufficiently filled up. A pho meal is pretty costly.

i feel exactly the opposite with pretty much every pho place i've eaten at in southern california

got to try Golden Deli is San Gabriel , I keep hearing good things .. My usual spot is Saigon Pho on Las Tunas