Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

I need a proper pho recipe. Can pm me if it's a secret family recipe or something, I won't share it. I just need pho.

mine looked like this. didn't have the right flavor I was looking for though.

try using both a whole chicken AND beef bones. Beef bones give it that pho flavor but it's the chicken that gives it a sweet, lasting taste.

• 1 month later...

this thread needs a bump

personally, i like Cong Ly and Nha Trang One in nyc

but the closest-to-best pho i've had is at Nha Trang Place in jersey city.

reminds me a lot of the pho i had when i visited the home country years ago.

tldr; make the trip to jersey city and i'll personally take you out to pho, my treat.

Edited by ohsnap

• 2 weeks later...

ate Pho 79 twice this past weekend. The soup is noticeably lighter if you go early in the morning, as I did around 8am on Sunday. It was light and sweet, very little fat. Before that I had it in the afternoon and it must've come from a pot doing heavy duty that day, the soup was greasier and much beefier; still good, but that light morning pho was really great.

306583_10100775353038250_15904009_54740674_665122625_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

man i would love to join in on the pho quest

but i think most places in vietnam will fuck with msg and that will give me awful headaches

when you goin?? summer?

going in a couple weeks...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in Saigon right now, just ate pho. It's like 1am monday here so everything was closed, and so I got pho from room service. It was 200,000 dong, lol. Broth was way too greasy, spices not really prominent. Really not so good. I was so disappointed I didnt even try the tai. Tomorrow I will try pho hoa on Pasteur, maybe pho 2000, and pho 24.

I'm in Saigon right now, just ate pho. It's like 1am monday here so everything was closed, and so I got pho from room service. It was 200,000 dong, lol. Broth was way too greasy, spices not really prominent. Really not so good. I was so disappointed I didnt even try the tai. Tomorrow I will try pho hoa on Pasteur, maybe pho 2000, and pho 24.

skip pho 24 that shit is like the kfc of pho.

pasteur and 2000 is the go.