Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

ok phillyists, let's settle the vietnam rivalry-------which is better, VIETNAM RESTAURANT (221 N. 11th St) or VIETNAM PALACE (222 N. 11th St)???

i'm such a loyal VIETNAM patron that I have never set foot in VIETNAM PALACE. i know people from the other camp that are loyal to PALACE.

so strange that they are directly across the street from each other like that, yes?

I had some 5 spiciness-star pad thai last night. Im like doubling over in pain still but after reading through this again I dont care...Im getting some pho with extra chili sauce tonight.

where do you go for thai? I highly recommend thaiger room in the u district. best thai in the city. thai thoms is pretty good too.

so it's like chicken noodle, but with beef? Sounds very very good. I will go try it.

have you had phad thai? they use the same long thin rice noodles. and the beef is raw when they put it in the soup; it gets cooked by the hot broth. also super oniony, you'll smell like shit for the rest of the day after eating it, but oh is it worth it. beware of the meatballs though. I like them but they definitely taste... let's say, different.

This thread has bred the sincere thought of me taking a trip to Vietnam expressly to search for the best bowl of pho I'll ever have in my life...

again, dismalfuture, i've been up and down the country, south to north, all over this country, and still will stake claim that the best joint IN THE WORLD is Pho Pasteur in Saigon. My cousin is born and raised in Saigon and he concludes the same thing. It's literally impossible to explain why this place is so good too. But literally everyday for a month I'd sit outside in the morning and drink a cafe sua da at Cafe Paris next to Notre Dame and then I'd go to Pho Pasteur for breakfast/lunch. That shit was that good.

ok phillyists, let's settle the vietnam rivalry-------which is better, VIETNAM RESTAURANT (221 N. 11th St) or VIETNAM PALACE (222 N. 11th St)???

i'm such a loyal VIETNAM patron that I have never set foot in VIETNAM PALACE. i know people from the other camp that are loyal to PALACE.

so strange that they are directly across the street from each other like that, yes?

Yeah, i havent been to either in years now, but I remember going to vietnam resturant insted of vietnam palace. My brother in law's buddies own Zen tea house down the road from those places. Check that out if you're into bubble teas. I really only go to Washington Ave for the viet joints as that's where you have the most selection of shit you want, Nam Phuong is probably the most tasty. But i'm kinda craving some wonton with noodles and duck now...fuck.

where do you go for thai? I highly recommend thaiger room in the u district. best thai in the city. thai thoms is pretty good too.

Ive only had Thai once in Seattle and it was at Toi in midtown. The only thing hotter than the noodles was our waitress. Tuesday is noodle night ($7 a plate!!!) and $1 Red Hook pints!!!! And that shit is gourmet!

not sure, I just ate whatever my boss brought in (Thai family owned business, brought in last night's leftovers for luch for everyone). didn't ask what it was called, it was all very good tho. where do I get pho in Texas?

http://www.hewnandhammered.com/pho/texas/index.html

where in texas are you?

all the bigger cities have a decent vietnamese population so you really shouldn't have any problems getting pho down there (houston, dallas, and gaveston come to mind). I had a bit of trouble finding a decent bowl in providence because it was pho made by cambodians and they like their shit sweet so they added sugar.

not sure, I just ate whatever my boss brought in (Thai family owned business, brought in last night's leftovers for luch for everyone). didn't ask what it was called, it was all very good tho. where do I get pho in Texas?

Pho Hoa

Texas

8300 West Sam Houston Parkway, #218, Houston, TX 77072-5008

Tel: (281) 530-6332

Since I live in the Capital of Vietnam outside of the actual country (Talking about Garden Grove Westminster) We have the best pho joints. By the way, I had beef soba at a japanese place the other night and it was disgusting.

spots? last time i was out there, while still good, shit didn't compare back to the country.

I just got the best large bowl of pho last night. and 2 egg rolls. bliss.

But there was a table of "blasians" who were heckeling all the other asians in the place trying to start fights. Funny how there were like 8 of them and only 2 could afford to order anything heheh

Oh well. good pho.

• 3 months later...
oh man... anybody know of killer pho places in the Nova/DC area?

just went to pho 75 down in NoVA last weekend. I was amazing...broth and noodles were both very very good. Best I've had in a while.

Pho 75

3103 Graham Rd

Falls Church, VA 22042

(703) 204-1490

Read Reviews | View on Map

Pho 75 - Arlington

1721 Wilson Blvd.

Arlington, VA 22209

(703) 525-7355

Pho 75 Restaurant

382 Elden St

Herndon, VA 20170

(703) 471-4145

Pho 79 Restaurant

1135 N Highland St

Arlington, VA 22201

(703) 276-7110

they're all run by the same family. They got em up here in philly too

http://www.phofever.com/index.php

that's an interesting site

Pho King. I heard thats the name of a restaurant somewhere

yeah actually that place is in the town [Ft.Lee NJ] near i live

over the past few years there has been a huge increase in pho places here

makes me wonder how my family is the only vietnamese in our town

oh yeah, there is also a "Mo'Pho" too

to everyone that has said pho hoa is the best, do yourself a favor and find a decent mom & pop/hole in the wall place. in the vietnamese community, pho hoa is known to be the worst. I give props that they were able to franchise, but still, their bowl sucks.

also, i'm too lazy to quote, but there's no such thing as a vegetarian version of pho. pho is all about the broth and how it's prepared. unfortunately you only have 2 choices when it comes to broth - beef or chicken. i wouldn't be surprised, that with the popularity of pho, some young entrepeneur is going to take the idea of a vegetarian pho and run with it.