Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

lol, pho seems like a random topic to revive from the dead.

I suspect that there are probably many many great places for pho in sj though.. GL finding the best.

As for me, I live within 15 min drive to 3 of the best (general consensus opinion) pho restaurants in LA, excluding OC.

i have never had pho and i really want to try it. i would like to know where is the best in san jose, and if those are your 2 recomendations have they changed since you originally posted?

Usually, the best Pho are from the dirtiest, seediest, looking restaurants.

Make sure to order the 'special' or the one with intestines, giblets, blood jelly, etc.

Yes to this; just hit up westminster, viet land = tons of tasty pho :D

Even better if the Pho "restaurant" has been on TV for violating health regulations.

That is when you know the Pho is "traditional".

Oh man, I LOVE pho. I can eat it all day. My personal record is eating it 3 days in a row, 3 meals a day. And I still wasn't tired of it.

Lucky for me, I live pretty close to the San Gabriel Valley, which has a pho restaurant on every block, it seems. The best I've had so far is at Golden Deli, but I don't go there much because the wait to get in is insane and it's ALWAYS crowded no matter what time of day it is.

There are some veggie/vegan pho places around LA as well as some yuppie ones, but it's just not the same.

My favorite is pho with flank, steak, tripe, and tendon. I don't know why, but I always order tendon and like the first couple of bites, but by the end of the bowl, the texture just seems disgusting and I can't eat any more of it.

My family makes chicken pho with thick flat noodles and that's pretty damn good too.

i tell this to people, but no one really understands, but i searched far and wide for the best pho and found it. it's in saigon, on pasteur street, pho pasteur. once you eat there, all else is crap, you chase the dragon...

i have ate there too, there is also another place worth mentioning i think its pho 2000 in vietnam? im not sure if thats the name, but anywhere else its all msg shit and really really fatty

• 6 months later...

i always get the xtra large bowl on the menu

#1) Xe Lua

its awesome. its got all the beef meat they serve in it. and its only $6.

damn we have alot around the bay area (san jose area) but i only eat it once in awhile bc my mom be making it every other week at home

Kim Long- big ass bowls and shit

Pho 54- my favorite

pho 54 is for the og's